April 2014 Moms
Options

Nesting

My mom called me the other day just to ask if I was nesting yet. Well, no I'm not, but I'm also working a physical 12 hour days and am pretty tired. So question to all of you. Who had an insane nesting urge before labor? Who didn't have it? I remember scrubbing to bathroom floor before the last one, but other than that it wasn't crazy strong. What say you bumpies? Is nesting necessary? (My mom basically said labor wasn't possible without it, o think she forgets this isn't my first rodeo.)

Re: Nesting

• Options
    As a FTM I haven't really felt the nesting urge yet.  I'm a teacher/planner by nature so I feel that everything I've been doing lately has been pretty normal for me.  I'll get back to you on this one though.  maybe it just hasn't kicked in full force yet?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't have any urge to nest with DS.  DH was doing a lot of nesting that time around, but I was pretty content on the couch at the end of the day.

This time I'm nesting like crazy.  For the past two weeks I have been cleaning everything.  I even scrubbed the walls going up and down our stairs on Saturday because our dog likes to lean against them as he's going down and they get smudged.

DS was born at 39+4.  This one is 39+1 right now.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 40 +5 and possibly went thru a nesting stage around 38 or 39 weeks. I'm not working anymore, and literally doing anything to stay busy, not I'm pretty sure it's not nesting at this point.
  • Options
    I'm a clean freak by nature so when I tell people I'm vacuuming, doing dishes, dusting, or doing laundry my friends and coworkers are all "Aww, you're nesting"! No. I'm vacuuming because I have two hairy.dogs and its spring. I do dishes because I hate them lying around. I'm dusting because I have hardwood throughout.....and I need clean clothes! Grrr!
  • Options
    With DS I remember cleaning the house to the extreme but I still had him at 41+3. For me it didn't start as a need to clean more like I wanted to get active to hopefully induce labor- then went crazy with it.

Same thing happened today- I purposely set out to vacuumn, sweep, and mop the house (hipefully to get thigs going) but ended up cleaning it to the point of getting toothpicks out to clean the area around light switches.

Ill let you know if baby comes!

April 2014 May Siggy Challenge: Funny Animals- Kangaroo Mating Ritual

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    A few weeks ago I started like crazy which is more or less similar to non pregnancy when I go on cleaning binges. Then I got a cold. I'm perfectly content to watch say yes to the dress and nap on the couch now... If only the room would finish itself!
  • Options
    I go through phases...today I found myself vacuuming the back deck and scrubbing baseboards. My problem is I get really tired so it's just in spurts.
  • Options
    I've had little burst of it here and there. Mostly it was when bedrest ended and I could finally get stuff done. I felt REALLY accomplished going to the grocery store today- first time since Jan!
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Options
    I haven't been nesting, just getting stuff done. I'm still cutting corners like usual when doing my chores. ;) Yesterday (the day before my due date) I finally just organized the nursery. Mostly out of necessity, not any insane urge. I really hope nesting isn't a prereq for labor or I will definitely be the first woman to be pregnant forever, hah!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• Options
    I haven't even packed a bag yet.
    Mama to a little girl born July 2011 and a little boy born April 2014! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've made a list of things that need to get done, but it's really just general house cleaning stuff that I've been putting off.  The list so far is mostly for show, I could totally nap most of my day away.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I finally have people working on the basement (we meant to add a bathroom and finish the space a year ago). This must be normal for us. The last time I was pg, we renovated the house.

Today, i have to find a water heater. Yay :).

As far as nesting goes, i am a bit more minimal this time, no real nursery, but i did buy a dresser for the back office so i could put his clothes away (thank god for hand me downs :).

I hope everyone is well.

• Options
    I was induced, so I cleaned like crazy the few days before because 1) my mom was coming, 2) it's spring cleaning time and 3) I wouldn't be able to do it postpartum. Pretty sure that wasn't nesting.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    I feel like nesting could be described as... the baby is coming soon, we will need to have everything set up to care for her, and we will probably have visitors popping in a lot and I don't want my house looking dirty. Lol I don't necessarily WANT to do housework every single day but I don't want to come home after 2-3 days away to a sink full of dishes or a basket of dirty laundry! :-)
  • Options
    Pleasantsarg... Of all times...we have decided to finish our basement too...3 weeks ago hubby had me packing up the contents of our garage and basement and now the madness has begun!! I knowninwill appreciate the finished space when it is done...the timing is just a bit off for me!
  • Options
    Beezerbop said:
    Pleasantsarg... Of all times...we have decided to finish our basement too...3 weeks ago hubby had me packing up the contents of our garage and basement and now the madness has begun!! I knowninwill appreciate the finished space when it is done...the timing is just a bit off for me!

Two months before we had our first mu husband decided to build a new bathroom.....2.5 years and almost another baby later, we still don't have trim on or a door.....
  • Options

Beezerbop said:

Two months before we had our first mu husband decided to build a new bathroom.....2.5 years and almost another baby later, we still don't have trim on or a door.....

Good luck with getting it fixed. I have a few things here and there. I remember feeling like it was a major accomplishment to paint the trim along the stairs when DS was taking a nap.
    Btw- decided not to get a water heater today- yay! I saved some money and headache.

• Options
    I think i had the nesting urge about a month ago (due in 2 days now!), but since then it's just been wanting to organize things like i normally do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"