Parenting
Options

So I think I made a mommy friend IRL

I met her at the playground. She seemed nice and friendly. But there's a catch. Her kids are named Jake and Sofia. Like the Disney channel pirate and princess. I shouldn't panic, right ? This isn't a super serious red flag?

My DH has cousins that named their twins Kendall and Jackson ( like the wine) and they are fairly normal...

can't get the ticker to work, but I have two sons:

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv

Re: So I think I made a mommy friend IRL

• Options
    I believe both shows are fairly new so if her kids are older than 2 she probably had no idea. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How old are her kids?  

JTNP came out early 2011
    STF came out early 2013
    3.5 ( Jake) and turning 1 yr ( Sofia). I'm going to assume coincidence. There were like 4 Jakes on the playground today. My youngest is named Roman, and someone once asked if I named him after a character on True Blood and I was super insulted. So I'm going to not make any assumptions and just be cool...

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I named my son after a TV character and I have no regrets...

• Options
    It's mostly a TIC post. She seemed super nice. I'll update if her house is full on Disney jr tho or she dresses like a princess on our play date. :p

Baby RJ, born 1/25/2014

Formerly Twilightmv
  • Options
    Same.

• Options
    My daughter is loosely named after a TV character as well. 

• Options
    Real life Mommy friends are tough to come by--it would take quite an odd name to be a deal-breaker for me. Congrats on making a grown up friend!  
  • Options
    minervacullenminervacullen member
    edited April 2014
    My DH specifically chose the spelling for our DD because he thinks the actress is hot /:) He will try to counter that 2 Ls is German and we have a German last name, so it matches, but I know the real reason. ;) Her name is Milla. To be fair I wanted to name her other names based off of books. Like Luna, Rose, Lilly... Wonder where I got those names :D

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Options
    My DD is named after a small town 350 miles south of me... andplusalso, I love the name :)
  • Options
    As long as you don't pick your friends based on their name choices, you'll be fine.

photo photosig3_zps92919c91.jpg Just said good bye Sept. 19th (MMC at 12 weeks)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"