Parenting after a Loss
Options

TTC a Rainbow Sibling Check-in *BFP Warning*

** There is a BFP warning for this check-in **

Welcome to the TTC a Rainbow Sibling check-in. This check-in is a for TTCAL-ers with living children to talk about the issues about TTCAL while you have a living child. Living children and pictures of living children are welcome here, however if your pictured child is an infant (< a year old), please do place a warning at the beginning of your post to alert ladies who are having a hard day. You do not have to be active on the PAL board in order to be a member of this check-in, however, if you plan on posting on the main board please post an intro there.

All are welcome to join us! Please give us an intro with the following information if you wish: name(s)/age(s) of your child(ren), EDD(s) and where you are in your TTC journey.

If you get a BFP please send rmpar29 and morethansparrows08 a private PM so we can add you to our graduates list.

Special hugs this week: @Neary2011

Current Member List:

almostamissus - Kennedy: 8, EDDs: 7/19/2014, 8/28/2014
anglndsguse44 - Connor : 2, EDD: 9/3/14
anitaflora - DS: 4, EDDs: ?
bootsorhearts - Isaac: 3 months, EDDs: 10/6/12, 10/29/13
ellebelle2384 - Sophia: 2, EDDs: 10/21/11, 10/13/14
Frenchteachermama - DD1: 5.5, DD2: almost 3, EDD: 3/30/2014
graceanne927 - Harper: 2
kj808 - DS (J) : 6, DD (K) : 3, EDDs: 6/24/2010, 9/17/2013, 10/21/2013, 8/25/2014
KJsbabe - Lexi: 20 months, EDDs: 1/27/11, 7/7/11
longcat07 - Rabbie:4, EDD: 12/7/2014
mara005 - Fynn: 4, EDDs: 11/4/2013, 8/27/2014
mikeANDjen448 - Emma: 10M, EDDs: ?
Missa_g - Twin boys: 2, EDDs: 9/10/2011, 8/8/2014
Mom2anAngel2 - Liam: 1, EDD: ?
morethansparrows08 - Micah: 7, Elijah: 5, EDD: 8/3/14
mrsjessicamitchell - Ben: 1, EDD: ?
Neary2011 - Kendall Rose: 15M, EDDs: 4/18/2014, 9/18/2014
Noeliav - Amelia: 15M, EDD: 8/23/2014
pinksandbermuda - DD: 2, EDD: ?
PittPurple - DD: 16M, EDDs: 4/16/2012, 12/19/2012
polevaultRN - Timothy: 2, EDD: 10/1/2014
rmpar29 - Dawson and Devin: 2.5, EDD: 6/26/2013
sergeantb44 - Noah : 11, Owen : 9, Natalie : 7, EDD: 8/4/2014
stephy1221 - DD:3, EDD: 10/6/2014
srcr2011 - Caleb: 3, EDDs: 11/21/2010, 5/2/2014, 6/11/2014
sunnydaysarehere - DD: 2.5, EDDs: 7/16/2013, 1/25/2014, 6/19/2014 and 10/18/2014
TMaggie0424 - DD: 1, EDD: 4/26/2010

----------------------------------------------------
**BFP below**

Congratulations to Shell041783 on her BFP. To congratulate her, please check PgAL or send a private PM.

-----------------------------------------------------

@bootsorhearts - Any signs of AF? How are you doing this week?

@ellebelle2384 - I hope that your bleeding has stopped. When do you expect to O?

@Frenchteachermama - Hey honey! If memory serves me right, your baseline is today? I hope that it goes well and you can start Femara!

@graceanne927 - Do you think you O'd? How's the TWW treating you?

@kj808 - I'm so sorry to see that another cycle has started for you. Have you scheduled an appointment with your RE?

@KJsbabe - Did you O when you thought you would?

@longcat07 - Welcome to the check-in! How are you doing this week?

@mara005 - Huge ((((HUGS))) my friend! I'm so sorry that you are at the start of another cycle. Have you consulted with an RE? I know the feelings of not knowing if you want to TTC anymore. DH and I are there too.

@Missa_g - Have you gotten a +OPK? I hope that the bleeding stopped!

@Mom2anAngel2 - I know it's hard based on not confirming O, but when do you expect AF? When will you test?

@morethansparrows08 - Hey lady! How are you doing today? Did you end up getting your tattoo? I hope to see a + on your chart soon dear!

