Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Should I start stage 2?

Hello,

My son will be 6 mo in a week and gets both formula & solids (every day but monitored since he's a bit prone to constipation). He seems like he's always hungry so I was wondering if I should start the stage 2 formula? Does anybody have experience with it? I'm just afraid it will make him fat lol

Re: Should I start stage 2?

• What has your doctor said about lo's weight that makes you concerned a new formula will make him "fat."

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Are you talking about a toddler formula like Enfagrow?  If so, no, do not change him.  That formula is meant for children who are getting a very well rounded and substantial solids diet but still need a little boost.  It is less nutritionally beneficial than an infant formula.  If he's always hungry, increase the number of ounces he gets and ramp up his solids intake.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Loading the player...
  • How many ounces he getting in a 24 hour period? Maybe it's time to adjust that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • DS is on formula and solids and had his 6 month checkup 2 weeks ago. The information the doctor gave me on feeding states that he should be switched to step 2 formula around 7 months. We use enfamil infant formula and if/when we switch it will be to the next step of the same thing which is called enfapro. Hope this helps!! Oh and you shouldn't worry about your baby 'getting fat' he needs the nutrients to grow and develop, especially since he is becoming more and more active at this age.
  • I don't really understand what you mean by stage 2 formula....
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Taken from the Enfamil website:

What is the difference between Enfapro A+ and Enfamil A+®?

Enfamil A+ and Enfapro A+ both contain DHA and ARA (sources of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fats) that support normal brain and eye development. 

Enfamil A+ is a routine starter infant formula for healthy term babies 0-12 months of age.  Enfamil A+ is our closest formula to breast milk.  

Enfapro A+ infant formula is specially designed for babies 6-18 months of age.  Enfapro A+ is a follow up formula with more calcium than Enfamil A+ and a protein blend that helps support your older baby's transition from breast milk or starter formula to cow's milk. 

• Stage 2 formulas are very new. I haven't even seen them in stores yet. I'd ask your pedi, but most stage 1 formulas are for birth to 12 months. So you shouldn't need to move to stage 2.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you talking about going from something like Enfamil Newborn to Enfamil Infant? If so then yes, you can change formulas.

I wouldn't worry about making your baby fat. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"