July 2014 Moms
Options

feeling weird after glucose test..

Hello ladies,

I've been feeling light headed and dizzy since drinking my glucose drink for my gd test. Is this normal? Does this mean I am more likely to fail?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: feeling weird after glucose test..

• Options
    I felt like crap the rest of the day last week after mine. I tried to drink lots of water and went for a nice long walk later in the day. I had a nasty headache that lasted all day- my body is not used to all that sugar!
    I passed, with a nice score of 85.

Mommy to R (8.23.11) and K (6.21.14).

• Options
    Meh I've been feeling like crap all day since mine too. I've been really sleepy and kind of out of it. I felt like this after DD as well and passed the 1 hr with no trouble. Hoping for a repeat!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it may be normal. I felt the same. It's just so much sugar, makes you feel like shit!! Call your doc if it's really bothering you. I had to drink water little by little afterwards.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    I did when I was tested at 12 weeks. I'm allergic to the dye in it but its not severe and my only option. So nausea and headaches for me. Like a hangover is the best way to describe it.
  • Options
    I had mine this morning and immediately after drinking it, I felt awkward. I felt almost like I was drunk, out of it. I asked the guy when he brought me back if that was normal and he said it isn't uncommon and I felt better when I left. I ate a junk fast food lunch on my way back to work and now I feel miserable :(
    I will go home after work and force myself to get on the elliptical for a bit to see if that makes me feel better. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I passed and I felt the same way so I think it's normal. It's a lot of sugar so you're bound to feel funky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    I felt just fine after my one hour and failed. So I wouldn't take how you're feeling as any indication towards pass/fail.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've got a killer headache and am so tired right now after my test this morning....hopefully we both feel better later on
  • Options
    My last pregnancy, the only day I called out from work the entire pregnancy was the day of my gd test. I felt horrible afterwards. 

I think it's normal for some. 

User Banned You have been banned from posting on the forums until 01-11-2165 8:18 AM. The reason for this ban is Inappropriate Links or Signature. Please return to participate in the forums after the ban has elapsed.
  • Options
    I failed today and have to go for the 3 hour, but noted feeling "low" after the second hour nearing third after (shaky, unfocused, weird) I'm very tired now. I think I will pass the 3 hour, but... Sucks I failed.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I felt that way after mine last time and I passed. That glucola shit is evil.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for responding, I am glad I'm not the only one.  One of my coworkers told me it helps to eat and to drink lots of water to flush it out.  I grabbed some fast food (I hate that it resorted to that but I desperately needed something in my system fast).  

Sorry if this topic was previously talked about I searched but didn't see anything on my phone. 

Ladies who will be doing this soon I suggest bringing some peanut butter crackers eat afterwards.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I felt that way and had a super low reading of 68. (I also feel that way if I haven't eaten in awhile- I verge on hypoglycemic).  I'm sure you passed just fine!
    DSC_1342
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    I felt like shit after last time, but my numbers were perfect. I think it just is that you are getting so much more glucose than your body is used to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"