December 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Let's hear them!
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My FFFC: I don't follow politics and really don't even care about them. I know as a working 27year old mom I should care more, but I don't. I couldn't even tell you anything that's currently going on with our government.

No flames from me, I agree 100%. Dh and I were in DC all week and we agreed that we love the city (his company's exec offices are located there so he has to travel there at least twice a month) but I had to burst his bubble about moving there because I know I couldn't take the constant in your face politics. Sorry dh, keep traveling.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I just gotta ask--what does FFFC stand for?

TTC since April 2011. DH Dx MFI in February 2012. BFP #1: 7.16.12. MMC dx: 8.22.12, D&C 8.28.12, TTC Again November 2012. DH Varicocele repair November 2012; Repeat SA showed "dramatic" improvement February 2013 (awesome!)
    BFP #2: 3.26.13, EDC: 12.7.13. Anya born December 9th, 2013!
  • Options

I just gotta ask--what does FFFC stand for?

Flame free Friday confessions(that will get flamed.)
  • Options

The kids' school is closed today. DH and I were going to split the day off, but he decided to take the whole day instead so I came to work.

I'm still thinking about taking a half day to shop, see a movie and have me time...and I'm not telling DH.

My husband watches LO on Tuesdays so I got my nails done after work without telling him.  I just said I would be home from work by 6 but left early so I could get a manicure.  He wouldn't have cared but I'm still struggling with finding "me" time and not feeling guilty (and to make it worse, she was throwing an absolute FIT when I got home so he was ready for me to be home earlier...oops). 

• Options
    My FFFC: I miss my ex a lot. He wants to come visit but i dont know if I can handle seeing him. I know I have to for LOs sake but JEEZE, it's gonna be rough. (Also everytime I say the word rough I think of NKOTB)
  • Options
    FFFC: I know more about American and British politics than my own. They are much more dynamic, our political leader has the personality of a damp dish rag. Also my SO is obsessed with politics and the news, any and all so he keeps me up to date.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Also, I secretly dislike anyone who doesn't text with emojis, including my bestfriend who has them but doesn't use them. They're so fun!!
  • Options
    Cashingn2 said:
    Also, I secretly dislike anyone who doesn't text with emojis, including my bestfriend who has them but doesn't use them. They're so fun!!
    Weird.
    Very.  Must be an age thing.

• Options
    I am not a fan of Kelly Clarkson, and I'm REALLY not a fan of her new(ish) song. I can't remember the name of it, but it's country.

• Options
    jy725jy725 member
    MrsP821 said:

I kissed two brothers on the same night at a party in college.

Scandalous!
    Seriously. Hahaha. That's all I've got!

• Options

DH took DD this morning on a 2 hour trip to MIL's for the day. Original plan was for me to take off work early and pick her up from DC on my way out of town.  My FFFC is that I wanted to be the one to take her because I get jealous of MIL getting to spend all day with her while I'm stuck at work. She always sends me texts like "haha, look who I have" or "K likes nana more than mommy". Irrational I know but if I can't spend the day with her, I don't want anyone else to either!

If anyone ever said that to me I would flip out on them. Not irrational at all IMO.
    Seriously...I'm getting pissed off FOR you.  Your husband needs to put a stop to that (or you if you feel comfortable enough with her). 

• Options

DH took DD this morning on a 2 hour trip to MIL's for the day. Original plan was for me to take off work early and pick her up from DC on my way out of town.  My FFFC is that I wanted to be the one to take her because I get jealous of MIL getting to spend all day with her while I'm stuck at work. She always sends me texts like "haha, look who I have" or "K likes nana more than mommy". Irrational I know but if I can't spend the day with her, I don't want anyone else to either!

Is she normally that overtly cruel? Does she say in a way that is meant to be "cute"? That just has nasty passive aggressiveness all over it.

I don't like it. Not one bit.

I assume that she stayed home with your H when he was young, because there's no way that a working mother would say that to another working mother. 

How fucking mean.

This!
    She's sound like a selfish bitch!

