January 2013 Moms
Options

@brendamndz

OK I have a question about your weaning.  :) When did you quit pumping at work and do you think that made a difference in DD weaning?  I dropped to one pump session two weeks ago and am quitting the pump tonight.  I barely make anything now and let down takes forever now.  She often gets frustrated but if I stop early she gets upset so so far I have kept at it.  Currently we just nurse before nap, before bed and since she has been sick I have been nursing once at night to help soothe her back to sleep.  Did you keep offering and just stop when she stopped, or did you just one day not offer and just plunk her in her crib?  We have had such a good relationship with nursing that I want this process to go as smoothly as possible but I just don't know how to make that transition. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: @brendamndz

• Options
    @spainy and @brendamndz

I hope you don't mind if I chime in. Tonight was our last nursing session. It feels so bittersweet!

We eliminated a session a week. DS responded well to me reducing each nursing session by a minute each day. 

I have to say that cabbage leaves helped a lot with the breast I stopped using a few weeks ago. Put them in the fridge and let them get cold before you use them. I wore mine in the sports bra.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"