@mrsjessicamitchell - Did your DH call to set up an appointment? How about you? Have you gotten a new BBT? I do hope that you are doing a bit better this week.

@Neary2011 - How are you doing this week?

@Noeliav - I'm so sorry to see that AF came for a visit. ((((HUGS))) Any plan for this cycle?

@sergeantb44 - How's the TWW treating you?

@srcr2011 - I hope that you had a wonderful birthday! Did you apply to that job?

@stephy1221 - How are you doing this week?

@TMaggie0424 - Any news on the node? I don't know that a time change can affect your cycle, but maybe that node is?

@almostamissus, @anglndsguse44, @anitaflora, @mikeANDjen448, @pinksandbermuda, @PittPurple, @polevaultRN, @sunnydaysarehere - we missed you ladies last week and would love to hear how you are.

-----------------------------------------------------

QOTW - I had a parenting epic fail this week (see the story in my update)! If you would like to share, what epic fail moments have you had? What did you do to overcome them?

TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
6/2010
 BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
June 3Missing Our January Snowflake

Re: TTC a Rainbow Sibling Check-in *BFP Warning*

• Options
    Morning ladies!  I'm just hanging out in the TWW.  I had some symptoms of OHSS the last couple days, but after drinking a lot of Powerade and eating some salty foods it seems to be getting better.  As much as OHSS sucks I'm hoping that it's a sign that my body is starting to make HCG, but only time will tell.  My beta is a week from now and I'm officially goes NUTS!  I tested yesterday to see if the trigger was gone and got a BFN, so I'm all set to test next Wed...if I can hold out that long! 

QOTW - I definitely have a parenting failure this week.  We've started sticker charts for the boys' potty training.  Dawson is doing awesome and had filled up his sticker chart by Monday night (only started Friday night).  So, I told him I'd get him a toy the next day.  He asked for a dump truck.  Well, I couldn't find one for less than $10, so I got him a garbage truck/street sweeper.  I know you are all thinking that he threw a fit because it wasn't a dump truck, but no, he was completely content.  The failure, was buying one son a toy and not the other.  *Face palm*  I know better!  I've made this mistake before with other things (sneakers) and I know that Devin is too young to understand that his sticker chart wasn't full and that's why he wasn't getting anything.  I still tried to explaining this to him as he's wailing in my ear.  *sigh*  So, I found a fishing pole with magnetic fish that I had bought last summer but they were too young to play with and that made him happy.  There was peace...until Dawson realized what Devin had and wanted that too.  *Face palm*  So, I spent the rest of the night trying to force them to take turns with the fishing pole.  What a failure! 

My plan now is to wait until BOTH of them have filled up their charts and then they both get new toys.  Dawson doesn't care about continuing to fill in any white space with more stickers so I think that will work out well. 
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013

• Options
    Good morning everyone! My bleeding finally ended on CD10 and I got a positive OPK two days ago on CD14. I had significant O cramps yesterday morning and afternoon so I'm pretty confident I'm now 1DPO. I know OPKs and cramps are not 100% but after all the cycle ultrasounds I had to get my boys I'm confident.

We had decent timing but not the greatest. We're in a weird phase where my husband wants another baby but his desire doesn't quite outweigh the fear yet. So he wants to TTC but doesn't want to actually try, if that makes any sense? I'm not sure it does even to me. But basically he's fine with me initiating whenever but he gets freaked out and the fear shuts him down if it's too many times in a short period. So yeah.

QOTW: I'm not sure I have had an epic parenting fail but I feel like I have tons of tiny fails each day. I'm working on not being so hard on myself right now.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good Morning rmpar29, hope that your doing well this morning, I am doing okay this morning just having a few issues with my niece this morning related to behavior and respect. Yesterday the waiting period had really gotten to me and I felt like I was trapped in one place and talked to my husband and he said he is having trouble with this waiting too but he did tell me that this waiting is good for us in that it will hopefully have a good implantation when we are able to try again. I took an OPK this morning because I was supposed to ovulate today and the test was lighter then the control so I am going to keep testing every day even though we can't try yet, but I am hopeful that I will ovulate soon. Now that we are on the 17th of April I think that I am going to be okay with this waiting period because now we are so close to where we want to be. Thank you ladies for being sooooo supportive these last weeks, I have really need it. 