• Options
    jy725jy725 member
    edited April 2014
    @jenniferbromley I do this too. Do you burp him or just set him down? I don't burp Juliet if she is asleep and sometimes she does wake up. DH goes in when she fusses and she usually burps then. I don't want to wake her to burp but I also want her to stay asleep when I set her down.
  • Options
    My dad just called to say he is in town with my younger brother. I have not seen them in over a year and obviouslyt they want to meet K. My FFFC I really am not in the mood. I need to get to the doctor BC my incision is on fire and turning colors and I feel like crap. Also a surprise visitafter not hhearing from you since January is not cute
  • Options
    suzalie said:

I get irrationally annoyed when I receive email surveys for first-time moms or moms of infants and when I go to take them, as soon as I put in my age or the year I was born, I get a message saying I'm disqualified from the survey.  It happens every single time (probably about 5 or 6 times so far).  I know I'm "old" at 37 but does that make my experience as a new mom any less valid?  It really bugs me for some reason.

That's not okay with me either. If you look at the way things are going women are waiting to have children so I would think your experience would almost be more helpful than mine at 25 BC really most women are getting their lives more secure which I wish I did too.
  • Options
    @jyparker725‌ when I'm done nursing or giving the bottle and I stand up to put him in his crib he usually burps on his own. But if he doesn't I don't do it because I don't want to wake him up. Cameron has woken up a few times on his own when we put him down but he just stares around and falls to sleep.
  • Options

Spending the day with grandma: fine
    Sending those texts: hell. no.

Me: 31 | DH: 33

DS1: 12.23.13 | DS2: 05.06.16

BFP: 06.30.19 | EDD: 3.9.20

**TW**
    TTC3: 11.18
    BFP: 02.05.19
    CP: 03.07.19
    *really traumatic recovery*

• Options
    And I genuinely think of everyone (everyone who's been here from the early days anyway) here as family. Whether we like one another or not, we're all connected. And for a year now! FEELINGS!! :x
    FFFC: I reject the idea at this point that we are all "internet strangers."  Yes, of course most of us have never and will never meet.  And of course there's no way of knowing if someone (Herc) is a man or is any way how they seem to be online.  But those of us who follow the board "recognize" other regulars.  We know what to expect out of them and what's out of character.  We follow each other's drama, want updates, and get butthurt when a "friend" says something mean.

Doesn't sound like "strangers" to me.

Hugz to my interweb franz.
    Those otters just about melted me! SO cute! :) 
    Hugs back to you!!!!!!!!!! 
  • Options
    Yeah I had no problem telling MH a story the other day where I called SSM my friend instead of my "internet friend" or "one of the bump ladies"  

You can have real friendships with people you don't see day to day...or ever...if you ask me!
    I totally do that too when telling a story or talking about one of you IRL to DH or someone. I say "so my friend" they are never the wiser ;)
  • Options
    imrachelleaimrachellea member
    edited April 2014
    I am honestly pretty pissed at 3 friends who, at one point in time, were some of my best friends. While they all consider me to still be a close friend, none of them sent anything for LO. I know I'm not owed gifts and I'm nothing but grateful when people do chose to give her something, but when three of my closest friends did not send a card, a gift, or anything...? Or haven't made any mention of coming to visit to meet her (they are all well out if state thiug)? Yeah I take a little bit of offense. One of them hasn't even called me (or returned my calls) since before I found out I was pregnant! Yet she has gone on and on (on Facebook) about how I'm her oldest and best friend. Uh, right. We're all at different points in our lives (1 is single and living a crazy single girl life, 1 is going through a questionable seperation, and 1 is divorced with 2 kids dating a new guy) but still...where's the love?

D13 bumpies for life.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Oh jeez... I started a lovefest on a FFFC thread. I'm sorry!

Last time I did this I believe it was on a Monday Morning Bitchfest thread when most of y'all were complaining about still being pregnant and I was all farting rainbows and unicorns cause I already had my babe and life was, well... rainbows and unicorns haha ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"