2nd Trimester
Options

Should I worry

Last night I had a rather carbo dinner. Pasta, a soda, and dinner rolls. When I got home my stomach was so tight and bloated that I could not get comfortable. Then, I began to get severe cramping and started throwing up. I always get nervous when there is cramping, but this was not your typical "growth" pains. It was so severe that I was curled into a ball. There was no bleeding associated with the cramping and this morning I have some left over discomfort, like if I had worked out and my muscles are sore, but overall I'm fine. We saw baby on Tuesday and heard the healthy heartbeat. Could this be a late miscarry or just a bad night?

Re: Should I worry

• Options
    Id call your doctor maybe.  However to me it doesnt sound baby related, especially the throwing up.  It seems stomach related, maybe a virus or a slight bout of food posioning. 
    DH and I Married 11.12.10
    First BPP 1.24.14
    EDD 9.26.14

Baby Cooper John born on 9.24.14 6lbs9oz

• Options
    Yeah. Everything I read about late miscarriage says labor like pain but how should I know that? I've never been pregnant lol. But the pain was very very intense. Like on a scale to 10 it was a 8/9. I'll give my doctor a call later today... Good luck to me since it's Easter.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Around our area there's a nasty stomach bug going around and it seems everyone gets it and thinks its food related because of how close in time it was to a meal. My son is currently on day 3 of it. Make sure you stay hydrated and monitor for fevers.
  • Options
    There's also a very nasty stomach bug going around in my are. If you do have the stomach flu it would make sense that you are cramping and throwing up. Whenever I get sick I have cramping. I'm sure you have nothing to be worried about. Drink lots of fluids. Call your doctor just to get some reassurance. 
  • Options
    I'd call your doctor to give yourself some advice, but I have a similar feeling when I eat a large meal. I have found that I need to eat half of what I used to, or I become so "full" that I get sick and have to throw up to feel any relief. It's almost like my stomach couldn't digest it all. Hope you feel better, stay hydrated!!
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    That's what I think too. I think that with the expanding uterus there's even less room available so while eating pasta portions have always given me trouble, it's intensified now because there's even less room in my belly now. I feel much better this morning and even just ate some cereal.
  • Options
    The cramping was so terrible. That is why I thought it could be a miscarriage. It wasn't the vomiting it was the terrible terrible cramping. It's my first pregnancy and I had never felt a pain like that before.
  • Options
    I called the on call nurse today and she thinks that since nothing persisted, and no bleeding, it was most likely food poisoning... Which is super fun lol
  • Options
    I'm still a little tender today but I think that's due to all the cramping and vomiting.
  • Options
    Yes very hard vomiting will make you feel sore.  I got a bad case of food poisoning once and the cramps were so horrible I kept waiting for the baby alien to burst out of me.  Im glad you're feeling a little better. 
  • Options
    It really was like alien.. Just waiting for it to rip out of my stomach lol
  • Options
    There is a stomach bug that has severe stomach cramping that can linger for days.  Don't be surprised if you have more cramping when you eat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stomach (literal stomach, not abdomen) cramping isn't the same as uterine cramping.  Your stomach was cramping because you needed to hork :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    It was literally everything in my abdomen. Stomach, bladder, uterus. It seems to be over now, I have some bladder tenderness still but I'm chalking that up to soreness from all the cramping. 
  • Options
    I had this stomach bug luckily it was day of my OB appointment and she gave me Zofran, it killed the nausea and cramping so i could eat finally and keep fluid in. I cramped as well and a warm bath helped it.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    IAmPregnant Tickerimage
    Still learning English! Sometimes I don't know what things are named...  :)
  • Options
    Maybe you ate too much. I've had this happen. Agreed with the other ladies in saying there would likely be bleeding with the cramping if you were miscarrying. I'm sure you already have but you can check with your dr just in case.

• Options
    Yeah, had the cramping continued I was going to be very worried but I finally fell asleep that night and when I woke up my muscles were sore as hell but no more cramping, and now nothing is sore any more either! Just waiting for my first "flutter" from baby boy!
  • Options

You ate too much or had a bit of food poisoning or a stomach bug.

Why in the world would you think that stomach symptoms mean a miscarriage?

