September 2013 Moms
Options

Taking a bath. Relaxing or not?

As a new mom I am being told, by people and parent oriented magazines, that I should take time for myself and take a bath to relax. Well, today I made a nice bath and soaked in epson salts and turned on the tub's jets. The whole time I just kept thinking of everything I could be doing instead. Not at all relaxing. Oh and I always have to take a shower before a bath so I don't feel like I am soaking in my own filth. Am I alone in any of this ? 

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Taking a bath. Relaxing or not?

• Options
    Not a bath fan here either. Although I will say, they were so great when I was pregnant and sore all the time.
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    I love baths. Love them. Lately, though, a long hot shower is better bc then I can't hear if lo is fussing (while w/his dad).
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not a bath fan. I can't bring myself to sit in my dirty water. Not that it is really that dirty. The few times I have taken a bath, I always shower after.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love baths!! But then things like house chores are very low on my priority list so if I have DH watch lo I happily soak in a tub with a glass of wine and trashy magazine!
  • Options
    I love baths! I take my bath after LO is asleep, and it helps me relax :) Sometimes I read a book or just play on my phone.

• Options
    Love a bath with a glass of wine, but I get so hot, they only last about 10 minutes. I take my baths only after my "chores" are done for the day so I can really relax.
  • Options
    I LOVE baths! I haven't had one since I was pregnant, but your post makes me want to pencil one in sometime soon! I agree with PP- the best way to actually relax in the bath is with wine and candles...let that to-do list fall away.
  • Options
    I'm the same way. I haven't actually taken a bath since DD was born, but I did love them before then. However, once she goes to bed, I have a million things to do so a bath is the last thing on my mind.
  • Options
    I love baths too. They have always been my best me time. Unfortunately DS has thing against me time for mommies so... No baths right now :(
  • Options
    I can't stand baths. It's just a place for me to sit and think about what I could be doing. At least when I am watching tv I can tune out my "to do" list.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    I read in the tub, and even play on my phone. I stay in the tub usually 30-45 minutes. Sometimes DH takes care of LO and I get in the tub. Sometimes I take LO into the tub with me. I put him between my calves and he splashes while I just chill and watch him. Doing that has also helped with days when he is super fussy because he loves baths and I don't have to just hang over the side of the tub while he plays.

In conclusion, I absolutely LOVE taking baths.
    fittest mom photo FITTEST-MOM_zps2351b4e2.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"