April 2014 Moms
Options

Ugh!!! Why me???

Again, I don't post a lot with this being my 2nd and being very busy, but I gotta put this out there. For 1 time in my life I am being patient (I'm pretty impatient) and have gotten ok with letting little DJ come on his own. I'm due on Friday with no signs if him making an appearance any time soon. My OB does not set an end date, rather asks you how long you're willing to wait, but still wants an end date. I think hubby has started to lean towards waiting shorter rather than longer and I have flipped the other way. I know baby isn't getting any smaller, and hubby is worried about having to go c-section due to baby size. I am about 5'3" 115-120 lbs when not pregnant and I am much larger this time than last (7lb 6oz baby). I just don't know what to do, and I don't want to pick a day that ends up messing with family Easter plans. I'm ok if baby messes up plans by his own decision.

Re: Ugh!!! Why me???

  • Options
    I say wait it out. I'm fairly small too- 5'6" and 133lbs, and DD1 was 9lb10oz. Her shoulders did get stuck, but was delivered with just maneuvering- no episiotomy, no forceps, no vacuum. I gained 40lbs with that pregnancy.

    hope baby comes of his own accord soon so the stress is unwarranted. I'm sure your OB would push for a date and/or a L2 u/s to estimate size if (s)he were concerned. Also, being your second, a little larger would be easier.
    *Married 10.10.08*
     image
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    If you are that concerned with Easter plans I would schedule end date after that. If you are more concerned with baby size and c section I'd say schedule as early as you and your advisors feel comfortable. I am due three days after Easter. I have already come to terms with the fact that I can't travel to any family functions just because of distance from hospital or because of a very tiny newborn! Try not to stress out. It's gonna be what it's gonna be. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm about Ksulli's size, 134lbs and 5'7", put on 34 lbs and had a pretty great vaginal delivery with my 9 lbs 8 oz baby girl. I tore, but they're second degree tears, and she came out after only 27 minutes of pushing with no issues (besides the fact that she had her hand over her face, which was harder for me but just peachy for her).

    She was 41w3d and came on her own the day before her scheduled induction. I don't think there are many downsides to waiting it out, unless your doctor has medical reasons to believe otherwise.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Addition to my last post: I don't think babies grow that much in the last weeks anyway? What has anyone else heard? I didn't think they gained that much after 39 weeks? If it's true that is something to consider.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I would wait it out.  Babies only gain a few ounces between 40-42 weeks.  But getting induced with a low bishops score drastically increases your risk of csection


  • Options
    Don't let your weight gain effect you decision, I gained double the weight with this LO that I did with DS and she was 3oz smaller
  • Options
    My 1st came on her induction date. I went into labor the afternoon before, and she was born at 12:02am the day of her induction (2 days before due date). I told you on not a patient person!
  • Options
    An induction can also increase your chances of needing a c-section. Trust your body, and that you can birth the baby it made for you.
    This. One million percent.
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

    image


  • Options
    I agree w/ @Ooopsbaby14‌ . You are better off waiting until your body is ready and Easter is only a few days from now. Why not schedule early next week?

     

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"