QOTW - If you would like to share, what epic fail moments have you had? What did you do to overcome them? 
     Married: June 9, 2011 
    TTC Baby #1: January 2012
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    TTC Baby #2: June 2013
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    TTC Baby #3: October 2013
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @rmpar29‌ Your fail isn't so bad! We are trying so hard to resist the "buy two of everything" trap but it is so darn hard. My boys fight so much over toys it's ridiculous! I keep telling them they will have to learn to share earlier than other kids but obviously at 2 they're too young to grasp the concept.

I'll share our biggest fail of the past week that in retrospect is pretty funny. Our NICU had a reunion at a local park this past Saturday. Last year it was so much fun showing the boys off, seeing other families we had met during our stay, and all the doctors and nurses. I was ridiculously excited to take my strong, healthy two year olds this year. Except we only lasted about 20 minutes due to tantrums x2. I was chasing after Spencer and we found a toddler friendly game -choose a duck out of a pool and get a prize from a bucket that corresponds with the number on the bottom of the duck. Easy, right? S happily chose a duck and then chose a little water gun prize. But then he wanted to choose another duck and totally melted down when he wasn't able to. So I had to carry him away to find my husband and J while he screamed "uck! Uuuuuuck! Momma uck uck uck!". I got so many side eyes for that one. Jacen ended up tantruming because he spilled lemonade all over himself and then was upset when my husband wanted to hold the cup for him. So as we were walking away we had one kid screaming "uck!" And the other just screaming "no!". My husband and I ultimately ended up laughing about it because two years ago at this time J was dealing with a nasty pneumothorax and S was still intubated. I'm happy they have such strong lungs now!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Options
    I'm here! I'm here! I am very sorry I missed last week, ladies. I don't like when I miss this check-in. I realized I missed it on Tuesday and instead of replying on last week's thread, I promised myself I'd be on the ball this week :)

AF showed up on day 35 for me, a whole 10 days more than my last cycle. I see my cycles as a scale right now, trying to even themselves out after my m/c. Still waiting to confirm O. 

QOTW: Parenting fails - oy. I swear I have one of these weekly. Usually it's minor - this week I forgot that they had to wear certain spring colors on certain days of the week to school, and I just didn't pay attention to any of that. Last week, C had his first soccer practice and the cleats I borrowed from a friend (because, c'mon. I am not spending $40 on cleats he'll wear for 6 weeks and grow out of) were too big and his shoes kept coming off in the middle of practice. I am certain that between DH and I, we'll be able to write a book about our parenting fails by the time C is 18. Maybe that would be a good graduation gag gift??? 

@rmpar29 - How funny! I am sure it's hard with twins to make everything fair all the time. Good job thinking on your feet!!

• Options
    Mom2anAngel2Mom2anAngel2 member
    edited April 2014

@rmpar29‌ - I hope this next week flies by for you.

@Missa_g‌ - I actually get what your husband is feeling, and I think I feel the same way. I think the fear of not having another child is what pushes my through all the fears of another loss.

@Neary2011‌ - ((HUGS)) to you for dealing with the issues with your niece. I hope your waiting period goes by quickly.

Update on me-- Well today is cd1. I had convinced myself a few weeks ago that this was not our month, but cd1 still brings a sting along with it. I am sure the disappointment, along with some wonderful hormones are not helping me, but this day has been awful and it is not even 10 am yet.

First DS woke up at 5 am, so I am exhausted. While I was trying to shower and dress, DS kept pulling the shower curtain out of the shower so that I had to clean up a huge puddle of water after my shower. Then he literally emptied every drawer under the sinks onto the floor, twice! He also dumped the trash can into the floor. None of this was done in a tantrum, he was just amusing himself. DH doesn't understand because he has never had to shower and dress with him in the bathroom. I have to do this 3-4 times per week depending on DH's work schedule.

DS also HATES the car. Unless he falls asleep he screams he screams in the car, and has done this since day 1. Well, to say I struggle getting him into his car seat is an understatement. I literally gave to wrestle him into the car seat each time (I wonder what people think when they see/hear this happening in the parking lots). Today I practically had to sit on top of him to stop him from doing backbends while I was trying to strap him in. I am so afraid I am going to hurt him one of theses times. Today I hurt my own wrist. Needless to say, this all just left me in tears in the front seat of the car, trying to pull myself together before I backed out of the garage.

It's awful to say already, but the rest of the day is not going to be much better. DH will be leaving as soon as I get home to pick up his parents for the Easter weekend,which leaves me home alone (tired fine work) to deal with a tired toddler. And to top it all off, I get to repeat this mornings disaster tomorrow because DH won't get home until the afternoon tomorrow.

