August 2014 Moms
Options

Milkies?

I was reading a magazine at the doctors today and there was an add for milkies milk saver breast pads. The idea sounds kinda cool but I've never heard of it. Anyone know anything about them?
Soon to be mommy of 3!
DS Grayson (3yrs) (Emergency Csec)
imageDS Camden (1yr) (All natural Vbac)
DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Milkies?

• Options
    Here's a pic:
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I saw these on Pinterest. I couldn't quite figure out if they would work well or not but I'm interested in finding out. Simply because it's something I haven't seen before!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    A woman on DD's BMB just got them after her second child was born a few weeks ago. She highly recommends them and now swears by them in that early leaky breastpad-soaking stage. I think I might give them a try.
  • Options
    Several women on my Feb 13 BMB used them and thought they were awesome. I was planning to try them this time too. I leak like a sieve for several weeks. I'd love to be able to freeze that milk! ;)
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Awesome! It would be nice to save it, it seems like so much is wasted when leaks happen. Thank you for the insight I may try them myself this time around!! Did they say if they were uncomfortable? Do they wear them all the time?
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The time I leak the most is at night...and it doesn't seem like they would be comfortable to wear to bed...

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• Options
    You can buy these at BuyBuy Baby and they have them on their website with reviews. I haven't used them before (first baby) but the reviews said they were great for nursing, but you (like PP said) cannot wear them at night or bend over with them on because they are open at the time. I think I will get a box and try them out during nursing and see if I like them. I think they are at least worth a shot! Especially if you have a hard time producing, I can imagine losing any foremilk would be frustrating.
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    And my computer is being dumb and now I can't edit. I meant they are open at the top*. NOT "at the time". good lord.
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    I think they were around when I had J. I never got them, but I did often hold a bottle under boob #2 while he ate. He was a one-sided feeder from pretty early on, so the "neglected" side leaked like mad. I caught up to 4 oz one morning!
  • Options
    NSAbbyNSAbby member
    edited April 2014

whats foremilk? :\

ETA: wrong emoticon

Baby Girl born 7/9/2014 at 34.5wks

• Options
    I always leak a ton after a shower so I'm thinking then they would be useful since I normally shower after baby is sleeping.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Wow!! I had no idea about foremilk or Hindmilk. I thought it was all the same . That's awesome to know... I also had never heard of milkies. I could definitely use those because my other breast (that's not in use) leaks so much I used to just stick a towel under it because anything else would be saturated!! I will definitely be buying these! ! Thank you!!
    ...i REALLY need to buy a breastfeeding book. I literally know nothing about breastfeeding. It's funny, all my life  Ithought it was one of those things that just happened: kid cries,take out boob, feed kid. I had no clue how much more involved it was until I got pregnant.
  • Options
    I have always had a tougher time nursing I usually only make it a month or so. This is my last shot so I'm looking into anything that will help set me up for success.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @Nuclearcupcake‌ did you have a hard time from pain? I posted this on another thread but if so try earth mama angel baby nipple butter. I put it on after my shower throughout my pregancy and used it after I fed my daughter and never had any pain. I swear by it.
  • Options
    schnookee said:

@Nuclearcupcake‌ did you have a hard time from pain? I posted this on another thread but if so try earth mama angel baby nipple butter. I put it on after my shower throughout my pregancy and used it after I fed my daughter and never had any pain. I swear by it.

With my first, he was in the NICU for a week, and had reflux and thrush very bad and had all sorts of issues that made nursing extremely painful and overwhelming. I lived far from all family and had no friends and hub worked long hours. With my second hubs was deployed and I had supply issues and was trying to chase a toddler and I gave in and went to formula after a month. This time, DH is home, I have a better support system and I'm going to try and give it my absolute all to last longer than a month.
    Soon to be mommy of 3!
    DD Isabella due 8/2/2014

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"