C-sections

Tender abdomen post c section

I had a section on Tuesday and my Dr talked a lot about incision care post surgery but didn't really address abdominal pain. My incision looks great but the area above it (3-4inches above) is VERY tender. I cannot even begin to think about using the belly binder they gave me. I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow but wanted to ask if this was normal? TIA

CafeMom Tickers

Re: Tender abdomen post c section

• So here's something I didn't know until my most recent (3rd) c/s. There is actually a much larger internal incision above the one you see outside. That one takes a lot longer to heal and is the source of most pain. I learned this b/c at 8 weeks, after being cleared at 6 weeks, my pain returned. I've been achey and hurting just like I was in the first few weeks. Turns out I over did it and that internal incision is not as healed as I thought. I'm back on lift/activity restriction until 12 weeks :-(

• @slwprincess‌ I am sorry you are back on restrictions! :( I had no idea the internal incision was in a different spot. That would definitely explain why that area is so tender. Thanks and take care of yourself! Hope you feel better soon.

CafeMom Tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"