Sorry about the rambling, I am just not having a good day and really needed to vent.

QOTD-- like @Missa_g‌ I think I have had many small fails, but no epic fails (yet). I am sure it is just a matter of time.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Options
    @rmpar29 Thanks so much for posting this!!! You're awesome! I hope the 2WW isn't making you too crazy (I know it is me!) FX for you!!! Also, I've done the toy thing.. that's a huge facepalm...

@Missa_g ((hugs)) It's hard to be in that in-between stage - half of you wants to try again and the other half is afraid of the "what if's?" that come with TTC.  I've had days like those - with both boys screaming and everyone starting at us like we're terrible people... lol

@Neary2011 The last couple weeks of waiting felt like the hardest for me. ((hugs)) and I hope the next couple weeks fly by for you guys!

AFM: I did get my tat - you can find my AW post on TTCAL with a photo.  I LOVE IT!!!! I hope I see a + soon, too! I was able to hold off on POAS this morning (mostly because I overslept and didn't have time).  I'm hoping I can hold off until Saturday, which would be 12DPO, so we shall see.  I'm down to my last cheapie and last FRER (I haven't been testing with FRERs - this one is from when I was waiting for my BFN post-loss), so I don't want to waste them on a BFN again. 

QOTW: My kids are at the age now where they'll ask me for something, and when they're not happy with my answer, they'll go ask Dad... GRRR... that drives me crazy!!! (But I remember doing to my parents, too).  Once, the boys came to me asking if they could have a piece of candy, and I told them no, because dinner was almost ready.  Apparently they went to Dad, and Dad said yes, so I walk in to see them both happily sucking on lollipops, and I immediately took them away, thinking they had been blatantly disobedient in getting them after I had said no.  They of course started screaming and crying, and DH walks in yelling at me over them that he gave them permission to have them... ugh... LOL
    Anniversary
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
      DS #1 born 8/3/06, DS #2 born 10/2/08
    TTC since 8/13 BFP 11/27/13, EDD: 8/3/14
    US 12/9 found 2 Gestational Sacs, MC 12/10/13 6w3d
    BFP #4 5/15/14, EDD: 1/25/14, HB 6/4/14 Movement 8/13/14
    All Welcome

Image and video hosting by TinyPic  image
  • Options
    Thanks for the check in!

Mara005 - Huge ((((HUGS))) my friend! I'm so sorry that you are at the start of another cycle. Have you consulted with an RE? I know the feelings of not knowing if you want to TTC anymore. DH and I are there too.
    Thanks for the hug. I'm trying to get out of the funk. Today is CD10, my plan this month is to try and have sex EOD from today until about CD20, I usually O around CD17/18. But DH is not always cooperative! He is stressed at work/working long hours, even into the wee hours of the night in his home office. And DS isn't predictable with his waking schedule so mornings can be hard.

As for the RE, I was looking at the website of my doctors office and it looks like they have an RE on staff there. My annual appointment is in July so I will probably wait until then to see if I need to see an RE. My main issue is if I need to see one or would it just be nice to see one? I have had 2 very different losses (so they just call it bad luck) but now should I be seeing an RE for help because I'm down a tube? So at the moment I'm giving my body the benefit of the doubt and we will try until July before asking for help.

Also, Monday was my loss date, I cried really hard, went to the park DS and a friend (she is a nanny so she had 2 kids with her) then we all went out for pizza. When DH got home we planted some marigolds as a family for our 1st angel. I also paid for the alter flowers at church in memory of him/her. I really don't want to go through this every year

QOTW: On our first day in FL in Nov./Dec we went to the supermarket. 1/2 of use had checked out, Fynn was looking at some magnets near the costumer service counter and I told DH I was going to my car with some family to put their bags in. Well we got to the car, started putting stuff in the car and I noticed DH was with us. I asked where Fynn was and he said, I don't know. What?!? I have never run to fast in my life. I got back into the store, saw my FIL at the check out, said where is Fynn? He looks and says, right there (points 5 feet away). Fynn was standing with the manager of the store. The manager said, "You must be Ashley. " Fynn had told him my name and I guess he was about to announce it over the speaker. I was SO scared but also really proud of Fynn!

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Hi, y'all! I'm here, but 2 weeks out from our big, huge, important event so not much time to play.

I'm sad/mad/frustrated about not getting pg this cycle for so many reasons. This cycle, I think, will be a bust because of my stress levels (the last time I was stressed like this it was very nearly an anov cycle), and because I'll be OOT during the projected FW. At the moment, I'm distracting myself with work so I can't feel too many feels about this journey.

