August 2014 Moms
Options

How long do you wish pregnancy lasted?

aelhuntaelhunt member
edited April 2014 in August 2014 Moms
Look at the chart below in comments and decide which animal's gestation period best reflects what you WISH human gestation would be.

'I loved you for a thousand years and I will love you for a thousand more'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

How long do you wish pregnancy lasted? 117 votes

Rat/Chicken
5% 7 votes
Cat/Dog
16% 19 votes
Monkey
40% 47 votes
Human
28% 33 votes
Horse
2% 3 votes
Whale
0% 1 vote
SS or- explain your option.
5% 7 votes

Re: How long do you wish pregnancy lasted?

• Options

• Options
    I said human. While I hear myself complain a lot, I appreciate the time I have to prepare for my LO.
    Especially for a FTM.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I said human.  I think it's perfect.  I wouldn't mind skipping the whole MS thing though!  I enjoy most of pregnancy.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    SS
    Depends on the pregnancy.
    I could have kept DD in forever. It was easy. This kid now doesn't like me.
    Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  
  • Options
    Somewhere between Monkey and Human sounds good. I could probably do without the last few weeks when I'm just huge and waiting to pop, but at least 6-7 months is pretty OK (in my experience!)

Poor elephants...
  • Options
    Monkey sounds good to me too, I wouldn't be huge as long. As long as the size of the baby doesn't change, DS was 8lbs 4.4 oz, 5lb tiny babies scare me. I'm afraid ill break them!

• Options
    Well, guess I'm glad to be human. 9 months is cool with me! I've had a fairly easy pregnancy so far and while I'm sure I'll be more than ready come July, I'm thankful to have time to prepare! Right now I feel like August is around the corner and I still have so much to do!!

BabyFetus Ticker

Our first.. Baby BOY! EDD 8/20/14 :) 
  • Options
    I picked human, too. I just think longer is agonizing but now having one already I feel I need all 9 months to prepare for another. Sometimes I wish it was cat/dog but not often.

• Options
    9 months is too long.  8 months is better.

>>>---FSU--->

• Options
    Cat/dog. Not too short or long.

I hate being pregnant. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I said rat/chicken because I don't like being pregnant.  I can plan for the baby before I get pregnant.
    Yup. This. I want this kid out!!
  • Options
    Um...just realized this.  Rats live 18-20 years???

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    I like the 9 months, but would like to skip first tri and just have second tri last twice as long.  I love feeling him wiggle around inside me! 

Caveat: FTM, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up wishing I could shorten third tri...
  • Options
    K&M9 said:
    So I mean I totally get WHY our gestational period is set up the way it is-- any shorter and the baby is too underdeveloped; any longer and the head won't fit out of the birth canal. But I sort of wish for the infants' sakes that they could develop a bit more in utero before coming out. That being said, that's probably somewhat related to the fact that this pregnancy hasn't been all that terrible for me and I'm a FTM... I'd probably lean more toward the "GET IT OUT OF ME" side if the case were different. 

It hasn't been terrible for me either.. I've been pretty lucky so far (which is why I never have anything to share for TMI tuesday..) BUT I really just don't like how my body is changing, I hate not fitting into any clothes, (example, I've taken to walking around the house in either underwear and a t shirt or just a t shirt. FI: "Did you read something in Cosmo that said you should walk around like that for me?" Me: No.. But I only have one pair of yoga pants that still fits and they're dirty. I hate clothes right now.") ..I'm just not a fan of being pregnant. I want my body back.

• Options

I said rat/chicken because I don't like being pregnant.  I can plan for the baby before I get pregnant.

Me too. I could make it work in that short of time.

photo 63d081b2-beb9-4486-ae4e-de648860b72c_zpsa8e37ee8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    shevaCCshevaCC member
    edited April 2014
    I was thinking monkey would be about right...I'm about ready to have this baby, and don't want to wait until August.
  • Options
    I think somewhere around 6 months would be ideal. Long enough to prepare but not so long that it feels like forever. Maybe I'm just having an uncomfortable pregnancy but I'm ready for these twins to get here ASAP!

Check out my travel blog.... www.SeeJulesTravel.com
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Another cat/dog. 

If human gestation was only that long, we'd certainly get it all done in the time allotted to us. 

I'm just ready to get this over with so I can have the fun of playing with the WeeNut!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• Options
    21 days! My pregnancy has been rough and I can't wait to have the baby so my hormones won't be trying to kill me anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"