Pregnant after IF

Question on what PIO & estradiol can mask...

Hi ladies,

First want to say I'm not totally freaking out or anything but it's on my mind. Does anyone know if by being on PIO & estradiol it can mask/hide a miscarriage? As in result in no bleeding that could be expected in many miscarriages without these drugs? I'm 9 weeks & 1 day. Reason I ask is that I have gestational diabetes, yes very very early I know, & my blood sugar numbers have been stupidly low/good the last couple of days. That would suggest that my hormone levels are dropping, the opposite what should be expected right now. The placenta should be kicking in more & more right now & that coupled with the IVF drugs I shouldn't be seeing a drop off but an increase if anything. Once I stop the IVF meds then a drop off will happen due to the reduced levels of hormones in my system.

I want to email my perinatologist about possibly blood work or ultrasound/heartbeat check to see what is going on but want to know if the IVF drugs could be hiding a miscarriage. Don't want to sound like a total crazy person when I reach out to her so just wondering if you ladies have any knowledge on the effects of the drugs in this manner.....

Thanks! :-)

Re: Question on what PIO & estradiol can mask...

• I have no advice, but I would be interested in finding out the answer to this also. Hang in there! I know that this is not easy.
    ******************** BFP Warning *******************

I'm 29 and DH is 32 we have a MFI (low count) 
    IVF #1 starting in August. ER 9/5/13 23 eggs we are fertilizing 15. 9 frozen
    ET 9/10 - transferred 1 perfect 5AA blast
    7dp5dt BFP ~~ Beta on 9/19 - 77.4 Beta #2 on 9/21 - 357
    Low heartbeat on 10/7 86, lower heartbeat on 10/11 76, no heartbeat 10/14/13. D&C 10/15/13
    Tests revealed MTHFR c677t mutation, put on Folgard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #1 1/6/14 - 4BB blast - BFN
    FET #2 - 3/3/14 - 5AB Blast -- Beta #1 3/12 - 152 -- Beta #2 3/14 - 358
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FET #3 06/09/16 - 5AB Blast - Beta #1 6/18- 245 -- Beta #2 06/20 - 600
     PAIF/SAIF/PAL/SAL welcome!

• Take a home pregnancy test? That should give you an idea of hormone levels.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was wondering the same thing. When I mentioned it to my RE, he said yeah the hormonal support could mask. But then the subject changed and I didn't want to stay in the negative so I didn't ask follow up /clarifying questions. However I thinks it a lot more likely that u watching your carb intake/whatever treatment you are on is working and keeping your BG under control. Which would be a good thing. Hang in there... hopefully your Dr gets back to u soon.

• Thanks ladies! I think a pregnancy test would still show positive as at 9 weeks there would be so much HCG that it would still show up even  if things weren't going well. Takes some time to go back to zero, even months. Pregnancy tests can be weird, I was still getting negative ones the morning of & day after my positive beta (granted it was a very low number, 21). It's not cause of diet control as GD is a very different thing than diabetes. Once you have your numbers controlled with GD it never will actually get better like it does with diabetes. It will just inevitably get gradually progressively worse over the length of the pregnancy as hormones increase and that's by sticking with exactly the same foods that would keep blood sugars controlled at lower pregnancy hormone levels. I called the perinatologist office this morning to see about coming in for a check. Hope they don't think I am crazy. My logic brain is telling me that the low number are just due to some days my body produces less pregnancy hormones than others but my IF brain is telling me these numbers are not normal and there is a problem. Funny thing is that my blood sugars have made the pregnancy less stressful than last time as by checking blood sugars it's like doing your own hormone checks 4 times a day so it's very reassuring. Last pregnancy I was an absolute basket case but a large part of that was due to SCH & twin loss. Anyhoo, Ill wait to see what the perinatologist's office say. Hope I don't come across as a crazy IF person for freaking out about the glucose numbers indicating hormone drops. Sigh. Thanks again ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"