Dads & Dads-to-be

dad's that continues to drink liquor

I feel as though if my child father dont stop drinking then im leaving before my baby born because i dont trust no drunk i have issues with alcholics.my oldest child father was a drunk n very abusive and i dont want that around my kids especially if the dad cant drink responsible he said iT keep him rested i dont see where what should i do?

Re: dad's that continues to drink liquor

• It needs to be his personal choice to quit drinking not your or your just going to come off as controlling. If it's an issue discuss with him your safety concerns with him being drunk around you and the baby. Ultimately it's not about him or you it's about what's best for the baby. If it's best for the baby that he's not in the picture then you have to do what you have to do.
  • That's why i choose to leave for the baby no Me talking cant get nothing out so it feels as he wasnt ready for sure
  • Loading the player...
  • Please try to use proper punctuation. It makes your comments extremely difficult to read otherwise.

If your child's father has a drinking problem he should get help. But if he's having a beer or two a night, it's your issue that you should work through.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Did he just suddenly start drinking?

If not, then why did you decide to have a relationship and a child with someone that you already knew was an alcoholic if you do not approve of it?
    Proud 40 year old, first time daddy!
  • Considering this is the person's first post... this could just be made up.

If it is not made up, why did you decide to have a child with someone who I'm guessing had an alcohol problem before you got pregnant by him?

If he's drinking every night to the point of getting drunk, it is an issue.  If he has a single beer, maybe 2, with dinner... not that big of a deal.   You likely aren't going to get him to stop if he has a problem, so tell him, don't expect a change and be prepared to leave.
  • Has anyone seen the movie Idiocracy? Yeah.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"