Nurseries and Baby Gear

Where did you get nursery furniture?

I'm expecting twin girls and they're going to be sharing a room so we don't have much space. We ended up going with 2 Graco Rory cribs in white and now I'm looking for a white dresser that is small enough to fit in the room but that can fit a changing pad on top.

I also don't want to spend a ton of money since they'd eventually get their own rooms with a complete set of furniture in the future...

Where can I find a relatively inexpensive dresser that still looks nice? Or does anyone have a dresser/brand they love?
Anniversary
My Food Blog
DH and I: Both 31
HSG, bloodwork, SA-possible blockage in right tube Continue TI July 2012 August 2012: Clomid 50mg + TI=bfn, switched RE September 2012: Redo HSG-blockage in right tube confirmed November 2012: Clomid 25mg, Bravelle + Trigger + IUI= ectopic pregnancy December 2012: emergency laparoscopy and D&C, removed right tube 2 more IUI's-one bfn, one CP IVF #1=CP FET#1=BFN IVF#2-converted to FET due to PGS testing and high progesterone levels. Only one good embryo from PGS-didn't survive thaw. transferred 2 embryos from IVF #1=BFP! 2 yolks sacs seen at 5w4d sonogram!

Re: Where did you get nursery furniture?

• Our DD's dresser is from ikea. I love it and want to move it to our room as it is much nicer than the furniture store dresser we got with our bedroom set. We have two Hemnes dressers (one for DD and one for 2.0) along with other items from that collection, they are all very nice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we also have the Ikea Hemnes. I did not want to spend alot of nursery furniture since I knew it would likely get beat up and once it was time to transition to a real bed, I would want something new and nicer.

The Ikean Hemnes 8 drawer is a great height for a changing pad on top. I also like that it has so much storage. The bottom 2 drawers held all towels, facecloths, receiving blankets, swaddles, sheets etc.

We bought the Olivia Mod crib and it went fine. We're expecting another in June and bought the Graco Lauren crib which will be paired with the Ikea dresser

• Loading the player...
  • Looks likes we'll need to go check out ikea! Thanks for the ideas!
    Anniversary
    My Food Blog
    DH and I: Both 31
    HSG, bloodwork, SA-possible blockage in right tube Continue TI July 2012 August 2012: Clomid 50mg + TI=bfn, switched RE September 2012: Redo HSG-blockage in right tube confirmed November 2012: Clomid 25mg, Bravelle + Trigger + IUI= ectopic pregnancy December 2012: emergency laparoscopy and D&C, removed right tube 2 more IUI's-one bfn, one CP IVF #1=CP FET#1=BFN IVF#2-converted to FET due to PGS testing and high progesterone levels. Only one good embryo from PGS-didn't survive thaw. transferred 2 embryos from IVF #1=BFP! 2 yolks sacs seen at 5w4d sonogram!
  • Have you looked at Amazon or Target?  This week Target has $50 off when you spend $250 on select baby items.  It looks like a lot of the furniture is included.

Also, if you're open to doing a little work, check out Craigslist.  With white, it's pretty easy to paint to match and you can get some adorable handles to personalize it/dress it up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• alakealake member
    We have two homes and two sets of furniture.
    Our main house: our nursery is from Restoration Hardware.  We had done cheap with our older two, but I was drooling over cribs from restoration hardware and my DH told me to order what I wanted.
    Our summer cottage: It is Ikea, which I like.
  • We have the malm from ikea and is perfect.
    Off BCP since 1/12
    TTC since 3/12
    High LH/FSH Ratio 8/12
    DX with PCOS 11/12
    Clomid 50mg - 19.5mm Follie - Trigger + TI = BFP! 11/12
    EDD August 11, 2013 
    DS Born August 14, 2013!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage 

• I'm doing Hemnes by IKEA also. We have some of that line in our house already and the height will be perfect for a changing pad with lots of storage as a previous poster said.
  • We had a used dresser from my husband and painted it white.  If you are up for it, it's a great way to save money. I'd check Craigslist for options. 
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Another vote for Ikea.  We have 2 of the 3 drawer dressers and one 8 drawer.  Really great quality for the money.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Graco Stanton crib and ikea dresser
  • I'm ordering the Blythe collection off PB Baby! So cute!
  • louisewclouisewc member
    edited June 2014
    We got our crib from kalon studios, the caravan crib.  So happy with it.  Converts to toddler platform bed, but currently we have (not recommended by manufacturer, but we find it totally safe), one side of the rail off, and lowered platform to floor, so it's an awesome transition.

We got the 'mini library' bookcase from oeuf be good.  It took some time to off-gas, about a month actually, after new babe had arrived, so I was not happy about that. :S  But now we like it a lot.

And we got this little bookcase, which we really like: 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"