July 2012 Moms

Skin biopsy?

Has anyone had a skin biopsy done? Did it hurt or was it bothersome after?

Emma will be having one done tomorrow :(  She's had a persistent neck rash and while it goes away with hydrocortisone creams, it comes back when we stop using it.  Fungal and bacterial cultures were negative. Only way to get a diagnosis is to do a skin biopsy. I'm panicking just thinking about it, but we're just ready to find out what's causing it.  Ugh I feel so bad for her.  The area will be numbed but I'm worried it will hurt afterwards. It will only be about 4mm but she will need a stitch.

:(:(

Re: Skin biopsy?

• I've never had one done but wanted to wish her luck and speedy recovery! Hope this gets to the bottom of the problem.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Good luck, Emma
    "Parenting is a constant struggle between making your kid's live better and ruining your own." Willie Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty'
    Anniversary IMAG1763 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies, that makes me feel better! She's getting the area numbed with cream an hour before the shot so hopefully she won't even feel that.
  • I have had a lot of them done and even one behind my ear in a "tender" spot like I can imagine the neck will be and it was tender for a day or so but with some Tylenol it was fine :)

Hoping you guys get answers fast!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"