Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

temper tantrums at meal time

Anybody else dealing with this already? My dd who use to eat just about everything we put in front of her has now started throwing temper tantrums at meal time if she doesn't like the food we give her.  She flat out refuses some foods and will spit them out or not even try them at all anymore even if it is something she use to like. She will be a year old this month and I didn't think this started until they were closer to 2! I don't want her to go hungry but at the same time I don't want her thinking it's ok to scream until she gets something she wants. So frustrating!

Re: temper tantrums at meal time

• Options
    Is she going thru a wonder week right now? DS started one last week & he's been refusing naps. They start learning all kinds of things & don't have any control over their emotions. I've been reading about this in the Harvery Karp Happiest Toddler on the block.

Was your due date around this time lat yr? If so, wonder week :)
  • Options
    We are technically in a sunny period right now.  Her bday is the 23rd and we have 2 days until the next wonder leap phase.  It started a few weeks ago with her refusing to eat breakfast and has gradually gotten worse and worse.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Bizzy80 said:

We are technically in a sunny period right now.  Her bday is the 23rd and we have 2 days until the next wonder leap phase.  It started a few weeks ago with her refusing to eat breakfast and has gradually gotten worse and worse.  

I wouldn't push it, personally. Even 2 year olds refuse food sometimes. If she's on formula or BM, that's enough to give her nutrients.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"