3rd Trimester
Options

Any teachers out there who can recommend comfy footwear?

My danskos are no longer getting it done! Ty!

Re: Any teachers out there who can recommend comfy footwear?

• Options
    I'm a vet tech and constantly on my feet all day. I wear nothing but Birkenstocks. They come in so many styles and form to your feet. I've had no issues with swelling except the styles that completely encompass my feet (for some reason, the medical crocs don't behave the same way). Don't know why the difference.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
                image image image
  • Options
    apmomapmom member
    Thanks! I wish I could wear birks but they are not allowed in my district :( crocs neither....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My feet are so swollen that I now wear my black reef flip flops to work with my black dress pants or dress lol.  Nothing I can do about it.. 
  • Options
    All the new Sketchers "Go Walk" line are suuuuuper comfy. Nobody here cares if I wear casual shoes while I'm pregnant, but I got the black slip-ons with the black soles and I wear them with my nicer black pants and it looks better than wearing actual athletic shoes. But there's also lace-up ones and other styles that look cuter, and I think they're all comfy.

BabyFruit Ticker 

image image image image image
    Married since June 2012
    EDD May 2014
  • Options
    I love my Naturalizer ballet flats. Clarke's also makes good ones. I recently started wearing shoes very similar to these ones by Sketchers and like them a lot. They are super light, too:

https://www.skechers.com/style/13709/skechers-gosleek-gala/bbk

I can't find the exact style but it's almost identical to that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wear my tennis shoes every day with my dress pants :) I know it's not cute but I don't care at this point! Lol

• Options
    I am also a teacher and vet tech. We have to dress up for teaching so I just wear flats. I usually do anyway. I have noticed some are more comfortable than others.

I try to sit whenever I can plus we have two teachers so much easier.

When I was teching we could not wear crocks. Not allowed.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited April 2014
    apmom said:
    Thanks! I wish I could wear birks but they are not allowed in my district :( crocs neither....
    Not a teacher but used to work on my feet all day.

As in crocs in any form or crocs in standard clog form?

Crocs were banned in my work too but I had the ballet-flats kind and got away with it for a year before I left - https://www.6pm.com/crocs-mammoth-flat-pomegranate-pomegranate

A quick google for crocs flats can show you the various designs.
  • Options
    I'm a teacher and I have been living in my Toms. I have three pairs in different colors and they pass as acceptable shoes.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    sketchers elite with memory foam.
  • Options
    apmomapmom member
    No crocs :( no sneakers, no toms. My district is very picky. Even for a huge pregnant lady!
  • Options
    darkangel42darkangel42 member
    edited April 2014
    apmom said:
    No crocs :( no sneakers, no toms. My district is very picky. Even for a huge pregnant lady!
    even if they don't look like them? Your district is mean :(
  • Options
    I teach 2nd grade so I'm on my feet all day long. I love Born shoes... super comfy and you never need to go through the "breaking in" phase. 
    DH & I: 29
    TTC #1 4/2009 -  DD 2/5/10
    TTC #2 since October 2011
    2IF issues
    7/2013 - IUI #1: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFN
    8/2013 - IUI #2: 50 units Follistim +  Ovidrel  = BFP! Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45  Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. 1st Ultrasound 9/4 - One perfect sac. 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Anniversary  

• Options
    Toms for me! I have carpet in my room too so towards the end of the day I've been taking off my shoes. Yup, f shoes! Sorry, that doesn't help you but it feels so good! My kinders think I'm crazy but I don't care....
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Im rocking my Crocs Mammoth flats today - not cute, but comfy for sure. I also love Birks, and my Sanuks. But I usually suck up my "more cute but less comfy" black ballet flats, and just try to sit often. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Terrasoles! They are heaven!
  • Options
    hsalhsal member
    Buy extra insoles from Target/Walmart, etc and add them to your shoes. That has worked best for me.
  • Options
    I didn't work in radiology (crazy on your feet ALL day) when I was pregnant but I did have awful tendinitis, and Born brand shoes were the best!!!! I'd absolutely grab a pair,,, you may even find them at Marshall's! mine were total grandma shoes & I loved em til they were just so worn that they had to go :( but they have different styles. check em out!

