Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

FAINT positive.

I took a ept and of course it blue dye, and with all the horror stories i know they are evil. but i have never had this problem before. There is a faint line that showed up within the allotted time, its actually showed up about a minute after, but i bought a cheapie from walmart with a red dye and they were negative. so im not sure whats going on not sure if its an "evap" line or what. i thought for sure it wasnt because it showed up in the amount of time it was supposed too.. im a week late now.

helppp me please..

Re: FAINT positive.

• Options
    WTF is wrong with that picture?
    Fucking bump!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would be more apt to believe your pink dye negatives than your blue dye positive. Like PP said, unless you are temping it's hard to say that you're a week late. Test again in the morning with a FRER, if it's positive move directly to 1st Tri...

Oh...and this site will be more than happy to review every pee test you have from now until eternity and squee over shit with you.
    Jan15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fails
    TTC Since 4/13 | Me: 28 DH: 29 | DX: PCOS + High T + Arcuate Uterus (11/13)
    Cycle #1+2 (4/13-6/13): Natural Cycles = BFN | Cycle #3+4 (6/13-11/13): Anovulatory (Provera)
    Cycle #5 (11/13-1/14): Femara + Clomid + Follistim = Cancelled | Cycle #6 (1/14-3/14): Benched
    Cycle #7 (3/14-4/14): Femara + Follistim + Estradiol + Pregnyl + Progesterone
    BFP: 4/22/14 | Due: 1/1/15 | TEAM BLUE!

• Options
    Could be that you are early and you used up all your hcg in your urine on the blue dye test and there was barely any left for your red one. Test in the moring with your first urine on a red dye.

baby development
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Ooohhh @DaBearsFanWife , would this be something we can start a thread for, like a drinking game?  That sounds like a shit ton of fun that I could really use now......

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    lilly1096lilly1096 member
    edited April 2014
    A couple things...

1. I didn't really want to see your pee stick, but now I can't unsee things.

2. That doesn't look like any regular EPT I've taken (others are more than welcome to correct me)

3. It does however look a lot like an EPT certainty digital test strip which you should NEVER EVER EVER TAKE APART as they're digital for a reason (to remove any uncertainty)....and now you should Google "second line on digital hpt" because from my research those always show two lines.
    | DH 29 - Me 26 - Married 2007 | 2 Kids - 2 Fur Babies | Baby #3 Due July 2015 |

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    janda426 said:
    Could be that you are early and you used up all your hcg in your urine on the blue dye test and there was barely any left for your red one. Test in the moring with your first urine on a red dye.
    Did someone send you here to screw with us?
    Is that not how it works? I figured that could be and issue since if she took one right after the other her urine wouldn't be concentrated like a first morning urine would be or after holding urine in for over 3 hours.

baby development
  • Options
    mommy2Cmommy2C member
    edited April 2014
    8411mommy said:

janda426 said:

8411mommy said:

Is that not how it works? I figured that could be and issue since if she took one right after the other her urine wouldn't be concentrated like a first morning urine would be or after holding urine in for over 3 hours.

--quote--

So you just can't articulate your thoughts clearly I guess.
  • Options
    mommy2C said:
    janda426 said:
    --quote-- So you just can't articulate your thoughts clearly I guess.
    Other than not expressing my thoughts clearly the first time. Am I right or wrong?

baby development
  • Options
    SliptakSliptak member
    edited April 2014
    I've never seen or heard of anyone taking a hpt apart *until now. I'm shocked and appalled. Why OP, just why??
    *edit for clarity
    My family so far!
    Peace, love, and happiness

• Options

We need to invent a game that we can play for these drive bys.

Drinking game? Haha it's early now but it's 5 somewhere
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• Options
    @MrsP924, Yep, that was my thought as well.  Take a drink if the person uses more than 1 exclamation point at a time, etc.  May be worth it's own thread on the Snarky TTC board... not sure on the etiquette of that :).

Married 9-1-12 (On Depo until 4-12)        Me- 33, DH- 36
    NTNP starting 9-12, Actively TTC since 9-13
    My DX- Hypothyroidism.  Prescribed Synthroid
    DH's DX- Severe MFI- first SA results: 1.3 mill (1.2 mill motile), 21.6% motility, 2% morphology
    Blood test revealed low testosterone so DH was prescribed Clomid.  Repeat blood test and SA in November.

