Adoption

Weekly Check-in April 14

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

3.) AR-QOTW - Open adoption, closed, undecided?

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - Did you get a tax refund or did you owe? 

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014

Re: Weekly Check-in April 14

• 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

PAP foster to adopt

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!

Waiting, waiting, waiting.   I hope to hear by the end of the week that our profile is ready to be reviewed.  In the meantime I have been collecting photos to make a photo book to give to the kid(s) to help with the transition. 

It will depend on what is best for the kid(s).   We will take feedback from the CW, and foster family before deciding.   

We owed this year.  I have the check written sitting in my purse and am putting off going to the post office for as long as possible.  

Started foster to adopt application process January 2014
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with? DAI Adoptive Mom

2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!  We got our court date set for finalization!  It is so nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Last weekend we threw an adoption party to celebrate and it was really  nice how many friends and family came to meet the LO.

3.) AR-QOTW - Open adoption, closed, undecided? Open.  We text, email & share photos every few days and meet up about ever other month.  

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - Did you get a tax refund or did you owe? Thanks to our new LO we got a refund this year!  Not much, but hey, it helps!

TTC #1 9/11-12/12, 9/12 Dx: Hypothyroid + DOR (AMH .76), IUI #1 & #2 BFN's
    1/13 Decided to pursue DIA, 4/13 Home study Approved 9/13 Matched!
    10/13 DS home with us! 2/14 TPR completed  5/14 ADOPTION IS FINAL!
    3/14 Surprise BFP 11/14 DD is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

DIA - future adoptive mama!

Waiting... still. The time is going by fast, but there aren't too many days that I don't hold out hope that we MIGHT hear something. Anything. Waiting is truly the hardest part of all of this!

We want an open adoption. It will all depend on the best needs of the child(ren) as to how often/when we see them but I really pray hard for a healthy open adoption! 

We owed... $3.00... yup that was a fun check to write! 

Began the Adoption process 4/2013
    Home study Approved 12/2013
    .... and the wait begins! 

• Hello everyone - this is my first check in.  I hope you will have me over here. :)

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?

We are very new to adoption.  We have been going through infertility treatments but began looking into adoption a few months ago.  We have our first face to face meeting with an agency on Thursday and have submitted our paperwork to another agency this past week.  

Still very new but looking forward to getting to the frustrated part, then it will most likely feel real! :)

3.) AR-QOTW - Open adoption, closed, undecided?  Most likely open adoption.

4.) Non-AR-QOTW - Did you get a tax refund or did you owe?  N/A yet.

Siggy Warning... loss mentioned

Married since March 2008 -- Me- 31    DH - 30  Trying to grow our family since 2009... Diagnosed Unexplained Infertility 

Started seeing RE Aug 2013

Cycle #1  – IUI #1  10.31.13 - BFN

Cycle #2 - IUI #2 cancelled – FAIL

Cycle #3 - IUI #2 12.27.13  BFN

Cycle #4 -  IUI #3 1.24.14  BFN

Cycle #5 - IVF #1 with ICSI(2 3bb blasts) 3.19.14, no frosties.. BFN

Surprise BFP on 6.10.14 ... Miscarried 7.7.14 

Walked away from Fertility Treatments and began to look into our Foster/Adopt License in April 2014.

Our Journey Blog...  http://salatafamilyest2008.blogspot.com/

• 1.) PAP via DIA.

2.) Waiting and waiting and waiting.  I emailed our SW today to just check up on everything to see where we are... haven't heard back yet but it's only been a few hours.

3.) Open - 2 visits a year + pictures, emails, texts, etc. is what we're hoping for.

4.) We got our refund back in February and promptly put it into our savings account and we plan on using that once LO arrives and I become a SAHM.

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • 1) foster to adopt
    2) tomorrow our SW is actually going to her monthly meeting with the local SWs and will offically announce us as a certified and ready foster couple! Hopefully we will start getting some profiles of children waiting!!
    3) willing to do anything as long as it's right for the child.
    4) I'm self employed and always owe... Thank god for extensions !
    Me 34 and DH 39 married in aug. 2002
    Did 5 round of clomid 2010 =BFN
     High levels of NK CELLS DX sept.2012 DOR:# 0.02 
    IVF #1 May 2012  ER 4, EF 2, ET 2 =BFN
    MINI IVF Oct.2012  Cancelled 10-27-12
    Ivf #3 Antagonist Protocol April 2013
    Shared cycle..Donor cycled in July Got 12 eggs 9 fertilized and 8 frozen!!
    DE FET #1 Sept. 3rd 2013 FIRST BFP EVER 5dp5dt
    miscarried Sept 24th at 5 weeks 5 days
    Etopic  D&C and hysterscopy Nov 5 2013
    dx with pre genetic blood clotting dec 2013
    FET #2 Jan 31st  2014 
    Miscarried for a second time again at 5 weeks 5 days
    Currently fostering to adopt an amazing little 1 year old boy..P.J!
    FET#3  is Oct 29th 2014
    BFN on fet #3
    Last and FINAL FET coming JAN 28th 2015
    Everyone Welcome

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • m5858m5858 member

1.) How are you related to adoption/fostering and what type (DIA, IA, Foster to Adopt, etc) are you involved with?  >>  PAP in DIA 
    2.) Where are you in the process?  Any accomplishments or set backs?  Feel free to vent!  >>  Getting ready for our home study on May 7th. 
    3.) AR-QOTW - Open adoption, closed, undecided?  >>  We checked semi-open or open on our application.
    4.) Non-AR-QOTW - Did you get a tax refund or did you owe?  >>  We got money back. It helped us to pay for our home study fee.

• 1) Adoptive mama, DIA
    2) working to schedule our third post-placement visit, need to send the attorney our fee for finalization services
    3) we have an open adoption. We text about once a week and are currently meeting once a month or so. The relationship is still new and placement was non-traditional, so it feels a bit forced and awkward.
    4) we owed this year.
  • 1. DA or NLRFTA
    2. We have two more classes and then we move on the our first aid/CPR/medication training, interviews and home visit. No vents this week, I don't think.
    3. We would prefer a closed because of our bio child but we are open to minimal contact and somewhat undecided in our own definition of that so far.
    4. We got a refund.
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

• aligross said:

Waiting... still. The time is going by fast, but there aren't too many days that I don't hold out hope that we MIGHT hear something. Anything. Waiting is truly the hardest part of all of this!

^^^ I am the same way!!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)

Been waiting as a DIA prospective parent and currently about to transfer adopted embryos next month!

^^ Thats awesome!!!!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • 1) A-mom

2) We are matched and waiting for baby in July. We have setbacks sometimes with the baby's mother because she's going through a lot but we are keeping the faith

3) Open but I have a feeling the birth parents may end up leaning more towards semi-open after the birth

4) We are waiting on a small refund

We are currently foster parents.  We are licensed foster/adopt but our current placement will most likely be reunified soon (and we are thrilled for him).

Right now we are fostering and waiting.  We aren't sure what is next for us.

Last year we had a failed open adoption which has skewed our view a little.  We know there are so many benefits to an open adoption but our situation has placed us in the undecided category at this point.

We got a refund!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"