• Options
    I wear sandals or Toms.   Your district sounds mean about the footwear.  Do you think they would really say anything to you if you wore them?
  • Options
    apmomapmom member
    Yes I do unfortunately. There was a teacher on my team who broke her toe and came in in sneakers. Before the day was out we had a memo on appropriate footwear and it specified "injury and pregnancy" as things that were not excuses to avoid the policy on footwear. I'm not tenured and want to keep my job.j
  • Options
    apmom said:
    Yes I do unfortunately. There was a teacher on my team who broke her toe and came in in sneakers. Before the day was out we had a memo on appropriate footwear and it specified "injury and pregnancy" as things that were not excuses to avoid the policy on footwear. I'm not tenured and want to keep my job.j
    @apmom

OMG I cant believe that.  what if she had a boot on from the Dr and could not wear shoes, that is horrible.  We have a dress code too but they would not be that mean.  I am so sorry

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(

• Options
    I would love to get shoes but the names that people have mentioned. OMG the price, I cant afford $100 for a pair of shoes :(

• Options
    I would love to get shoes but the names that people have mentioned. OMG the price, I cant afford $100 for a pair of shoes :(
    Outlets and DSW are your friends. That's where all of mine are from.
  • Options
    Try ebay for new/new without box - it can save you a small fortune sometimes

I know Ive said this already but would they seriously grump about crocs Mammoths? they just look like flat shoes! No holes in or clogs shape
  • Options
    apmomapmom member
    I know, I work for a school that majors in the minors... Ridiculous. 
  • Options
    Is there a Walking Company near you? They have lots of comfy shoes. They're pricey but they generally will give you a small discount if you tell them they're for work. Or ask if they offer a teacher discount.
    You can also check out a website called footprints.com. They mainly deal with birkenstock closeouts, BUT they also have closeouts from other manufacturers. You maybe be able to find non contraband footwear there ;) good luck!
  • Options
    I love, love, love the shoes I've purchased from the Walking Company.  If you don't have a store near you to measure you with their high-tech machine, you can still shop their online store.  They're on the pricier side, but a $100 pair of shoes that don't kill your feet at the end of the day are completely worth the splurge (or sacrifice of other non-essentials).  You may get a discount if you sign up for their e-mail postings.

I totally understand the non-tenured fear, but you may want to double-check your contract or talk to a union rep to be sure it's not allowed to wear certain types of shoes (especially if they follow the closed-toe, back-strapped & secure, style of shoe that can work in any type of emergency situation).  I've discovered that some principals have chosen to create non-contract "rules" because they like their staff to look a certain way to the public.  Even if you need to conform for now, it might be good info to have for future reference. 

Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    apmomapmom member
    I think it's just sandals/clogs. I actually haven't seen these before...
  • Options

I do like DSW!!!!

Outlets and DSW are your friends. That's where all of mine are from.

• Options
    Clarks. Comfy and dressy.
    image Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Depends on your schools dress code, but I was allowed to wear my Payless moccasins. They are fur lined and feel like slippers but look cute. They were the only things that would fit my fat, swollen feet. I don't know with the weather changing if these will work for you.
  • Options
    When I was teaching for my first pregnancy I bought clarks and they were awesome!  
  • Options
    *unlurk* Not a teacher, but I just bought these and they're really comfortable. I don't like crocs and I probably wouldn't wear these if my feet weren't crazy swollen, but I have actually gotten some compliments on them.

• Options
    apmom said:
    @apmom

OMG I cant believe that.  what if she had a boot on from the Dr and could not wear shoes, that is horrible.  We have a dress code too but they would not be that mean.  I am so sorry

That's so crazy! I can teach just fine if I'm wearing any shoes or not wearing them. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"