August 2014 Moms

Re: UO

• It's apparently an unpopular opinion not to assume every person who is concerned about not gaining enough weight to be a humblebrag. 

Eh depends on how the post is worded. Some people have sounded genuinely concerned, others just sound like they're bragging.
  • Loading the player...
  • kshare18 said:

I know I seem like such a hater on the people that don't have pictures or siggys...Ps @andatcdc I love that you changed your picture so now I recognize you :).

Anyway, my UO is that I don't understand why people, who never comment or participate on our board, post their due date and baby name under the were having a...thread. It's like a drive by "hey I'm pregnant too, peace
    kshare18 said:

I know I seem like such a hater on the people that don't have pictures or siggys...Ps @andatcdc I love that you changed your picture so now I recognize you :).

Anyway, my UO is that I don't understand why people, who never comment or participate on our board, post their due date and baby name under the were having a...thread. It's like a drive by "hey I'm pregnant too, peace." I don't get it?
    I don't have a siggy....mostly because I've been too lazy to figure out how to get one.. I need to get on board with the gifs too.. Anyways, do you all recognize me or should I get one?
  • I've said it before and I will constantly say it....I REALLY hate being pregnant. I am uncomfortable, I feel fat, I'm tired and I constantly have sharp stabbing pain in my uterus and my lower back is killing me. Not to mention I look like I'm 16 years old and when people see me they all stare, whisper behind my back ect. The further I get along the harder they stare and the more I hear "OMG she's like 16 I feel so bad, how could her parents let that happen?"
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • I've never been a fan of sig challenges, even when I used to post on TK before It became so shitty.

I finally found the "toughest job" video and my first though was "I would be pissed if I thought I was interviewing for a legit job and then found out it was a stupid card commercial."  But maybe all the participants were in on it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Valancyy said:
    chase16 said:
    I really didn't like that "toughest job in the world video"
    It was so cheesy and a bit exaggerated.
    Yea.... I didn't comment on the video, but I only made it through about half. Maybe I'm just a FTM and naive, but that kind of stuff makes me roll my eyes. I always just feel like there's a slight holier than thou attitude that comes with that kind of stuff... Like anyone who's not a mom can't possibly know what its like to work really hard, experience sleep deprivation, long days, no breaks, etc. It just kind of annoys me.

Yeah, I didn't even watch it, because I figured it'd be like that.

I'm a SAHM to 2 boys...I don't find it that hard.  There are hard moments...but I think there are jobs out there that would be much harder.  Hey...look...I'm bumping right now while my boys are playing together!

You all should have commented!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Whats UO? I am a bump newbie and I am trying to get around all the acronyms and the abbreviations, I was looking around for a glossary but can't find it!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Anaguisbell

Unpopular Opinion

Married April 12
    DD June 13
    #2 EDD 8/8/14 - DS July 14
    2 Furry Kids - 
    Rosco: The most awesome pug ever.
    Pumpkin: The most non-catlike cat ever.  

• Raclla said:
    UO:

Bananas are icky.

Overripe bananas are icky...I kept smelling something gross on the way to work this morning and was afraid I somehow stunk (even though I showered?) just to find a too-ripe banana in my work bag from a few days ago.
  • I hate Greek yogurt, and pudding, and jello.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I like bananas more than strawberries.
    BFP 12.13.13. Baby Girl EDD 8.21.14.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think the stuff one drinks for the GD test is awful. To me it just tasted like flat orange pop. I like orange pop, so maybe that is why. Also, a disclaimer, I'm basing this off my recollection of my test with DS two years ago. But I remember at the time thinking that I wasn't nasty like people had said. I have my GD test in 4 weeks, so I guess we'll see for sure again then!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• caybeh said:

I don't think the stuff one drinks for the GD test is awful. To me it just tasted like flat orange pop. I like orange pop, so maybe that is why. Also, a disclaimer, I'm basing this off my recollection of my test with DS two years ago. But I remember at the time thinking that I wasn't nasty like people had said. I have my GD test in 4 weeks, so I guess we'll see for sure again then!

