One & Done: Only child
Options

Good in-law post

Hey ladies! I just had to say that this past week has been a whirlwind but great none the less. The in-laws came to town last Sunday and left this morning. (Fortunately they stayed in a hotel nearby). They were great! They watched out DS the whole week while his preschool had spring break (while the two of us schlepped off to work). They were so calm and just loved spending time with him and building a relationship with the little guy. In-laws live 12 hrs. away so to us this was a big deal. At the end of the week they were able to attend DS's birthday party. I've had some disagreements with DH's parents but overall I'm super lucky to have them as part of our family. It could be WAY different and I appreciate what great support they've been. I do have to say that they used 1 huge roll of paper towels every two days. Not sure what was up with that but they are free to use as many rolls of Bounty as they wish. LOL.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Good in-law post

• Options
    When my mom visits its too many diapers not paper towels.
  • Options
    That's great! My ILs can get on my nerves sometimes but when they come to visit overall it's great. They've watched him for a few days during the week several times and they take good care of DS, FIL cleans up outside, and MIL cooks and cleans. It's a nice break! Glad up had a good visit.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad to hear some other have had some positive IL experiences too :) In 2 or so years they'll be retiring and moving closer - about 4 or 5 hrs. drive. Sounds perfect. Close, but not too close.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can tolerate mine once a week because I used my mil sewing machines to make stuff for my home haha
  • Options
    I love my ILs as well. I know this will turn into a brag but they're so great. My MIL watched DS today and she came to our house instead of me dropping him off. She cooked delicious dinner and gave DS a bath. She will be watching him Wednesday and Thursday and told me not to worry about dinner, she will be making it. It's a nice break!!!

our one and only *

DS - 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"