:: hugs :: for everyone who feels similarly or just wants a hug ;)

QOTW:
    I guess my to-date epic parenting fail was in feeding DD raw tuna around 9 / 10 months? IIRC. She eats what we eat and I had a lapse in judgement. The pedi scolded me and said no more raw fish until she's two. Oh well. We joke that her 2 year birthday party will be epic (for her): pedicures, sushi, and TV. lol.
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @anglndsguse44‌ - I hope your cycles "even out" quickly

@MoreThanSparrows08‌ - FX for your BFP.

@mara005‌ - ((HUGS)) for your loss date. Planting flowers as a family is such a nice idea.

@NoeliaV‌ - I hope your event goes well and keeps you distracted in a positive way.

@TMaggie0424‌ - T&P's for good results from the biopsy

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

• Options

I'm so jealous of everyone in the 2ww, or even charting to confirm O. I wanna be there with ya' on that crazy train!

Nothing new with me, I'll start dropping pumping sessions in 4 or 5 weeks and hopefully AF will show up then.

Regardless, we'll plan our FET for late August/early September. It seems so far off. :-(

QOTW: The other night I tried to reach out and smooth his hair down and he moved his head (you know in that jerky way that babies do) and as a result I ended up popping him in the mouth. He cried and cried and he NEVER cries. Broke my heart. Mommy fail!

**Warning: Losses and living child mentioned**
    BFP#1 1/31/12, EDD 10/6/12 Harrison Gray born sleeping @ 18w6d. You changed our lives little guy.
    BFP#2 EDD 10/29/13, C/P 2/25/13, Bye little Ish, we barely got to know you.
    BFP#3 EDD 12/21/13, Baby Boots born 11/23/13 My rainbow baby!

imageView Full Size Imageimageimage
    January PAL Siggy Challenge: Good Advice

• Options
    @Missa_g - I'm sorry that your DH isn't really wanting to "try" yet.  I hope that you on the same page soon.  FX for you!  I know what you mean about not buying two of everything.  Even the toys that we do have two of they still want the same one.  I've had the whole tantrum x2 as well...definitely not fun! 

@Neary2011 - I'm sorry that you are having trouble with your niece.  You might want to test again this afternoon.  The LH surge usually happens in the late morning/early afternoon.  I hope that the time flies for you!

@anglndsguse44 -  Nice to see you!  I hope that this cycle is more consistent for you!

@Mom2AnAngel2 - I'm so sorry for CD1 and huge (((((HUGS)))) for a rough morning!  If it makes you feel any better, both of my boys did this at Liam's age.  They grew out of it, so know that it doesn't last.  I hope the rest of the weekend goes better! 

@morethansparrows08 - I love your tat!  I'm glad that you and DH figured out a good place for it.  Still have my FX for you!!!

@mara005 - I know that some will tell you that you don't need to see an RE yet, but I'm of the thought that if you are having trouble then there is nothing wrong with consulting with a specialist.  With your added challenges, an RE can help you to O on the proper side so that you have a chance every month.  You can certainly wait until July and talk to your doctor first.  Just don't get too frustrated honey!  Much love!

@NoeliaV - I'm sorry that you are feeling angry and sad!  Stress levels certainly can impact your chances of conceiving.  I hope that next month they will be lower after your event. 

@TMaggie0424 - I hope that you get results on Monday!  I would just initiate tonight and then you will feel better!  ;)

@BootsorHearts - I'm sorry that you are still waiting for AF to start.  Yes, once you start weaning you should get AF back.  I hope that the time flies for you, but not too fast, you need to cherish those moments with that little baby! 
    6/2010

• Options
    Hi Ladies!

This is going to be a little of a post and run, I'll respond to everyone soon!  The girls are on spring break this week and I'm spending the day unpacking from our trip to LA.

I got AF while in Cali which was a little bit of a surprise, but I knew last cycle was too wonky to be good.  I'm happy to tell you all that my period was "normal" for the first time in 9 months!  I had my baseline appt at my RE's office this morning and everything is looking great to start the femara tonight.  The nurse was surprised to see that I already have 3 follies growing on my right ovary on CD 5 without any drugs.  So I start the femara tonight and go back on Saturday for another monitoring appointment.  If all goes well we'll do the IUI early next week!  I'm feeling a lot more optimistic this cycle.  

