April 2014 Moms
Options

Induction with catheter.

I'm scheduled for an induction tomorrow due to GD. At my appt today the dr put in a catheter to help get things going since I was barely a cm. I've never heard of this until today. Anyone have any experience with it? So far, it's been a ton of pain and cramping.
Married since 8/2009
TTC # 1 since April 2012
BFP 11/17/2012 Complete M/C 12/3/2012
50mg Clomid
BFP 8/12/2013 EDD 4/23/2014

Re: Induction with catheter.

• Options
    It helps you dilate which should make the eventual induction with pitocin more likely to succeed.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am currently being induced, and they have something called a Cook's balloon catheter inserted into my cervix to try to stretch it. It will fall out when I reach 4cm. I had never heard of this before yesterday.
    Carolyn (33) & Steve (33) Married 1/28/12 DS 4/16/14 BFP 9/13/15~Due 5/20/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They did the cyto tech on my first dident so much. They they Inserted the cath and it was awful! I ended up doing nothing and they pulled it out :-( I hope it works for you
  • Options
    Wow sorry my cellphones auto correct is awful dident even notice all the spelling errors!
  • Options
    I had this last time. When the first one didn't work and fell out in the toilet they put in a bigger one. Not painful but uncomfortable and like I said, they didn't really work.

• Options
    I also had the foley balloon. It did it's job.. Got pitocin at the same time... Even after all that though... I ended up with a csection. :(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Crissers19Crissers19 member
    edited April 2014
    Kriztyn said:

I also had the foley balloon. It did it's job.. Got pitocin at the same time... Even after all that though... I ended up with a csection. :(

This. It dilated me to 3 1/2 centimeters, but I never progressed any farther. Breaking my water and gradually upping the pitocin didn't even help. Recovery from the c-section has been going pretty well though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I had a foley bulb last time.  I think it's awesome.  i hurts a bit coming in but it can get you from a 1 to a 4/5.  It's all mechanical, no hormones.  Often after it falls out they will put you on pitocin though.

I also ended up with a csection after 24+ hours of being induced.  If your bishops score i slow (FTM, not dilated much, high baby), you have a very high chance of a csection sadly).  But I'd do it over again to have a chance at avoiding a csection.

• Options
    My OB told me today that this will be the third thing they do if I have to be induced after Cytotec and Cervidil.
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"