2nd Trimester

Normal cramping?

Hi all. I'm just over 17 weeks preg and for the past few days I've been getting period like cramps. Also, i have a dermoid cyst on my left ovary and I'm def feeling pain there - not constantly - but often. No bleeding. I called dr and they said it sounds normal. Has anyone else had pains similar to this?

Re: Normal cramping?

• I often get cramping and my doctor told to me think of it as growing pains.  Also, I had a cyst during my first pregnancy and it was gone by the time I was 28 weeks.  Of course, make sure you are drinking plenty of fluids and if you are concerned always touch base with your doctor.  Hope you feel better!
  • mrsH1112mrsH1112 member
    edited April 2014
    I am also 17 weeks and this week I have had period like cramping on Sunday and Monday.  Even today Ive had a little bit of it.  Im chalking it up to RLP/our uterus's stretching.  I could even feel the ligaments on the sides of my lower pelvis being sore.

Like others said try drinking a lot of water, it does help a bit.

Im going to mention it to my dr at my next appointment (not for 2 weeks) but basically was told before that cramping that is something to worry about is cramping that is associated with contractions...any bleeding...and is really painful.  Otherwise its usually stretching.

I talked to my sister today who told me last year while preg. after 17, 18 weeks she had minor cramping almost everyday.

Edited:  Sorry I over looked that you already talked to your Dr.
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Loading the player...
  • Make sure you're staying hydrated. Also, making sure you're getting some exercise, even very light like walking each day, will help too. It's likely just normal aches and pains from  your growing uterus!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes and my doctor said the same thing. It is weird to me though because I never had these symptoms with my first.
  • If you are uncomfortable, get in touch with your doctor, however MY doctor told me that the cramping associated with stretching could be very painful at times.  I mentioned that a few times I had stopped dead in my tracks because the onset was sudden.  He explained that as long as the sharp pain is short lived (no more than a minute or two) he  didn't think I had any reason to be concerned. He suggested more fluids and to make sure I was doing some light stretching and moving around regularly, that this should help.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"