January 2013 Moms

Thoren's hearing test. Update.

Thoren had his hearing test today, and didn't pass it. So we are being referred for an in depth hearing test where he'll be sedated and they'll use electrodes to determine what his ears are picking up. There is a possibility that he didn't respond because he was upset about having his ears messed with, and he is sick today, so overall i think it is best that we test his hearing more thoroughly. Been a long emotional morning here at Casa DeHaven.

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

Re: Thoren's hearing test. Update.

• I hope it's nothing and that it is just the age thing of not always doing what you need them to and him being sick. I know we had a couple instances of not passing hearing tests at earlier stages and most were because he was not really cooperating or that the machine was picking up other interferences. We did get a passing on additional testing and therefor could rule that out. I really am hoping the same for you, since I know how scary this is. *hugs*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We didn't pass ours because M was throwing a fit the whole time.  However, we passed some earlier ones and she is talking so we didn't have to do anything else.  The good news is that if it is a hearing issue, there are fixes, and it could be as easy as treating an infection.  If this can explain a speech delay, this is very good news.
  • Loading the player...
  • We didn't pass ours because M was throwing a fit the whole time.  However, we passed some earlier ones and she is talking so we didn't have to do anything else.  The good news is that if it is a hearing issue, there are fixes, and it could be as easy as treating an infection.  If this can explain a speech delay, this is very good news.
    I couldn't have typed this any better myself. A hearing issues is a very good reason for a speech delay and there are several ways to treat a hearing issue. (((hugs)))) mommma. Hang in there, hope Thoren gets feeling better very soon!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• ((HUGS))  Good luck with the next round of testing!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Poor guy. That would be terrifying to experience. I hope that you find some firm answers at the next appointment. 

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Sorry to hear it didn't go as hoped, but here's hoping the more thorough testing gives you some good information. Fingers crossed!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sounds like you will have answers relatively soon. Keep us updated!!
  • Sorry for such a rough day! Ugh! Sick babies are no fun, plus a scary hearing test for him. T&P go to your family and hoping you find some answers soon.

• Thinking of you and sending lots of vibes for positive results on the next round of testing!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Aw sorry & best wishes for the second test
  • I hope your little man feels better soon! And I hope you get some answers. Keep us posted!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• fx for your next test ((hugs))
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

• Good luck on the next test! Keep your chin up, mama!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Sorry he isn't feeling well and didn't pass the test. If he doesn't pass the next one and you need someone to talk to feel free to let me know. I am a sign language interpreter and have experience with all levels of hearing loss.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"