• Options
    I'm with the rest of these ladies, why on Earth would you think to take the test apart? There isn't some hidden result under there...

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• Options
    I am confused by the picture behind the pee stick. Maybe OP is a budding artist and is just trying to show off her work... no. She is just crazy.
    LilMonk said:
    It makes me irrationally angry when someone takes apart a test, then posts it. I don't know why but I just want to slap them. I'm not usually a violent person. That is all.
    Ok I admit I totally take apart tests. I actually have a little tool I stole from my husband that I keep under the sink to do it. I know that are invalid though, I just like to see how different brands put the test together. That being said, I totally agree with you, it is crazy when people take it apart and then post it! because I can say from experience, with many brands a very negative test will get a second line when it is disassembled. The second line will fade though, and it normally isn't in the place it should be.
  • Options
    cramcakes said:
    PeanutRN said:
    I am confused by the picture behind the pee stick. Maybe OP is a budding artist and is just trying to show off her work... no. She is just crazy.
    LilMonk said:
    It makes me irrationally angry when someone takes apart a test, then posts it. I don't know why but I just want to slap them. I'm not usually a violent person. That is all.
    Ok I admit I totally take apart tests. I actually have a little tool I stole from my husband that I keep under the sink to do it. I know that are invalid though, I just like to see how different brands put the test together. That being said, I totally agree with you, it is crazy when people take it apart and then post it! because I can say from experience, with many brands a very negative test will get a second line when it is disassembled. The second line will fade though, and it normally isn't in the place it should be.

-------end quote------ .........dafuq?
    This. She will come back as another pee hoarder for sure.
    Wow that escalated quickly. I just like to see how things work and compare things to see how different brands really are from each other. My paralegal experience was for a patent attorney and I think it is so interesting to see what might be proprietary in products.  
  • Options
    You need help getting a clear positive on your HPT, right? Let me help you. Go to the drugstore. Put a FRER or some other pink dye test in your cart. Next, pick up a pink magic marker...
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ToryKate said:
    I just like to see how things work and compare things to see how different brands really are from each other. My paralegal experience was for a patent attorney and I think it is so interesting to see what might be proprietary in products.  
    When I first took one, I took it apart too. It's probably the chemist in me.
    Immunochromatographic Assays FTW!

Married June 2008 DD Born Nov 2011 TTC #2 Since March 2013
    4/8/2014 BFP ---- 4/10/14 c/p
    imageimage image
  • Options
    ToryKate said:
    happyhour73brettanomycesBrewgirl1980 I wasn't offended, I am married to an engineer so I KNOW I have picked up some weird habits, my IRL friends point things out to me every once in a while :) I appreciate it, a little self awareness is a beautiful thing!
    Now if you took it apart, made it into something else and posted it on the DIY board I would be impressed... Just kidding  :-)
    ha ha ha! Unfortunately my reassembly skills are not up to snuff, so I make sure it is something my husband can fix or is headed for the trash anyway.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    armywife1227armywife1227 member
    edited April 2014
    Edited by mod. 

No name-calling.
  • Options
    myatalamyatala member
    edited April 2014
    Edited by mod.
    Try using the Quote feature so we can properly appreciate where your overreaction is aimed. I mean, are you wishing everyone the worst or just one responder? And seriously, use pink dye tests following their directions. Don't take tests apart. TTC is mindfuckery enough without making it more complicated and confusing.
  • Options
    Just one person
  • Options
    Those are some very harsh words @armywife1227‌!! I really hope this is a violation of TOS even though we don't know who this message is intended for. That was beyond brutal.
    Me: 30 DH 28
    TTC since March 2013
    DH, SA normal count, slow swimmers
    NTNP as of 7/1/14
    Back to TTC as of 8/2014
    1st RE appointment October 2014, everything looks good both of us healthy and normal
    Clomid and IUI first cycle November 2014:BFN 
    Clomid and IUI December 20, 2014: BFP 1/4/15!!

Untitled

• Options
    @armywife1227 If you KNOW that blue dye tests are "the devil" (your words, not mine) Then why would you post another thread this morning asking us to interpret your test? Learn your lesson and buy pink dye tests.

We are not your personal google. We can't tell you if you are pregnant. I don't understand how people can do that.

Also, why are you flipping out 2 weeks later? JFC.

BabyFetus Ticker

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP: 6/4/14       EDD: 2/11/15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"