May 2014 Moms
Options

A letter to sleep

Dear Sleep,
I miss the relationship we used to have. How amazing it was. How I could fall asleep, stay asleep and wake up refreshed. I think it's time we start seeing each other again!

Love,
One tired very pregnant mom

Re: A letter to sleep

• Options
    awc1986awc1986 member
    edited April 2014
    I'd copy my bladder into this letter. Up 3 times between 10pm and 1:30am is absolutely not cool.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's bad but just wait till baby is here!!

I remember saying after LO was a few months old, man I sure did complain about pregnancy sleep being awful but it's nothing compared to this!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

#2-BO 6/6/13 D/C     #3 natural m/c 8/6/13 

#4 EDD 5/19/14 It's a boy! 

• Options
    SMM1986 said:

I really miss being able to roll over without feeling like my vagina was being ripped in half.

Copy. That.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options

MrsT2008 said:
    It's bad but just wait till baby is here!! I remember saying after LO was a few months old, man I sure did complain about pregnancy sleep being awful but it's nothing compared to this!
    Haha see, I think the opposite! The newborn sleep deprivation isn't fun but I was so grateful to at least be physically comfortable while sleeping. My quality of sleep was much better, even being as broken as it was!
    Even though I'm a FTM, I can't wait for the comfort from being able to sleep how I used to.  Even a 15 minute power nap will be welcomed!  I feel like the losing sleep after LO is here will be easier (due to having activity to keep me going) than the crap sleep I get right now. 
    In memory of the angel babies that were too perfect for Earth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    MrsT2008 said:

JKTTC1 said:

I remember saying after LO was a few months old, man I sure did complain about pregnancy sleep being awful but it's nothing compared to this!

Haha see, I think the opposite! The newborn sleep deprivation isn't fun but I was so grateful to at least be physically comfortable while sleeping. My quality of sleep was much better, even being as broken as it was!
    Oh I hope you are right @MrsT2008‌ !
  • Options
    MrsT2008 said:

JKTTC1 said:

I've always felt the same way. But, I formula fed both kids so when DH took a night feed I could get a nice 4 hour chunk. I plan on bf'ing this time so who knows.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the PP's who say they slept better after baby was here. This was exactly how it went for me. I slept so terribly for the last 2 months with DS, even when he was a newborn waking up every 2-3 hrs, at least it was solid, quality sleep. No peeing a billion times, no pain, discomfort...it was way better.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    MrsT2008 said:

@SMM1986‌ - I BFed and i still much preferred the sleep during the newborn phase :). There is hope!

Thanks! That's reassuring. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, I miss rolling over without the process and moans all night long. 

• Options
    I'm looking forward to the n00b phase. She's going to be in a bassinet next to our bed and I'll be BFing (i hope) so there will be less upheaval for us when she wakes. Unfortunately our bathroom is downstairs and through the kitchen (Victorian cottage), so going to pee several times a night is fucking boring now. Going downstairs, through the kitchen to the back of the house, pee a thimble full, back through the kitchen, upstairs again, get comfy, oh wait I need to pee again. Over it.

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

• Options
    first it was not being able to sleep due to discomfort and constant peeing but tonight I can't even breath ! woke up twice gasping for air it's not ok!
  • Options
    Lol! Awake here too you guys! So.freaking.uncomfortable!
  • Options
    awc1986 said:

I'm looking forward to the n00b phase. She's going to be in a bassinet next to our bed and I'll be BFing (i hope) so there will be less upheaval for us when she wakes. Unfortunately our bathroom is downstairs and through the kitchen (Victorian cottage), so going to pee several times a night is fucking boring now. Going downstairs, through the kitchen to the back of the house, pee a thimble full, back through the kitchen, upstairs again, get comfy, oh wait I need to pee again. Over it.

My one and only bathroom is also downstairs on the opposite side of the house from my bedroom. So I feel ya, when you get up pee a drop, then 10mins later pee a few more drops. It sucks!!! Maybe I'll get a bed pan just so I don't have to walk downstairs 5 times a night.
  • Options
    I hear you! I rolled over last night and dh wakes up and yells "what are you doing?!" I said I was trying to roll over bc my hips hurt, but he just responded angrily "your shaking the whole bed, yanking the covers from me, and groaning really loud! Sit still!"

Um... news flash dh! I know I'm keeping u up at night, but it is very uncomfortable to have a person in you. I'm sleeping way less than u! Shove it!

Rant over.
  • Options
    jsaffer01 said:
    My one and only bathroom is also downstairs on the opposite side of the house from my bedroom. So I feel ya, when you get up pee a drop, then 10mins later pee a few more drops. It sucks!!! Maybe I'll get a bed pan just so I don't have to walk downstairs 5 times a night.
    This thought seriously crossed my mind, but i don't think DH would appreciate me tinkling in the corner. It's probably the reason i'm only getting up 2-3 times a night and not 5-6. Sometimes i realise it's not worth the trip and manage to hold on and get a bit more sleep. We live in a semi-rural area near a river too, so we gets lots of critters. I can't just walk through the kitchen at night in a daze. I have to be alert to dodge the slugs, woodlice and occasional mouse. My house is gross. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

• Options
    I would so rather the newborn phase, at least during that time there is an actual reason for being awake at night. I never pumped at night, I would only pump during the day.

• Options
    I with you @kitchencolors, the newborn sleep is hell. I wish I could fast forward through that stage and skip it completely! I'll take uncomfortable pregnant sleep over newborn sleep any day.
    image    image

• Options
    Well it's 5:45am and I've been awake since 4:20. Given up on trying to sleep now, especially as its getting light and baby is going nuts. I should be happy with 5hrs, right? At least I'm not working anymore and have to stay in tomorrow for a delivery. It bugs me when people say "get plenty of rest!". Well, duh! Do you not think I'm trying?!

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

• Options
    Well it's 5:45am and I've been awake since 4:20. Given up on trying to sleep now, especially as its getting light and baby is going nuts. I should be happy with 5hrs, right? At least I'm not working anymore and have to stay in tomorrow for a delivery. It bugs me when people say "get plenty of rest!". Well, duh! Do you not think I'm trying?!
    It makes me want to throat punch people when they tell me to "get your sleep now!". 1) Obviously I'm trying. 2) Is there a special sleep bank where I can store some for later? No? Ok, then STFU.
    "Oh get as much as you can now, because you'll miss it when the baby is here!"

No shit. I miss it now. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

• Options
    MrsT2008 said:
    @SMM1986‌ - I BFed and i still much preferred the sleep during the newborn phase :). There is hope!
    This is joyous news! I'm hoping I feel this way, too.

Mommy to my sweet boy, JG, born May 15, 2014

Baby #2 due 4/26/16!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"