April 2014 Moms
Options

Supplementing with formula

How long did it take for your LO to adjust to formula? Did you have to change formulas? I exclusively BF for 2 weeks and have just started introducing one bottle of formula per day. But she seems fussier and gassier than usual.. I will speak to my ped about it too but just wondering if anyone has any input. Thank you
 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Supplementing with formula

• Options
    Mine both had milk allergies and they were definitely gassy and fussy on regular formula. When we switched to soy it got so much better. You should ask your Ped of course, but the switch from breast milk to formula shouldn't cause stomach upset.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    @Ashleypixie‌ how did you know it was upsetting their stomachs and they we're allergic? She's still pooping regularly.. The only insight I have is the gas but she seems fine after she eats and doesn't spit up or anything..
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It started with gas and fussiness, and cries that sounded painful. My DD had skin reactions and horrible diaper rash as well. Things weren't that much better when I was breast feeding because I was consuming dairy, so when I switched to soy and it all cleared up completely it just made sense that it was a milk allergy. It's fairly common with newborns.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My daughter also had to be on soy when we supplemented. She turned into a colicky baby on regular formula and it was like night and day. It's common in a lot of babies but they grow out of it - at 1 year she was able to start regular full fat milk.
  • Options
    DD had a really hard time transitioning to formula. She was fussy, gassy, constipated, and had eczema. We tried them all, even Nutramagen (sp?) and it wasn't better (which let us know it wasn't a milk allergy) and we ended up on Similac Sensitive. For her, I don't think it was the type of formula as much as the time to adjust that helped.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"