Infertility
Options

CNY Fertility in New York

I was wondering if anyone has any experience or success stories at CNY Fertility in New York?

My Husband and I have been TTC for our first child for almost 7 years. We've been down the road of a few Clomid and IUI cycles off and on for a few years with no success. We were originally diagnosed as "unexplained" 6 years ago, but we've had some bumps in the road with a varicocele surgery for my Husband and thyroid issues with myself.

Last Fall after much praying and discussion, we decided that we want to do IVF as our last chance try. We don't want to look back and say that we didn't try everything we could. Since the beginning of the year, I have been looking into Dr.'s in our area (Western Pennsylvania), but the cost is so prohibitive here...the lowest price I received for one cycle was $9,700, not including monitoring or medications. 

By luck, I met a woman at church a few months ago that mentioned CNY to me. When I went to their website I almost couldn't believe their prices and from the reviews that I have read on-line so far I've only heard great things. I feel like we may have a real chance now. I have to go through a few months of preliminary testing before we begin so we probably won't be getting started with IVF until late Summer/early Fall.

Any words of advice or success stories would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: CNY Fertility in New York

• Options
    Check out their SART statistics as they are very low. Look at their numbers for your age group and diagnosis. Some people get pg there but in general, their stats are a lot lower than the national average. I don't think their lab is very good. I went there for 2 cycles of donor eggs and had a terrible experience. Be wary of low prices as it usually is too good to be true.

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:41 and BRCA1+, DH:46
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality ; homozygous MTHFR c677t
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#1 11/12 bad embryos= BFN
    DE IVF #2 2/13 BFP/Beta hell: m/c 5w6d
    CFNBC 7 months, not doing well; decided on guarantee program at RBA w/frozen DE
    DE IVF #3 1/14  ET 4BB; BFP;M/C 5w1d, incomplete m/c; MVA extraction in ER 7w1d

DE FET#1 ET 3/1714; BFP, beta 1 3/27= 197, beta 2 3/31= 1586, beta 3 4/7= 13879!!
    First u/s= Twins with HBs at 6w2d! We are Team Pink x 2!!

K & K born 11/21/14 at 38wks 4 days

imageimage

SAIF/PAIF Welcome

http://waitingforraintostop.wordpress.com

• Options
    I did 2 fresh cycles at the Albany office.  First resulted in a chemical and I am currently 6w3d pregnant from our second cycle with twins.  I can not say enough good things about CNY.  Without them and their affordable pricing we never would have been able to have our dream babies.
    TTC 2007
    Me-OK DH- MFI
    2010 IUI 1-3 Femara + Ovidrill BFN
    Change DR 5/12 IUI 4-5 Natural Cycle BFN
    5/13 DH diagnosed with b1/b3 microdeletion of Y chromosome
    IVF #1 July  Started Lupron 7/5 AF 7/14
    ER 8/1 7R 5M 3F W/ICSI ET 8/6 Moved to 8/7 due to no blast 
    Transferred our UNO embryo Beta #1 27 Beta #2 33 Beta #3 29 CP :(
    IVF #2 Started Lupron 2/14 
    Protocol 10U Lupron, 150 Bravelle, 150 Menopur, HGH for 4 days, Dexamethesone, 
    Supplements 6000mg CoQ10, 100mg DHEA, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, 
    ER 3/12 8R 4 able to be injected 2f with ICSI ET 3/15 2 "perfect" textbook Embryos
    2 crinone, estrace, dexamethesone, doxycycline
    BETA #1 3/26 201  BETA #2 3/28 524  BETA #3 4/5 9,876  Ultrasound April 7 Showed TWINs
    April 18 ultrasound Baby A HB 147   Baby B HB 146  Both measuring 7w1d
    WE ARE TEAM BLUE X2!
    Jonathan Daniel received his angel wings July 23, 2014 :( born 9/20/14
    Jackson Thomas was born October 31, 2014 @ 35w 5d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you ekc0630! I have heard about half a dozen of stories just like yours and that makes me so much more comfortable. I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
  • Options
    I go there as well- Their SART scores are definitely not that great compared to some other clinics.  I really like their focus on Eastern medicine to support the Western medicine, and like that there are a good amount of support opportunities and free yoga :) 