This. I tell you, a second trimester miscarriage is nothing like a bout of food poisoning like you describe. Please stop being offensive.

If you think there is a real problem call your doctor, but odds are they will look at you like you are insane if you go rambling about vomiting/cramps as a potential miscarriage.

Really, you are looking for reasons to arm-flail. Stop it.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm looking for reasons to arm flail?! Because I'm pretty sure I've clarified everything and that I'm feeling better. As this is my pregnancy I would know what a miscarriage feels like. The cramps were not only in my stomach they felt as though they were in my uterus and back and all over. They were so terrible and I'm sorry that you don't know what I felt but I'm telling you it was some of the worst pain I've ever felt. I look to this board for support not to be told that I'm ridiculous. I see this on these boards all of the time, people who are pregnant with their first are allowed fears whether they sound crazy or not. Clearly we are not experts since it is our first time. And no my doctor did not act like i was crazy. All paperwork I've been given has told me that if I have any cramps that are severe I need to speak with someone immediately which is what I did. In fact she called me to follow up a few days later.
  • Options
    Sometimes when someone is acting ridiculous then they need to be told. I promise you that a 2nd tri miscarriage would be different & I just think you were being overly anxious over a bout of food poisoning.

That said, I'm glad it was not a miscarriage & you followed up with your doctor. I support you consulting your doctor. Asking us if you are miscarrying is ridiculous because we can't know.

I get it. Pregnancy is scary & this episode was frightening. I'm not minimizing that. Simply that you need to relax.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    Sounds like you just ate too much of one thing. Plus being pregnant doesn't help. A combination of all that could be what caused it. If you're feeling better today I wouldn't worry. Just talk to your doctor about at your next visit. Could be a food allergy

It's a BOY

• Options
    Looking for guidance and people who may have knowledge is not ridiculous, if you thought I was then maybe don't respond at all. Or possibly go through and read all of my follow ups to notice that I soon realized since there wasn't any bleeding that wasn't what it was. No one but me knows what the pain was like last Saturday and hearing only that miscarrying can be terrible cramping and very severe scares people who have never been pregnant. Not to mention I didn't think it was necessarily good at the time that was causing the vomiting, I thought it was from being in so much pain that I was throwing up. I just don't think it's very respectful, or helpful, to tell someone they are looking for reasons to over react. I don't think it's an over reaction if you have no idea what to expect. Stick to the "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all."
  • Options

Looking for guidance and people who may have knowledge is not ridiculous, if you thought I was then maybe don't respond at all.

Except that is not how a message board works. I can post my observations any way & anywhere I like as long as I don't violate TOS. You were asking people if you were miscarrying. That is a question none of us could answer no matter how nicely we wanted to. Does that not sound ridiculous to you?

I just don't think it's very respectful, or helpful, to tell someone they are looking for reasons to over react. I don't think it's an over reaction if you have no idea what to expect. Stick to the "if you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all."

Again, you are still over-.reacting here & fail to see it. You are looking for reasons to over react. Evidence is your response to me right this minute. You had no bleeding & stomach (read: not uterine) cramps. I understand that you've never experienced labor, but it is one of those things that asking a message board about is pointless.

Stop & ask yourself a question: what if someone had said, "yes, it sounds like you are having a miscarriage! Go to the ER!". Would you have freaked all the more & been in a bad way? Yes. Then when you got to the ER or OB they would have diagnosed you, might have given you IV fluids & sent you home.

You are right, you don't know what to expect. However, rather than act with your rational brain you jumped to the "omg I must be having a miscarriage" assumption right away. That is an over reaction to simple cramps & vomiting after you ate.

You are still arm-flailing & acting like a butthurt when I state the obvious. Not every bout of extreme sickness during pregnancy = miscarriage.

I had norovirus during my pg with DS. At no point did I question if I was experiencing a loss. I knew I had a stomach bug & I CTFD.

I'm not faulting you for being concerned & asking your doctor about your situation. I am faulting you for being a drama queen & assuming you were miscarrying.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

• Options
    I agree with @PrimRoseMama‌. Sometimes being told you're being ridiculous = support.

I'm glad you're feeling better now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"