((hugs)) to everyone who needs them!!

@rmpar29 I've done the same thing!  My 5 year old fills up her chart almost immediately and my little one doesn't understand.  We all make mistakes!!  I've had a lot of parenting fails over the past few years but one of the biggest ones was cursing too much in front of Lucy when she was little.  She once said shit in the bathtub and I almost died!  Now I'm SUPER careful of what I say in front of them!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

• Options
    @rmpar29 - Being uneducated in this area, I had no idea the doc could help me in that way! I think I will do some research online, talk to DH and then reevaluate when I want to talk to my doc or an RE. Thank you!

BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mara005 - Yes, the fertility meds help you to produce more follies, so you will grow them on both sides.  Being that I only have one tube as well, my RE is shooting for 2 mature follies on the right side every month. We've been on this journey a long time together, and it certainly isn't too soon for you to look into getting some help if you are able to.  Please PM me with any questions you may have or if you just need to talk or vent!
    6/2010

• Options
    KJsbabe - Did you O when you thought you would?

Ha no, that would be too easy, wouldn't it? I'm pretty sure I finally O'd yesterday, though. Better late than never. I wish I would have taken my doctor up on his offer for another follie u/s on Monday. Oh well, DH and I had good timing at least, and that's what counts. DH said he has a really good feeling about this cycle, so now my hopes are all up...

QOTW: I wouldn't call it an epic fail, but yesterday I took DD to a play group. We were only going to be gone for an hour, so I pack the diaper bag light and didn't take an extra pair of pants for her like I normally do. Right before we left the house she chugged down her whole sippy, so of corse she had a huge pee while we were there and peed out of her diaper. I changed her, but she had to run around with two wet spots on her but for the rest of the time :/ I hoped that no one noticed, but it was kind of obvious. Fail!
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Options
    rmpar29 Thanks for the check in. One of my friends who has boys close in age had to buy them the same exact clothes because they would even fight over who had the more desirable shirt. Ah, sibling rivalry.

Missa_g hope this is your cycle.

mara005 hugs for getting through that hard day. I hope the flowers brought you comfort.

My week was good, got passed the first post loss aunt flo. Bittersweet really but it is done.

QOTW: hmmm, I think my biggest fail was when I was really under the gun at work and our doc called me and was like "do you realize your child's 2 yr checkup was an hour ago?" I felt awful. I mean we re-scheduled so it wasn't the end of the world but yeah the 60 hour work weeks were taking a toll for sure.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• Options
    kj808kj808 member
    edited April 2014
    Hi @rmpar29! Hope you're well. I'll give my update now and respond to everyone a bit later.

Yes I started a new cycle. Kind of a bummer but oh well, i'm glad to have normal cycles again at least. Today is CD7.

I just got back from my RE appointment. I had a saline u/s and luckily he said that my uterus and ovaries look completely normal, no polyps, cysts or anything. That was wonderful to hear. So at least I know everything is good in that department. Because this was my 4th m/c he wants me and DH to do chromosomal testing. They didn't have me do it at first because I do have 2 living children but I guess he changed his mind. So they are going to check to see if my insurance will cover it and get back to me. I also had some blood drawn today to check my hormone levels.

The crappy thing though is that he basically told me that this won't be a good cycle for me since they had to put the saline into my uterus pretty much making it an inhospitable environment for anything to develop in. That was kind of hard to hear, but he said that we can continue TTC anyway.

After the u/s he also told me that I can call him on CD1 of my next cycle if I want to try getting some assistance with the cycle. He said that it might help to get things off to a good start so that the cycle has the best chance of being successful whether its taking supplements or whatever might be necessary. I definitely plan to do that since this cycle seems to be a wash.

Anyway, sorry so long but that was my appointment. I feel confident that we have a good plan going forward and i'm optimistic for the future!

QOTW: One epic fail I remember recently was just this past Christmas. DS had written out his wish list for Santa and I told him I would put it in the mail when I actually put it in my purse for when I did my shopping. Days later I guess it fell out of my purse because it somehow ended up in the car where DS found it! He was all, "mommy why is my Christmas list in your car? I thought you said you mailed it to Santa!" There I was trying to come up with the best excuse I possibly could and all I could say was, "wow, that's weird! I have no idea why it's in here! I'll take it to the post office again tomorrow." and I quickly changed the subject. He seemed to forget it about it a few moments later but man did I feel like a failure!! 
    May '15 January siggy challenge:
    * Me: 33, DH: 34 * Married 11.10.06 *
    DS 10.2.07 | DD 7.27.10 | 4 angel babies
    BFP #7 | EDD 5.15.15 | It's a BOY!
     BabyFetus Ticker  
    image  image
  • Options
    @rmpar29 thanks for the check in! :) Good luck next Wednesday!
    I've been doing okay. I started using OPKs for the first time. Started on CD12 and today is CD22 and I still haven't had a positive. I don't temp, but I track CM which is usually a good indicator of O for me, but it has been difficult to track since my loss. So DH and I are just HIO EOD to cover our bases!

