3rd Trimester
Options

plug

Do you have to lose your mucus plug before you are in "real labor?" 

I'm just wondering if you can go into labor and lose your plug in the middle of labor. 

Re: plug

• Options
    If you look down further on the first page of the board you'll see this:

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12316975/i-lost-my-mucus-plug-i-think#latest

The STMs have explained how things happened during their 1st pregnancies.

BFP#1: 08/30/12 EDD 04/30/12 m/c 09/04/12 6wks
    BFP#2: 01/27/13 EDD 10/06/13 missed m/c 02/25/13 9wks
    BFP#3: 10/30/13 EDD 07/05/14 Our little dude was born on 07/10/14 @ 2:19p <3

• Options
    Yeah that link doesn't really answer my question though.  I was wondering if you weren't tech. in labor until you lost your plug. 
    According to the person above, you can be in active labor first and then lose it. 
    thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't lose mine. It comes out when you start dilating sometimes weeks before and sometimes during the beginning of labor

• Options
    kmdendy said:
    Yeah that link doesn't really answer my question though.  I was wondering if you weren't tech. in labor until you lost your plug. 
    According to the person above, you can be in active labor first and then lose it. 
    thanks!
    In the other thread, a lot of ladies say that they lost their plug more than once before going into labour or never did lose it when going into labour. So, that would suggest the answer to your question is no.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I think every case is different. In my case. I lost it 12 hours prior to delivery.

"Don't worry about the haters... They are just angry because the truth you speak contradicts the lie they live."

-Dr. Steve Maraboli

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    With DS I never lost it, at least not that I ever noticed. With DD it came out whole and huge, then ctx stared shortly after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"