March 2014 Moms
Options

The new newborn questions thread for the end of the monthers - but everyone come share your advice!

12346»

Re: The new newborn questions thread for the end of the monthers - but everyone come share your advice!

• Options
    Usually with diarrhea there is a 'stain' in the diaper around the poop. It looks like darker than normal pee kind of behind the poop. Not sure if that makes sense. If you are worried, call.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @bennieangel How old is LO? Around 6-8 weeks my pediatrician said that he will start consolidating poops. What he didn't say is that this translates to fewer but massive poops. We've had quite a few blowouts in the past two weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a pool question too. What should a baby boy wear in addition to a swim diaper? I hadn't thought about this until now.
  • Options
    @bjd316 I plan to take her in the pool but haven't looked for a floaty yet. Probably at first I'll just hold her anyways. I don't think she'll be ready for a floaty for another month or so. One of my friends said they found one at the grocery in the seasonal section last year! Toys r us has some online, but I haven't gone to look at them.
  • Options
    I'm glad this thread is revived! I feel like all my LOs stools are liquid so hopefully it is normal!
    Are the grunters and snorters still grunting and snorting in their sleep?
    Does anyone else's LO sometimes avoid eye contact or avoid looking at you?

• Options

@Sanibel21‌

Yes my grunted is still grunting...I actually think its getting louder & harder to ignore.

Avoiding eye contact could be a sleep cue. Pay attention to when it's happening & see if LO is tired / over stimulated.

I did not know that! That's kinda sad but in a cute way! I'll take that over the million other scary reasons I thought up for it.

• Options
    @kaking78‌ I just bought a long sleeve rash guard at target he might also wear boy swim shorts. And definitely a bug floppy baby hat. I'm worried about sunscreen before 6 months, so I'm just going to do everything I can to keep him covered!
    imageimage
  • Options
    vacsx2vacsx2 member
    For those if u taking babies in the pool, one step ahead has this baby carrier designed for the water.

https://www.onestepahead.com/mobile/Seasonal/Gear/4-in-1-Land-and-Water-Baby-Carrier.pro?omSource=SLI
  • Options
    bjd316 said:

Mind if I bring this thread back?

I have what is probably a dumb question. I know swaddling has been brought up a lot and that when they begin to roll, you should stop. Does this include if you swaddle with arms out?

I don't know the answer to this but I'm glad to see thread alive!! I still feel like I'm muddling through and every change LO makes throws me for a loop.

• Options
    When/how should the swaddle transition be made? Are y'all still rocking LO to sleep and using swing? Or putting down drowsy but awake still in the crib?

• Options
    bjd316 said:

Mind if I bring this thread back?

I have what is probably a dumb question. I know swaddling has been brought up a lot and that when they begin to roll, you should stop. Does this include if you swaddle with arms out?

Good question! We've always swaddled arms out and J will probably roll any day now.
  • Options
    Everyone's opinion on sunscreen is different. My mom came home from a midwife convention saying that the dermatologist declared that you should absolutely put sunscreen on your infant if it's going to be in the sun.

But it's your baby, and your judgement call. I'll probably wait until we're at the lake to use it on her. Which could be next weekend, or the end of July. I'm not too worried about sensitive skin or growing an 11th toe. ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Lucie's List sent out this email about baby sunscreens recently. There's some good information in it.

• Options
    Remind me to have a baby in the winter next time lol

imageimage

• Options
    Re: sunblock/screen I feel fine with the ones that have Zinc oxide as the only active ingredient but I avoid all the others.

Zinc is what's in diaper rash cream so I don't see how it could be so harmful on the arms while being good on the bottom.

@Sanibel21‌ he goes down awake but drowsy. N
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"