QOTW: A couple weeks ago, I let DS (2 y/o) play in the backyard. I was doing the dishes and looked out the window and saw him carrying a piece of dog poop on a shovel. Well the poop fell off the shovel and he reached down to pick it up with his bare hand and put it back on the shovel. Gross! lol

BFP #1 8.6.2011 EDD 4.7.2012 DS1 born 3.30.2012

BFP #2 1.21.2014 EDD 10.1.2014 natural m/c 1.30.2014
    BFP #3 4.30.2014 EDD 1.10.2015 DS2 born 12.31.2014
    imageimageimage

• Options

@BootsOrHearts - I hope Aug/Sept comes quickly for you!

@Frenchteachermama - I am glad to hear that you are feeling optimistic.  FX for your IUI.

@KJsbabe - YAY for good timing!  I hope your H's intuition is right.

@stephy1221 - I am glad that you survived your first AF.

@kj808 - I am sorry to hear that this cycle is a wash, but I am glad to hear that you are moving toward getting answers and putting together a plan.

@polevaultRN - I hope you get your positive OPK soon!

Lilypie - (0YVF)

• Options
    Thanks for doing the check-in!  I'm sorry I won't be able to respond to everyone, this week is crazy.  Our house is having some issues so we are about to be doing a lot of demo/rennovations over the next two weeks.  DD, the dog, and I will probably be moving out of the house and staying with friends while DH stays here to make sure everything gets done properly.  Since it's being such a hectic month and I don't know where we will be staying, etc. I decided not to chart this cycle and stress about it and we are just trying to DTD every chance we get.  I haven't felt any O cramps or anything yet but I am usually pretty much right around CD13-14 and we DTD the past two nights and plan to again tonight.  Hopefully that's enough and our timing is good.  I will be sending good thoughts to everyone who is in the 2WW and lots of hugs to everyone who needs them!

QOTW: I can't think of a specific instance right now, but I have been feeling very guilty about the increased screen time and candy in our house lately.  :(
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    KJsbabeKJsbabe member
    edited April 2014
    @rmpar29‌ FX for a positive beta next week!

@Missa_g‌ Yay for Oing! Sorry about the reunion. I don't think that makes you a bad mom at all. I think that makes you a mom of toddlers, and an awesome one at that.

@Neary2011‌ ((hugs)) Sorry you haven't gotten a positive OPK yet. I hope these next couple weeks fly by so you can get back to TTC.

@mom2anangel2 Sorry you're having such a bad day! I hope tomorrow is better.

@MoreThanSparrows08‌ FX for you!!

@noeliav ((hugs)) sorry about cd3 :(

@tmaggie0424 T&Ps for good results from your biopsy. TBH if we weren't TTC DH and I would probably be a 1-2x a month couple, too. In our case, though, it's me. I'm never in the mood and sometimes I just want to be left alone. I hope things get better for you.

@bootsorhearts I hope AF surprises you and shows up sooner than later.

@frenchteachermama Glad to hear all is going well so far! GL with the femara this month!

@mara005 GL with your decision about seeing an RE. It's a big step, but I agree with the other ladies, there's no harm in a consultation.

@kj808 Glad your saline u/s turned out well. I didn't know that having one done would decrease your chances of getting pg that cycle. I'm supposed to have one next cycle, if this one doesn't turn out. Bummer.

@polevaultrn Sorry that you haven't gotten a positive OPK yet. I hope you get one soon.

@ellebelle2384 FX for good timing! I hope all goes well with your home renno.
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
  • Options

@rmpar29 Thank you for the check in!

I see that it is a busy month and week for many of us. 

My thoughts are with each of you in your journey's and appointments.

I am trying to wait until tomorrow to test and will be DPO11.  I am not feeling so good with my temps the last few days.  They have been dropping but are still above my coverline. 

