November 2013 Moms
Options

Poll: Onesie Usage

VegasGal1978VegasGal1978 member
edited April 2014 in November 2013 Moms
At Easter dinner I was scolded by my BFF for not having a onesie on B. It got me thinking, am I the only one who hardly ever uses onesies? Please make your selection.

Edit, since I was not really clear in why I was scolded. B was not wearing a onesie under her Easter dress.  Additionally, I guess my poll was more to find out who puts onesies under other garments.  B wears them with pants, but I hardly ever put one on with a sleep and play.

I think my first attempt at a poll was a fail. Sorry :|
Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.

Poll: Onesie Usage 116 votes

Always!
36% 42 votes
Sometimes.
38% 45 votes
Never!
20% 24 votes
SS (explain yourself)
4% 5 votes

Re: Poll: Onesie Usage

• Options
    Everyday wear, always. I like to keep his tummy covered and shirts tend to ride up.
  • Options
    I layer everyday. Plain white onesie (short sleeved) under his outfit. As it gets warmer I'll stop, but that's what we've done since he was born.
    Mr. & Mrs. B, Est. 10.23.2009
    m/c: 9/06/12
    LTB: 10/23/13
    Baby B 2.0 EDD: 3/15/16

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She sometimes wears them under clothing, but sometimes she just wears a onesie and nothing else...besides a diaper.

• Options
    I layer everyday. Plain white onesie (short sleeved) under his outfit. As it gets warmer I'll stop, but that's what we've done since he was born.
    This. S/S white onesie OR a long sleeved onesie with a short sleeve shirt or onesie over it (I dig that look). Once it's consistently over 75* here I'll stop.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • Options
    LizB8943 said:
    By not having a onesie on, was she naked/diaper only? Or just wearing a dress, shirt/bottoms, etc. 

Special snowflake here...I prefer onesies to regular shirts, since they stay neat and don't ride up like a shirt would. I always put some sort of bottom on, though (either pants or shorts depending on the weather). 

When B was a newborn, we used a lot of the basic long-sleeved white onesies for layering under certain outfits. It was freezing here so I liked the extra layer. But now that it's warmed up, we've ditched them for the most part...I haven't bought any in his current (9 mo.) size. 
    Me too about the shirts riding up. I even buy the onesie bottomed button down shirts that he wore for his dedication and Easter. I hate when you can see their tummies and the shirt looks all messy.
  • Options
    trtlcrzy said:

I generally make an Outfit out of a onesie and pants. I didn't however put a onesie on under her Easter dress. If it's chilly I will put one on under a shirt so her tummy doesn't get exposed.

This exactly.

• Options
    JoeLies said:

This. S/S white onesie OR a long sleeved onesie with a short sleeve shirt or onesie over it (I dig that look). Once it's consistently over 75* here I'll stop.

This is the one reason I dread warmer weather.  C looks so cute in cargos and a long sleeved white onesie with a t-shirt or polo over it.

There's a 2-in1 kind of onesie/shirt.
    It's basically a short sleeved onesie with sewn on sleeves and..I link it, easier that way ^^'
    https://www.carters.com/carters-baby-boy-tops/V_221A089.html?dwvar_V__221A089_color=Stripe#cgid=carters-baby-boy-bodysuits&startRow=12&start=9

• Options
    In California it's not cold enough to layer so when she wears a onesie it's part of that outfit. That being said, I still prefer onesies to t-shirts because I'm constantly adjusting and pulling the t-shirt over her Buddha belly. We recently stopped using the footed Jammie's and just have her in a onesie most nights.
  • Options
    I'm in SoCal so most days we are in a tshirt and diaper. Some days just a onsie. I also have a sweaty little dude who will fuss like crazy when he gets hot. I swear this kid will run around naked when he gets older
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Onesie or diaper only. At least it's a cloth diaper. Lack of clothing only because we're in AZ and it was almost 100 today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    B wears nice onesies with pants as an outfit (by nice I mean patterned or something so it's her top for the day) and we still do a plain white onesie underneath her fuzzy sleep sack because nights are still cool here and we keep the house at 68.
    If she's wearing any other outfit then I would not put a onsie on under it!
  • Options
    JodiAnn25 said:
    Josie always wears one under her outfits. Actually, just last week I picked up some sleeveless and tank style ones at the Carter's outlet.
    Same here (love that they have sleeveless now, they didnt when my 5 y/o was a baby, I use to cut the sleeves).  Both my girls have always worn a white onesie under their clothes (my older one always wears a white camisole now) This was a habit handed down to me from my mother and I've always stuck to it.  
    It is especially nice now with all the drooling.  The wet top layer is not sitting against her neck/chest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It depends on the outfit and how lazy I'm feeling.  She didn't wear one under her easter dress.

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• Options
    Under other clothes, maybe once when it was very cold, but other than that, never! We're experts at layering here in the SF bay area :-) , and we always layer on top of clothes not under. I suppose you could layer under if you intended to be outside for a long time and wanted a cute dress to show rather than a jacket.
  • Options
    L pretty much always wears one. It will be her shirt for the day or layered underneath something. She runs a little on the cooler side (like her mama) during the day so I have had plain white short-sleeved and long-sleeved onesies in every size so far. We live in the NW (Eastern WA) and today it is 50* and rainy, so long sleeves it is. We will see what we do come summer.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LO wears a onsie under everything! I will most likely stop this when the weather continually is warm
  • Options
    My MIL bought us a ton of white onesies and told me to use them under all of C's outfits. I think I used one under his Thanksgiving outfit and never used one again. I hated putting them on, and he gets hot so easily I didn't think he needed the extra layer.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I always have one under in pajamas then under his outfits during the day unless the outfit is a onesie.  I bought the sleeveless white onesies for summer yesterday!  I think they are a great poop barrier as well for the occasional blowout ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Florida native here so it's rather warm. No undershirt onesie. Lately I don't care for regular onesies with shorts or pants so I've been buying regular shirts and I prefer that look on him. Pajamas have been the hardest thing to find for him- I'm looking for 2 piece footless but the baby brands only start carrying those at 12 months. A footed onesie is just too hot for him- he sweats at night. I bought the gerber light cotton pants and white t- shirts for his pajama sets. It works for now...
  • Options
    A onesie cane be an outfit on its own. I never use it for layering as were in a warm climate also.

BabyGaga

• Options
    Thanks everyone! We use onesies as B's shirt but we rarely put it under anything else. Sometimes if her shirt has embroidery that I think will bother her skin, I will throw one underneath but generally no. Glad to see I am not alone.
    Can't figure out the signature thing, so here's the short, short version.....first daughter born on November 10, 2013. She was conceived through the magic of IVF after 2+ years of TTC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"