April 2013 Moms
Options

DS vision problems :(

The day before our one year appt last week we noticed Jacob's left eye was crossing sometimes. His pedi noticed it the next day and referred us to the eye doctor. We just left after a 2.5 hr appt (not fun at all) and his vision is so bad that it's causing crossed eyes. The doctor said his personality will likely change entirely after he gets glasses because he will actually be able to see! I feel so bad for the little guy. But he will at least look like a cute little Harry Potter in his glasses :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DS vision problems :(

• Options
    Glad they detected it and can address it, but sorry for the inevitable extra stress for you. I bet he will be adorable!
  • Options
    Thanks @Kate_C‌! I guess it's somewhat common in preemies but was never on my radar so yes it's definitely stressful! I will post pics next week when we get the glasses! :)

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you so much @Grace0609‌! We ordered the Miraflex frames in blue. I will have to check out the FB page, it sounds like a great resource!

Anniversary

• Options
    minerswife17minerswife17 member
    edited April 2014
    So glad they were able to help you and your little guy! I love babies in glasses! they are so adorbs. I saw one at Sams the other day and i squealed! Turns out it was DHs co-worker and his son. Now Hs co-worker thinks I'm a whack job.
  • Options
    Glad that you caught this very early! My cousin was like, 5 before they realized she was basically legally blind. Also Harry Potter is amazing. So win-win. He is lucky to have a very observant mama!!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic!Image and video hosting by TinyPic
               Warner, our early surprise, born March 12, 2013!
            Watching You Grow Everyday, Right Before Our Eyes!
  • Options
    I bet he will look so cute in his glasses. Glad you caught it early.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"