Babies: 3 - 6 Months

No bowel movement

Hi all,

My daughter is 16 weeks and I have noticed that she has not pooped in 3 days. She is exclusively breast fed. I have read that this can happen bc of growth but I just need a little reassurance since my mil says I should call her doctor bc it isn't normal! Any feedback would be appreciated!

Re: No bowel movement

• The longest mine went without a BM is 12. Your okay. BF babies can go longer without having a BM
  • My LO often goes 3-5 days. Doctor says as long as there is no fever or signs of distress then no worries!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine is 13 weeks and lately has been going at least 3, sometimes 4 days without pooping. But they're bigger!
  • So normal. Mine is partially formula fed and still went three days. I am assuming your MIL formula fed because three days for an exclusively FF baby would be pretty long

• I just asked my pedi on the 14th about this. My LO is 5 months and EBF and was going 3-4 days without a dirty diaper. Dr. said it is normal for BF babies to go up to a week without one bc breastmilk is so nutritional that they are using it all up for their bodies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"