December 2011 Moms

Easter

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Easter

• We are going to an Easter egg hunt on Sat at a local park and then church on Sunday. DD still doesn't know what's going on. Every holiday I keep thinking this will be the first one she understands but no.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • We celebrated easter this past weekend because my husband is working on Easter and a lot of my family is leaving town. We did the egg hunt, dyed eggs, and the Easter bunny came and she loved it. I'm not sure how much she understands, but she really gets into it all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are staying home for Easter, going to church then my sister and her husband will come over for brunch or something. We did a easter hunt in our basement over the weekend with my dad and he kind of got it and got excited, we'll do it again this weekend. I don't think he gets holidays yet either but I keep hearing this Christmas will be a blast when he's almost 3. Not sure on what to make for Easter yet, I just had an exhausting week of turning 30 (boo!) and DS got baptized Sunday so lot's of family at the house, today is the first day it's been quiet since Thursday and it's very weird.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• -T--T- member
    He doesn't know what's going on. We're going to my parents for church and lunch. My mom hides eggs in the yard and takes a family picture. She bought my nieces new dresses and I kinda guilted her into buying shirts for the boys, too lol. There are 3 girls and 6 boys so I get why she does it!
  • We are not religious, so we are not really "celebrating" Easter. 

We are going to an Easter egg hunt on Good Friday and then do our own egg hunt in our yard with Alex on Sunday. I haven't even planned anything to eat for that day yet, but might look for something nice at the store tomorrow. :-)
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• We went to an Easter egg scramble at the zoo on Saturday. DD2 totally knows who the Easter bunny is and that he brings eggs and other treats. We're dying eggs on Saturday and will do a hunt on Sunday morning. And the Easter bunny will bring baskets, of course. I don't know what else we're doing. We don't have family in town, so whatever we do it's just the 4 of us.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We will be coloring eggs for the first time Saturday, but we will probably only do like 6 eggs. Then I will hide them, along with some plastic ones, around the living room Sun morning before he gets up. Then he'll also have this Easter basket with a little candy.

We'll be going to a brunch that morning too with DH's family, then out to dinner that night with mine. My dad is coming to town from CA. He has never met either of my 2 boys so I'm super excited for them to meet Grandpa. I haven't seen my dad since our wedding in 2010, so I'm just super excited all around. :)

My 2 December boys

• My two totally get Easter and all the hype. My oldest will be 4 next month, so he's all about the Easter bunny and all of the goodies that come with it, and even the religious meaning since we've read the bible stories and such. And ds2 has kind of figured it out from him and talks about the Easter bunny, even though we haven't been to 'see' him this year. We saw a rabbit in the yard and they are convinced it was the Easter bunny scouting where to leave their baskets! Ds2 insists he wants an 'Easter bunny' in his basket, so he has a stuffed one lol. I plan on doing 'bunny tracks' with powder on the lawn and eggs leading to their baskets that morning. We have 3 family Easter egg hunts going on this weekend (2 Saturday, one being a glow in the dark bonfire party for the kids, and 1 Sunday with family friends) and will be dying eggs probably tomorrow evening or Friday. The boys are super excited for the egg dying and seem to remember the egg hunts from last year, as they've already been asking if we are hunting eggs again this year lol. But most of ds2's excitement comes from big bro talking about it. Still, he's been very clear about what he wants in his Easter basket (Easter bunny, Spider-Man and candy lol). But we usually make a big deal about all holidays as I love to decorate and do crafts with the boys. We've made Easter crafts all week.

As far as food, after my surgery, I'm still pretty far out of commission and weak, so I've been cleared of cooking and just plan to attend and spectate at these events. We will be going to church on Sunday as well for the first time since my surgery. Easter has always been a huge deal in our family for the kids since I was tiny, so I love carrying on the traditions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"