October 2012 Moms
Options

Sad for a friend, but have a question? (Loss mentioned, not mine)

A few weeks ago I asked for some advice on what to get my friend who delivered her baby at 25 weeks after going into pre-term labor and they couldn’t stop it. She delivered her baby boy and he was sent to the NICU and had been doing amazing and getting stronger everyday! All of your suggestions were great and they loved their bag! Well, on Monday night I received a phone call from my friends cousin, letting me know that my friend’s baby had passed away after fighting for almost a month.  I am heart broken for her and her family. I can’t even imagine what they are going through and I have definitely been hugging my little man extra tight.

Now for my question…  I have always made a cross stitched birth records for all of my friends when they have a baby.  I started hers as soon as I heard that she had given birth.  This is the one I have done but instead of green I did it in three different shades of blue.

I am almost finished with it all I have left is to put the name and birth date on it and then have it framed. I don’t know if she knows I am making it or not as we never actually discussed it. My question for all the ladies of O12 is should I still finish it and give it to her or will it be too hard for her to have it. I keep thinking that if this was me I would make one for my son and hang it up. I asked another friend of mine and she told me I shouldn’t give it to her as it will be too difficult for her to have.  What do you guys think? My heart keeps telling me that I should finish and give it to her, but I would hate to give her anything that will upset her.

Re: Sad for a friend, but have a question? (Loss mentioned, not mine)

• Options
    Thanks Ladies! I'm going to finish it tonight and take it to be framed tomorrow so I can get it to her. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies for all your help.  I just feel so bad for my friend.  I have been emotional since I found out and yesterday when Wesley reached for me and asked to go up and gave me a kiss I lost it and was crying.

• Options
    I also say finish it and give it to her. My friend who lost her girl at 2.5 months always says that she doesn't want people to stop talking about her daughter. I think you've made something beautiful that commemorates the birth of her son!

• Options
    Everyone here gave great advice, and I agree with all of it. I can attest that people want to talk about and acknowledge their lost loved ones, regardless of their relationship. It's extra true for mothers and fathers who lose children, because people like to avoid that topic more than most on account of the tragic nature of it. Give it to her and let her know she can always be open with you...what a great gift. And I am so sorry for your friend. What an awful situation to go through.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"