August 2014 Moms
Options

Planning the c-section day

For those having a c-section--which day are you scheduling it for? The Doctor is giving us a choice and I want to maximize time with DH since he can only take 5 days. 

Any recommendations?

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Planning the c-section day

• Options
    MC03MC03 member
    We scheduled ours for Friday August 1.  We had a choice between that Friday, or we could have waited until Monday August 4.  We chose Friday so my husband can take advantage of the weekend.  That way if he takes Friday-Wed. off it's only 4 vacation days, but 6 days with me and baby.

imageimage
  • Options
    Scheduled for August 26 so my Dr can deliver the baby. Also my husband will take the entire week off plus he gets Labor Day off too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since you have a choice, I would say a Thursday or Friday.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    My EDD is 8/10.  I will be scheduled 7-10 days before.  I am hoping for a Monday, since my hubby is a pastor and Sunday is work day for him, this maximizes his time at home and I can work a full week & have the weekend to prepare before the big day.

• Options
    tabaskoatabaskoa member
    edited April 2014
    If you're main goal is for your DH to be home with you as many days as possible, if you could do a Friday or even Saturday (not sure if they do that) it would give a good amount of time.

Something to think about though, if you are taking STD for work, it's best to have it on a Monday because STD kicks in the day of your delivery, so that means if you have the Csection on a Monday you get the 2 days before off and doesn't count towards your STD.

ETA: I had a Csection with my DS and it was on a Wednesday (I didn't have a choice of days). We went home on Friday. DH was off work Wed, Thurs, Fri, and I think 2-3 days the following week.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Logan 10/20/2010 ~ Addison 8/26/2014
  • Options
    I can schedule the week of August 4 between that Monday and Friday. Friday 8/8 being my EDD. I am curious about this too but am leaning towards Wednesday since DS will be in MWF preschool. I feel like that gives him consistency while I'm in the hospital and then we'd all be home that weekend.

• Options
    We are hoping for August 2 which is a saturday but i have 8 doctors in my pratice so i have to see which doctor is on for that day. I don't get to pick the date until next month and i want to make sue i get a doctor i actually like.
  • Options
    Arwen0503 said:
    We are hoping for August 2 which is a saturday but i have 8 doctors in my pratice so i have to see which doctor is on for that day. I don't get to pick the date until next month and i want to make sue i get a doctor i actually like.
    The practice I go to will not schedule c-sections on Saturdays or Sundays.  They didn't give me a reason and it doesn't matter to me, but I'm not sure how common this is.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"