April 2014 Moms
Options

Eclipse- who's up watching?

For once pregsomnia is helpful. I'm chilling on my porch staring at the moon.

Anyone else? Where are ya? What are the sky conditions?

I'm in SE WA state and we've got thin, patchy clouds. I can hear frogs to the south and a highway to the north. The air is cool with a slight breeze. My apartment complex is VERY quiet.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
April 14 August Siggy Challenge- "This time last year.."

Re: Eclipse- who's up watching?

• Options
    I'm up watching in Anchorage, AK.  Can't blame pregsomnia, since it is only 10:15 here.  Almost no clouds in the sky, and it is not completely dark yet.  It is cool, but not cold, and almost no breeze.  We're watching X-Men First Class, and checking on the moon every 20 minutes.  Our neighborhood is really quiet too.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Options
    We wanted to see it, even timed our feeding so we could. Freaking clouds though. :( Were in MT.
    What part of Montana?  (I went to college at Rocky Mountain College in Billings, my brother went to U of M.)
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in PA and too many clouds, can't see anything! :(
  • Options
    Hey thin veil of clouds- GTFO.
    Agh. I can see the eclipse but not the red....

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
    MC June 27, 2013   BFP #2 August 2, 2013   Baby Boy born 4/25/14 (3 weeks overdue!)
  • Options
    pineconey said:
    Can you see the red star (??) to the north east of the moon?? Is that a planet? (Mars?) or a star?? ETA: it IS mars. Downloaded a sky map app... (Pushes up nerd glasses)
    OMG I love sky map (cant remember what one I have!) 

I also cant say I'm staying up, its 6:45pm on Tuesday night here, but alas full cloud cover, cant even see the moon let alone that its red. 

Damn it!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    I still have it clear, but I can't see the red yet.  I do see Mars though.  Hoping we're keeping an eye on it through the window and trees, and will run out as it gets to total eclipse stage.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    image  image image

• Options
    So pissed that it got cloudy. Good thing I had DH go to bed (told him I would wake him if it got awesome). Debating how long to hold out... I'm comfy outside and reorganizing my Pinterest boards and over analyzing my bodily functions.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    knotty-girlknotty-girl member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for reminding me! I just went out and saw it! It's so cool, rusty red! (12:05 am on West Coast)
  • Options
    Andddd I give up. I'd rather be snuggling my DH than staring at an empty black sky.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    So glad you posted this! I would have totally forgot to look. As soon as I get this baby off my boob I'll check it out - an astronomical wonder makes being awake right now a little less exhausting (right????). Hopefully it's not too cloudy here in Portland...
  • Options
    N. IL here. SO just got hone from work and and when I greeted him I saw the moon....so red! Id go outside but we got snow earlier and its kinda cold out.
  • Options
    MissWhis said:

So glad you posted this! I would have totally forgot to look. As soon as I get this baby off my boob I'll check it out - an astronomical wonder makes being awake right now a little less exhausting (right????). Hopefully it's not too cloudy here in Portland...

Isn't it always cloudy in Portland? ;)

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options
    In the Bay Area here. The fog cleared out just in time for the complete eclipse and we have had a great view of the blood moon. I think it looks like a ping pong ball!
  • Options
    Too cloudy here in NorCal. Was woken up by contractions and hoped to have another reason to be up. Now just annoyed with my cranky ute.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    Northern IL here and just looked out.. Still a third eclipsed but no coloring! @elf2718 - I cannot believe that snow!! Almost a whiteout on my way home from work earlier! So crazy!!!
    Married: 2012 --- BFP: 2013 - Little Miss arrived: 2014 --- BFP #2: 2015 - EDD: 2/2016 (Team Green)
  • Options
    @Soon2bStaff‌ it was nuts! So frustrated with this crazy weather. Smh. I want the LO to enjoy a nice day when he arrives...not winter like temps!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    pineconey said:
    For once pregsomnia is helpful. I'm chilling on my porch staring at the moon. Anyone else? Where are ya? What are the sky conditions? I'm in SE WA state and we've got thin, patchy clouds. I can hear frogs to the south and a highway to the north. The air is cool with a slight breeze. My apartment complex is VERY quiet.
    @pineconey Where is SE WA are you from? I grew up in Spokane! Unfortunately we only saw snow here in Kentucky. Gotta love the midwest in April...
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    I watched it from drive way in Orlando. It was gorgeous not a cloud near it. Thank you pregsomnia.
  • Options
    I watched it too in South Florida. Light clouds that cleared up, but muggy as heck.
  • Options

pineconey said:

For once pregsomnia is helpful. I'm chilling on my porch staring at the moon.

Anyone else? Where are ya? What are the sky conditions?

I'm in SE WA state and we've got thin, patchy clouds. I can hear frogs to the south and a highway to the north. The air is cool with a slight breeze. My apartment complex is VERY quiet.

@pineconey Where is SE WA are you from? I grew up in Spokane! Unfortunately we only saw snow here in Kentucky. Gotta love the midwest in April...

I'm FROM michigan. Currently residing in the tri city area. :) I will never be from here.

BFP #1 May 20, 2013   
  • Options

@Twirple‌ , Butte. We've been stationed here for 3.5 yrs now. Were on our way out at the end of May. We loved billings, wish it hadn't been so far

I'm in Butte!
  • Options
    @Twirple‌ , Butte. We've been stationed here for 3.5 yrs now. Were on our way out at the end of May. We loved billings, wish it hadn't been so far
    I'm in Butte!
    I've driven through Butte a lot, but never spent time there.  Spent some time in Missoula, Bozeman and Wibaux.  I love Montana, beautiful state.  If I were to move, I would want to move back there.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    image  image image

• Options
    Anybody take a pic to post?
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    ksulli said:
    Anybody take a pic to post?
    It is a bad cell phone picture, but here you go!

Chase was born 4/23/2011
    image  image image

• Options
    I tried but got blackness. Here are some great photos though: https://jezebel.com/stunning-images-from-last-nights-blood-moon-1563352364

I feel so lucky because I remembered early on and then forgot closer to the right time.  Then Pineconey posted this thread (thanks!) and I ran out there thinking it was too late (just after midnight PST) and it was perfect, like the first and second pics.  Called out DH and he got to see it too!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, so who are the blood moon babies? Trigger labor for anyone?
  • Options

Oh yeah, so who are the blood moon babies? Trigger labor for anyone?

I went into labor yesterday around 3pm. Gave birth to my baby boy at 1:44am this morning! I'm saying a lunar eclipse birthday is waay cooler and more memorable than a tax day birthday :p.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in Butte!
    i was born in Butte! Wow...finding out there are so many ladies from where I've been. Makes me super homesick because now I'm in Kentucky (@pineconey I will NEVER be from here...and I totes understand the Tri Shitties...I mean, Cities...)

Anyone have awesome pictures of the POS blood moon that did nothing to induce labor?
    September Siggy Challenge: Singing in the Shower

• Options
    It's snowing right now. Springtime in Montana ;)
  • Options
    Was kindly waken by lo at 1130 pm for feeding. Feed lo and then husband and I went outside to see the red moon through the pines on our deck. Dh said it might be kind of freaky if someone didn't know a Red moon was supposed to take place : ). It was pretty cool to see. Thanks lo for waking me : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"