I remember it not being horrid. I also think the drink you have to drink before a CT scan tastes like over sweet apple juice which isn't horrid either. I read all the time that it makes people sick and I sort of shrug and bare it. The only thing I can't take are the preps for colonoscopies...ugh those are gross even when it's masked in flavoring....

IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • djhar said:

caybeh said:

I don't think the stuff one drinks for the GD test is awful. To me it just tasted like flat orange pop. I like orange pop, so maybe that is why. Also, a disclaimer, I'm basing this off my recollection of my test with DS two years ago. But I remember at the time thinking that I wasn't nasty like people had said. I have my GD test in 4 weeks, so I guess we'll see for sure again then!

I remember it not being horrid. I also think the drink you have to drink before a CT scan tastes like over sweet apple juice which isn't horrid either. I read all the time that it makes people sick and I sort of shrug and bare it. The only thing I can't take are the preps for colonoscopies...ugh those are gross even when it's masked in flavoring....

The sad thing is the taste is the least unpleasant part of colonoscopy prep.
    :-/ :-/

It depends...When i prepped at home the first time I was able to mask it with a swig of sprite after each swig of prep. Then it was just running to the bathroom feeling sick because of the fluid intake(to much drinking no food sucks). That time it was also not masked with any flavorings. That time I'd say the taste was the worse part because it was easy to move around my house no problems.

second time I prepped in the hospital after a liquid only diet for two days. I was on antinauseal meds and diplomine and the prep was flavored orange. The combination or everything made me vomit everywhere and only got through 1/4 of the prep. I also wasn't allowed anything else aside from water. This time everything was bad...i was hooked up to IVs and it was just bad :P
    IAmPregnant Ticker}
  • MC03MC03 member
    I'm getting really leery of posters with user names I don't recognize. I'm on TB every day (except the week I was on vacation). I'm hesitant to post replies to any of their posts. I feel like at this point, 20+ weeks into the game, if I don't recognize you then clearly you haven't been around much, if at all.
    The thing is, not everyone finds TB as soon as they get pregnant, or even before while TTC.  I didn't find these boards until second trimester with DD, and even then I lurked for a long time.  I didn't start posting until after she was born.  While it is nice to know people and have recognizable posters, the newbies have to start sometime... these boards don't close to new members, so we could get new posters at any time. 

imageimage
  • My UO is that I'm tired of people (not on here, but in RL or of Facebook) who ask for prayers for everything!  I don't have any problem at all with people asking for prayers for a major health problem with a family member or themselves or anything else major, but asking for prayers for every little thing is ridiculous.  I think it's selfish to ask me to pray that you make the right decision or pray for you about getting more clients or pray for you to find the right house/car.  Maybe it's because I'm not a religious person, but I'm over it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    edited April 2014
    aelhunt said:
    My UO:  I hate seafood. 

Just kidding. I LOVE Seafood. I will eat yours for you! Mmmmmm lobster, crab, shrimp.... I'm hungry!
    Actually, this is why people LOVE to go with me to places like Benihana's; I give them my shrimp.  I just have trouble going in to eat at places like Joe's Crab Shack.  The smell makes my stomach churn a little bit.  I'm such a wuss. 

On the flipside; I like escargot.  WTF belly?!  o.O

I'm a lurker.  I also didn't post to the "New to August 2014" thread, because...well, mostly I feel like I'm a lurker, so who really freaking cares (glad to know I guessed right!), right?  Plus, I'm a little more hesitant to post on TB than I am on TK since my skin is a little thinner right now (yay hormones), so I'm not quite as capable of handling getting flamed.  :)  I own that.  Plus, I'm still working on figuring out ALL of the hot button topics (so I can avoid) and anything that might be a potential landmine topic that might blow up in my face. 

I do enjoy reading the threads though.  I crack up over U/S pics since I like to see all of the guesses (my favorite is always T-Rex).  And, it's always great for seeing what fun GIFs will be rolled out.  :)
    I totally recognize you, though! I know you've posted before. My qualm (and I think @dogperson11's qualm) with newbies is ones who post for the first time about some major drama issue, and then we never hear from them again after expressing confusion as to who they are.
    Wow.  I didn't think I posted enough to be recognized. 

