Natural Birth
Options

Would you call this a natural birth?

Hi ladies! I recently had my second little boy. My water leaked & after no contractions for 29 hours I was put on pitocin & iv fluids. I had continuous monitoring bc of that. But other than that, no other interventions were needed, and I accidentally pulled my iv out during transition so I pushed without pitocin. Would you consider a pitocin induction, no pain meds birth a natural birth?
BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you call this a natural birth?

• Options
    I would. Having pitocin to start labor sounds like it was needed in your case but you made it through with no pain medication and to me that is a natural labor. Pitocin contractions can be tough so you are one strong woman! Congrats.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would as well. I've heard pitocin contractions are no joke so way to go! I went my entire labor with 2 hours of pushing and my water was intact. My CNM said the baby was in position (he was OP so it took 2 hours to turn him while pushing) and that if she broke my water he should come out. He came out 2 pushes later. Even though it was technically an intervention I without a doubt had a natural birth!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I would too. Congrats on your baby boy!

• Options
    absolutely. congrats on doing it med free even with pit contrax. thats awesome

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yes...why? Did someone tell you it wasn't?
    BabyFruit Ticker    image

F15 December Siggy Challenge:
    Holiday Decorations Fail
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I was just telling people I went all natural then wondered if having a pitocin induction was actually
    considered all natural by others. Sounds like going without pain meds is what qualifies as "natural"to most people. Yay! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Hi ladies! I recently had my second little boy. My water leaked & after no contractions for 29 hours I was put on pitocin & iv fluids. I had continuous monitoring bc of that. But other than that, no other interventions were needed, and I accidentally pulled my iv out during transition so I pushed without pitocin. Would you consider a pitocin induction, no pain meds birth a natural birth?
    FWIW, you were not induced. Your water broke on its own and pitocin was used to augment labor. There's a difference.

That said, I'd not only call that med-free (I dislike the term "natural"), I'd call you a rock star. I was in a very similar situation and pit + OP baby + continual monitoring + IV is a witch's brew of no fun so rock on with your bragging rights, dude. :)
    Six years of infertility and loss, four IUIs, one IVF and one very awesome little boy born via med-free birth 10.24.13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"