I should be on CD1 tomorrow but do not have and pre AF symptoms so trying not to stress but it is not working so well.  I will hopefully have good news tomorrow!!

Ladies have a happy Easter!

QOTW:  I can not think of anything since I have only been doing the step parent thing for about a year. 

• Options
    Today is my Due Date for my second Child and instead of holding her in my arms, I am carrying her in my heart <3! Christian April, Mommy, Daddy love you soooooo very much and miss you everyday <3!
     Married: June 9, 2011 
    TTC Baby #1: January 2012
    Baby #1: BFP: February 16, 2012, EDD: October 24, 2012, July 2, 2012, we found out we are expecting a GIRL :)!
    11-2-2012 @ 12:55am, 41 weeks and 1 day, Kendall Rose was born, weighting 7lb. and 12oz.
    TTC Baby #2: June 2013
    Baby #2: BFP: August 16, 2013, EDD: April 18, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl  "Christian AprilMC: August 24, 2013 @ 5 weeks and 1 day
    TTC Baby #3: October 2013
    Baby #3: BFP: December 31, 2013   EDD: September 8, 2014, Gender Predictor said: Girl "Sweet Pea September" stopped growing January 12 @ 6 weeks  (Missed Miscarriage), D and C: January 28, 2014 @ 8 weeks 2 days
    Baby #4: BFP: June 13, 2014 EDD: February 25, 2015, October 10, 2014, we found out we are expecting a BOY :)!
    "Love Bears all things, hopes all things, and endures all things"
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    ((Hugs)) @Neary2011‌ Thinking of you.
  • Options
    Hi ladies...

I'm sorry I'm so late here... I have not been around much on the board lately. I'm not sure why. But I guess I've just needed some space from it for a while.

I'm sorry I haven't been very much support at all lately, but just wanted to check in and say hello.

I have my appointment on the 24th to go over the last cycle and what we're doing going forward. So I'm looking forward to that.

Just wanted to let you all I know I was thinking of you even though I haven't been around much! XOXO

dream 1 CAME TRUE 2.13.2010

<dream 2> 12.2011

2.10.12 : 4 weeks

6.17.12 : 10 weeks

10.10.12 : 4 weeks, 6 days

12.13.12 : 9 weeks, 1 day

4.6.13 : 4 weeks, 4 days

10.27.13 : 5 weeks, 6 days

4.2.14 (IVF #1) : 4 weeks, 1 day

6.19.14 : IVF #2 Negative

</dream 2>

resolve.org

AMA, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, heterozygous MTHFR

"all it was was a fairytale and devotion to a dream"

lyrics

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ***All always welcome!!***

• Options
    Hugs @Neary2011‌ 
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    @Neary2011‌ sorry I'm a day late, but giant ((hugs)). I hope yesterday wasn't to bad.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    ((( hugs ))) for @neary2011 and @anitaflora
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    PittPurplePittPurple member
    edited April 2014
    Hi all...so sorry, I'm awful at this. Is there an easy way to keep up and do all the tags? I just feel like by the time I check in, a million posts have happened and then I feel badly not responding to all of them.

All okay here. Still not TTC, have another 10lbs to lose to get to pre baby weight and hoping I'll finally feel ready by then. I'm just not "there" yet. Am crossing my fingers for all of you...

The first woman from my birth class here (we met up weekly for a while before I went back to work) announced her 2nd pregnancy. I felt like a terrible person as I was just instantly jealous...she had a picture perfect easy pregnancy and now got pregnant from a one time oops...it's just so frustrating. Of course I'm happy for her and wouldn't wish this difficulty on anyone but I'm so terrified of getting pregnant (and equally terrified of not getting pregnant) and she just casually has babies. Just needed to say that out loud to someone who would understand.

Big hugs to anyone who needs them this week.

Parenting fail? Well, DD Has started climbing on everything and I'm constantly forgetting and leaving things too close together so she can climb onto the ottoman and then reach the coffee table for example. And I can't figure out how to make any room safe enough to leave her for a minute so we have had a few close calls lately. Have resorted to just dragging her around everywhere I go but I'm sure I won't manage that forever!
    TTC #1 since Aug 2010 * BFP Aug 2011, EDD April 16 2012 * MMC @ 7w5d, D&C @ 10w5d
    BFP Apr 2012, EDD Dec 19 2012 * twin h/b at 6wk, 9wk scan * Baby A lost at 12wks
    Baby B was my rainbow born at 36wks on Nov 27 2012

Lilypie - (kqKn)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"