Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Eight month old refusing sleep

The baby is suddenly refusing naps and sleeping. He used to love being rocked, cradled, and sung to sleep, but now he grunts and twists and kicks with ninja strength. When he finally does go down, he'll stay asleep all night (or take a two hour nap). Just now we've left him in his crib and he's happily talking to himself and rolling and kicking all over the place, happy as a clam. This time last week he'd be out like a light and would have been thrilled to have me or DH sing him down. 

He's never been able to put himself to sleep from being wide awake; he can put himself *back* to sleep if he's awakened in the middle of the night.
Married the love of my life June 26, 2011
BFP December 1, 2012
Confirmed at the doctor December 3, 2012
Due August 7, 2013
DS born August 10, 2013

Re: Eight month old refusing sleep

• No advice but support. DS did the same thing for about 1.5-2 weeks around 8.5 monthes...

Thankfully he's now back to normal. You might want to google 9 month sleep regression.
  • Maybe he's entering the 9 month sleep regression?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sleep regression sounds like it came to call early. You have all my sorries. All you can do is wait it out.

Odds are there is a mental, emotional or physical leap on the way. DS did this befor he rolled, then before he crawled. Now he is pulling up on everything in sight. I fully expect another couple "fun" weeks of little sleep when he goes for the gold with walking.

Hang in there. It does get better.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Thanks to all. He is definitely moving and shaking. Every time he gets on the changing table he magically flips in a microsecond to be on his hands and knees (instead of on his back). He is babbling up a storm talking his beautiful baby talk, and is about to crawl any second. Poor kid is miserable trying to go down. DH put him to bed last night and it took him 45 minutes, finally asleep at 7:30. Baby woke around 3:30 sobbing and we waited 10 minutes for him to calm down and he finally put himself back to sleep, waking around 6:15. I am certain he is on the edge of another developmental milestone. Babyproofing, here we come!

Valerie
    Married the love of my life June 26, 2011
    BFP December 1, 2012
    Confirmed at the doctor December 3, 2012
    Due August 7, 2013
    DS born August 10, 2013
  • luvmygirlssluvmygirlss member
    edited July 2014
    SPAM

edited by mod
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board