December 2011 Moms

Guests sleeping arrangement

I am going away for the weekend next month for a girls shopping trip - it's Friday and Saturday. DH's grandparents will be watching DS. They need to be here by the time DH leaves Friday morning at 8 am. DH said they were planning on coming Thursday night. We have a twin bed stored in our unfinished basement. We have a room we use for an office since it is very small, but that would be the only space for them. DH said he thought we should buy a bed so guests can sleep in. We rarely have guests so I have a hard time spending hundreds on something that will be used a couple times a year. He has said in the past that we should give up our bed for them, but I have never slept in someone else's bed as a guest and I think that's really strange. What do you do for guests?

Re: Guests sleeping arrangement

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • -T--T- member
    We just bought our bed right before DS was born so its almost brand new! Thursday night is the only night I'm really concerned about because I'll be home. DH and I could sleep on the twin that night, I just don't want to give up my bed!
  • Loading the player...
  • When #2 was born he went into the guest room so I gave up my bed for my parents and slept in his room. Now DS has his own room and my basement is finished so we have 2 guest rooms. I would pretty much only give up my bed for my parents.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • We have a guest bedroom and then a blow up mattress, as we frequently have out of state company and friends sleeping over when we have get togethers (we are really big into cook outs that turn into all night events frequently through the summer!). Plus, we have a total of 3 couches that seem to be the place to crash too. I would recommend an air mattress (we use ours for camping and it wasn't too expensive but it's amazing!). Otherwise, could they sleep on the couch for one night if the twin bed wouldn't work? Since my surgery, my mom and grandma have taken turns staying with me as dh leaves at 4:30 am and it's easier for them to just spend the night and be here to help when the boys get up since I can't really do anything with them still. And they've slept on the couch per their request every night. I have begged them to sleep in the guest bed, but both prefer the couch
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a guest room/office with a queen sized bed. DD2 sleeps in a full and DD1 has twin bunk beds. If we need another guest bed, DD2 sleeps in the extra twin in DD1s room and DD2s bed is used for the other guest. We have guests maybe 3 or 4 times a year, but I really think it's nice to have a place for them. I think in your case, I'd give up my bed for the grandparents and maybe get an air mattress for the two of you to sleep on Thursday night. Giving them your bed seems like the most hospitable thing to do.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It sounds like a Futon might be more functional for your space. There are a lot of nice ones available and they're great for sleepovers in general. We purchased foam for on top of the mattress to make it even more comfortable.

We are lucky enough to have enough extra sleeping spaces for most guests that we have... DS's room has a bunk bed, DD's a trundle, we've got what was DD's full-size bed downstairs in our "big room" along with my college futon which works great when my brother brings his kids along so they all have a place to sleep.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We had a queen size bed for guests in G's room along with his toddler bed, since we only have two bedrooms. But not long after we transitioned G to his toddler he started getting out and sleeping in the queen, so anyway we have a travel toddler bed for G which we put in our room when guests come and let the guests have G's bed.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• We actually have a room that has a full sized bed in it. It's Addi's crib converted, not that anyone can sleep in there right now because we need to clean it out. Could you buy an air mattress and stand or an air mattress that is raised off the floor quite a bit?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • We have a futon for guests.
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards