Parenting after 35
Options

Weather

I just have to say after a winter that felt like it was never going to end I am enjoying this super warm weather.  Yesterday we had the cousins over and did an egg hunt in the backyard, we dyed eggs and had a BBQ.  I was able to break out the shorts and everything!  LOVE it!!!  I have this week off from work so I get to spend the entire week with the kiddos.  It's a good day!!!

Hope you all had a great weekend.  Guennie- hope you get back home safely and that you had a wonderful visit with your family.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Weather

• Options
    Bragger!  Saturday was in the 80s here, yesterday was in the 70s with some storms.  This morning it snowed and will maybe get to 40 with 20mph wind gusts.  Enjoy your warm weather!
  • Options
    I made it home Friday. Looooong drive. It was a rough week, M and I both got sick and there was a bunch of drama with my dad. It was great to see my friends but I'm glad to be back home. Going solo wore me out.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Guennie - Hope everyone gets to feeling better quickly!  And that the father drama is over.
  • Options
    We are both improving, thanks! Unfortunately my dad did not get to meet his granddaughter and it really breaks my heart. I asked if they could meet us somewhere closer to where we were staying because she was sick and really tired of being in the car. We drove almost 500 miles just to get there and it was 45 minutes to get to my dad's from where we were. It was also really difficult for me trying to time everything to pump etc., especially when I started getting sick too.

Long story short, my dad refused to make any effort whatsoever, became angry and hung up on me then left me a horrible nasty voicemail. So I decided I was done. I tried. He has serious issues and obviously hasn't changed. He didn't even go to my grandma's funeral. It's just sad.

I am at a point in my life where I won't allow myself to be treated that way and I am not going to expose my daughter to it either. So as painful as it is, I'm just going to have to accept the situation for what it is. Sometimes closing the door is your only option.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Options

Oh no!!! I am so sorry about your Dad. That is unfortunate that he wouldn't be more flexible, especially since you don't live there anymore and both you and the baby were sick.

I hear ya about family drama. I believe we all have branches on our family tree that we would love to Lop off.  I know I do.  I am just sorry that it has to be your Dad that is being kinda sucky.  Glad you made it home safe and sound and are on the mend.

• Options
    It was 86 degrees Sunday, sunny and windy. A cold front came through and it snowed Monday morning. Gotta love Oklahoma (where the wind comes sweeping down the plains!).
  • Options
    LOL I spoke too soon as well. It was gorgeous up until today here in Jersey. It is rainy and windy and just yucky and is supposed to be in the 30s tomorrow. For God's sake!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"