Be prepared to advocate for yourself though-you will generally only see nurses so make sure you know what your scans look like, what your levels are, and what meds you are taking for what purpose.  That being said- you have same day access to your patient portal which will have all the information from your monitoring appointment, so it is easy to keep yourself informed.  And you will have almost 24/7 access to Dr. Kiltz or any other RE if you have questions about your protocol etc.  If things aren't going the way you think they should be going, speak up! 

We did some TI cycles, some IUI cycles, and then moved on to IVF with them.  My first IVF cycle was successful, but was a pretty crappy cycle overall (we only had 7 retrieved, 4 mature and 1 fertilize).  We had a second trimester loss, but that's not the clinic's fault.  Our second cycle we made a lot of changes after talking to Dr. Kiltz and it was like night and day. 

I'm happy to give you any more info. if you have specific questions or anything like that. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary

TTC since 2008
    Dh:34, no issues.  Me:31, Endo, slightly hypothyroid, deformed ovary, paracentric inversion.
    4 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone +TI cycles= all BFN
    Lap in 2012 to remove large unresolving cyst discovered endo and double lobed ovary.
     6 Gonal-F, Cetrotide, HcG, Crinone IUI cycles= All BFN,
    1st IVF w/ICSI- June '13 Antagonist: Gonal-F, Menopur, Ganirelix, HcG, Estradiol, Crinone= 7 retrieved, 4 mature, 1 unfertilized, 2 abnormally fertilized, 1 normally fertilized.  2DT of only embryo and our miracle BFP.
    Our beloved baby boy was born sleeping Oct. 13, 2013 due to pROM/IC/Uterine infection.
    2nd IVF w/ICSI- Feb. '14 EPP/lupron/antagonist: Estrace, lupron, HGH, Gonal-F, Menopur, HcG, PIO, lovenox, doxy/dex.=21 retrieved, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!!  5dt of 1 blast/ 6 frozen. BFP!  Beta 1 9dp5dt:83.9  Beta 2: 11dp5dt: 145.2  Beta 3  14dp5dt: 497  Please be our sticky rainbow baby!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage
  • Options
    DisneyG2DisneyG2 member
    edited April 2014
    I also go there.  Although you do not see Dr. Kiltz very often he still makes himself available and Dr, Green is great as well. Both are very positive and personable.  There are some really great nurses (a couple I'm not a fan of) the reception ladies I think knows everyone by their first names and the financial women are great as well! The SART numbers were lower than I was hoping but price wise, it is most affordable for me and also convenient as I live so close.  My first IVF fresh transfer cycle did end in a BFN and I began researching other clinics in bigger cities with higher successes rates while waiting for FET #1 but again the price is dramatically higher and then you need to factor in travel expenses.  My FET #1 was a BFP on Friday :) 
    TTC since September 2011, w/ RE since March 13

Me: 32: PCOS, Low AMH .59
    DH: 36, Non-Obstructctive Azoospermia (unexplained)
    - SA May,13 &  June 13 no sperm, Urologist appt. July 13, Clomid Prescribed
    - October 13, PESA sperm extraction surgery, found sperm (very small amount) froze vial for backup
    - March 14, PESA + TESA, no sperm, used backup

IVF w/ ICIS #1: March 14:
    - ER 2/28: 10 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 4 fertilized with frozen backup vial, no sperm left to freeze 
    - ET 3/3: 2 transferred, 2 frozen on 3/5
    - BFN 3/14

FET #1: 4/2
    -BFP on 4/11, 1at beta 147, 2nd beta 565, EDD 12/20/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"