And, I get it.  I don't understand why anyone would post about their personal crisis to a bunch of people they don't know.  There have been a few topics I've wanted to post about, but I'm like "These women don't know me.  How could they help me?  I'm being a worrywart.  Lemmie see what Dr. Google has to say first." 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

• njnagem said:
    Poppy1985 said:
    I hate Greek yogurt, and pudding, and jello.
    I also hate Greek yogurt. I do not get what the fuss is all about. But I love me some pudding and jello. I have a fudge snack pack on my desk right now.
    Raclla said:
    UO:

Bananas are icky.

I will only eat green bananas. Once they start to ripen they're too mushy.
    I too, only eat green bananas. I eat a banana every morning before work, so on Sundays I will buy the absolute greenest bananas the store has, and then hope they don't ripen too much by Thurs-Fri. I do like yellow bananas in milkshakes, but that is it. I throw away a lot of bananas because of this. 
    I LOVE greek yogurt, so much so that I don't like regular yogurt now. It's about the texture for me tho.. I like it because it's thick and creamy, so to me it's like dessert. I used to eat the yoplait custard styles yogurt when I was a kid, so same thing..
  • hmctagg01 said:
    Fail on the profile pic.  Seriously, is it me, or does The Bump just suck?  My new pic is in my profile and says it's my avatar.  I give up.  I really need to figure out the GIF thing to properly convey my frustration!

@hmctagg01:  The avatar pictures take a while to show up.  If you can see it in your profile, it will probably show up within the hour or so.

son#1 born 6/2010

son#2 born 4/2012

son#3 born 7/2014

• hmctagg01 said:
    Changing my profile picture and adding a ticker was ridiculously hard.  But I think I finally did it! <Insert GIF of someone doing the cabbage patch here.> 
    I gave up on doing a ticker.  I'm too dumb to figure it out apparently.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Proud Mother to 16 year old Austin (MCJROTC Sgt., Trumpet playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Air Force Pilot!)
    Proud Stepmother to 12 year old Josh (Baseball playing, Saxophone playing "Band Nerd" and hopeful Doctor!)
    Proud Mother to baby Kaylee (Stuffed toy playing, Adorable smiling baby and hopeful Rodeo Princess!)

•  I understand when women want to have the healthiest pregnancy possible, but i totally side eye/ judge when a facebook friend of mine says "since im trying for another baby its time to cut out all caffeine" shes one of those that thinks shes the perfect parent and does everything "by the book" whoever wrote "the book" anyways.i mean i get everyone wants a healthy pregnancy but you will survive with some caffeine, cold meat sandwiches, hair dye, etc. I mean really. 
  •  i mean i get everyone wants a healthy pregnancy but you will survive with some caffeine, cold meat sandwiches, hair dye, etc. I mean really. 
    I am 100% using my pregnancy as an excuse to not color my hair (DH likes it when I color it).  I'm cheap, so I do it at home, and sometimes I love it when I'm done, other times I hate it and wonder why I didn't just pay a pro to do it.

I've got gray hairs, and I don't even CARE!!  I'm wondering how long I can keep using it as an excuse though. 

• caybeh said:
    Mine is lemon lime, which then tastes like flat, thickened, warm 7up.
    Eww... The Orange I agree really wasn't that bad.  I wish they had it cold though.
    CafeMom Tickers

Pregnancy #3 after two prior losses in 2013

EDD 8/18 

• It's your hair. Just tell your H you aren't going to color it anymore.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • cashews29  I know.  I actually like it when it comes out looking nice.  It just seems lately I'm an epic fail at it, so I've just stopped. 

What I outta do it make HIM either color my hair or pay for it if it matters so much.

Truthfully, I wish my entire head would go silver.  I think that looks beautiful. 

• No clue if this will be unpopular, but it bugs me when people name their animals legit people names like, "This is my cat, Sarah." or "This is my dog, Patrick." It's just odd to me. Obviously names like Max or whatever don't apply, and I don't expect everyone to name their dogs "Buddy," it just feels weird when someone's cat shares my same name...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"