January 2013 Moms
Options

So this is how my craptastic day started out...

I let my big dog, Ollie, out this morning to pee.  Before I knew it, he was lunging like, well, a crazed dog, at our back fence, jumping so high I thought he was going to clear it.  I was like "what the..." and I realized there was a possum up on the fence.  Before I could stop him, he'd dragged the poor animal down and snapped its neck and was trying to eat it.  This really disturbed me because 1) gross, 2) before coffee, 3) I am one of those weirdos who actually likes possums and I felt bad. Possums are harmless and do a very, very good job of keeping rat populations in check.  I really hope this one wasn't on her way to feed her babies :(.

Needless to say, I skipped breakfast this morning, and now I'm all crabby.

How are your mornings going?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: So this is how my craptastic day started out...

• Options
    Oh wow what a morning. Hope your day improves!

I have to say possums seriously creep me out. But that is sad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ahhhh man. That sucks. Welp I am at work. Couldn't get out of bed til 6, So sat in school traffic trying to get here. Boss is out of town so it's a party ;) Just kidding. I decided to go for hoping our white chicken chili doesn't get overcooked in the slow cooker today. I started it at 6:30am. 
    I bet your chili will great, it's pretty hard to ruin chili.  And, by the way - yum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh wow what a morning. Hope your day improves! I have to say possums seriously creep me out. But that is sad.
    Yeah, they are creepy.  We had one nesting under a stairway that we could see from our window (in an apartment I used to live in).  The have those empty, ancient eyes that sharks have that make them seem kind of evil.  I ended up doing some research (trying to figure out whether to evict the possum under the stairs) and found out they are really helpful animals and so I developed an appreciation for them. 
  • Options
    Oh wow, yeah, that would wake me up too. 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    That is so sad!  My dog likes to catch and kill things, thank goodness it is mostly bees and bugs.  She has gone after other things like mice and rabbits, but I have always been able to stop her.  I already told DH that if she was to catch something while he was at work that I would make him come home because I don't think I could handle it.  Uck!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    Ya, no good.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Hope your day ended on a better note! I'm waiting for DD to poop again so I can run it over to the doctor. A few people have had a nasty parasite recently and we've been sick on and off for a week now :/
  • Options
    Ewww. Not a fun way to start the day. Hopefully tomorrow is better! On a side note, I don't think I've ever seen a possum in real life...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I can't stand seeing any dead animals...so sad.
    PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"