December 2011 Moms
Options

Kindergarten

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Kindergarten

• Options
    I don't know the exact date but it's August/sept so she will be a kindergartener in 2017. She is starting Montessori school this fall and will go there for kindergarten and switch to public school for 1st grade. DS is a May birthday so he will only be one yr behind her in school.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    I don't know the exact date but it's August/sept so she will be a kindergartener in 2017. She is starting Montessori school this fall and will go there for kindergarten and switch to public school for 1st grade. DS is a May birthday so he will only be one yr behind her in school.
    2017 here too.  In Florida the cutoff is September 1st I believe so DS will be 5 years and 8 months when starting K.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    2017 here too.  In Florida the cutoff is September 1st I believe so DS will be 5 years and 8 months when starting K.  
    Same here, I'll have DS go to preschool for 2 years and he'll be almost 6 when he starts kindergarten which I'm ok with since I've heard boys are usually behind anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    -T--T- member
    I think our cutoff is September. DS will have 3 years of preschool so hopefully he'll be caught up, otherwise we may hold him back. We'll see I suppose.
  • Options
    I haven't even thought about this yet, oops. 

But from all that you wrote here, Alex will start in 2017, too, since cutoff here is September. 
    DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    This. DS#2 will be born in August so he will make the cut off when he starts.  So basically DS#1 will be very old and DS#2 will be very very young.

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    The cutoff is Sept 1 here too...  The private schools will fudge a little if the birthday is in the first half of September and the kid is testing at grade level...  That said - better older than younger when starting.. From what a lot of teacher friends have said - there's an advantage to being older when the year starts than younger.  OTOH, it also depends a lot on personality...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The rule here is that they must be 5 when school starts so G will definitely not start until 2017, which I am not thrilled about since I am a december baby too and was more than ready to start kindergarten at 4 years 8 months old.  Also He started Pre-school two weeks ago and that means he will be in preschool for like 3.5 years?1?

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options
  • Options
    Yeah DD is going to go to preschool 3yrs but DS will only go 2yrs.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    designer303designer303 member
    edited April 2014
    mtb21 said:

The rule here is that they must be 5 when school starts so G will definitely not start until 2017, which I am not thrilled about since I am a december baby too and was more than ready to start kindergarten at 4 years 8 months old.  Also He started Pre-school two weeks ago and that means he will be in preschool for like 3.5 years?1?

This is kind of where I'm at too. I think he will be ready in 2016 and selfishly for me I think it will be cheaper than another year of daycare. Preschool here starts in the fall but I didn't want to start him this fall if it meant 3 years of preschool. I'm also assuming he has to be potty trained for preschool and he still has no interest. Ughh! I am such a planner, I hate this.
    Luckily our preschool did not require potty training, because we are no where near that either.

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Options

@mtb21 - Is Dec 31st a statewide thing? or does it vary by district?  I haven't found anything about the cut off date for ours, but since I know you are in MN too, that is why I ask. :)

My 2 December boys

• Options
    This is kind of where I'm at too. I think he will be ready in 2016 and selfishly for me I think it will be cheaper than another year of daycare. Preschool here starts in the fall but I didn't want to start him this fall if it meant 3 years of preschool. I'm also assuming he has to be potty trained for preschool and he still has no interest. Ughh! I am such a planner, I hate this.
    Luckily our preschool did not require potty training, because we are no where near that either.

Ours requires 100% independent pottying.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    I totally get that. I am sending her to preschool early a little bit for me, for socialization and so I can do some things with DS just the 2 of us. I think it will be good for everyone.

#1 born December 2011
    #2 born May 2013
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    Leap08Leap08 member
    edited April 2014
    I think in the US there are only a few states that have a later than Sept 1 cutoff. I'm really glad I don't have to make this decision. DD1 is 4 and I think she would do fine if she was starting kindergarten in the fall, but she's not (Nov birthday) and I'm really okay with that. I just can't wrap my mind around sending a 4 year old to kindergarten, and, looking further on down the line, I really can't imagine sending a 17 year old off to college.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It's either Sept 1 or Oct 1 so DD won't make the cutoff anyway.  She'll start Sept 2017.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    In Florida our cutoff is Sept 1st so DS will start Kindergarten august 2017. We have voluntary pre-k here that starts at 4 yrs old and is free. Most daycares offer this. Otherwise preschool starts at 3 and is just part of the regular daycare program.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    2017 here as well. The majority of US states have a cutoff before Oct 1, and I really don't want DS1 going off to college being a full year-plus younger than almost half his classmates. 

~ Married 10.30.04 ~
    DS1 born 12.31.11 ~ DS2 born 2.4.14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"