Multiples

leaking fluid?

I am 29 weeks pregnant with di-di girls.  I have a question, kinda embarrassing though.  Every time I go to the Doctor whether its my OB or MFM, I am asked if I am leaking fluid.

So anyone that is pregnant knows that it is always kinda wet down there (for lack of better word)  Can you feel the difference between regular pregnant discharge or leaking fluid?

This is not my first pregnancy, my water broke with my first so I know what that feels like.  Plus I want to answer that everytime I pee I feel like I leak.

Can anyone give me guidance on this? 

Re: leaking fluid?

• I couldn't tell the difference between leaking amniotic fluid and normal discharge. I mentioned having more discharge than usual to my doc and she checked it with a little test strip. Long story short...I delivered via emergency csection that day! If you ever question the fluid thing just mention it to your doctor because it's easy to test for. If my doctor didn't catch my leaking early then things could have gone really bad for me and my girls.
  • I'm pretty sure I am the (self-proclaimed) Queen of leaking fluid.  I had a broken water with a slow leak for 4 weeks before I delivered my twins.  I could feel the fluid leaking out of me every time I stood up from a sitting or lying position.  It wasn't just wetness in my underwear. And if you are questioning it at all, go in and get checked!  I tested negative twice (even though I could still feel the leaking) before it was finally confirmed that I was leaking amniotic fluid.  AF also had a distinct "sweet" smell to it, but I didn't pick up on that for the first few days.  
    Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I had that and it was just more and a little different feeling than regular discharge.  If you think it really could be leaking fluid, then I would get it checked out by your doctor.  

Mom to 3 wonderful girls:
    Eva, born on 1/2/11
    Celia and Lily, born on 5/17/13
  • I couldn't tell. I honestly just thought I was having slightly worse incontinence issues at that stage. :/ It did have a slightly different smell once I knew for sure, but, if you think you're leaking, always call. If you are, every hour is critical to get in the steroid shots, start antibiotics to prevent infection, etc.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • At first, I couldn't tell the difference. After a while it became clear it was fluid when I started bleeding and it came in gushes of larger volume. Definitely something to err on the side of caution about, though.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • This is how my kids were born at 34 weeks. Keep in mind, my PTL started at 23 weeks and I was on bed rest.

Anyways, my story-- I thought I was leaking fluid and went to L&D. They did a test, and it came back negative. I was contracting a lot on my NST the next day, so my doctor checked my cervix. I was 100% effaced and 4cm. Sent me back to L&D. Contractions stopped, but I was placed on hospital bed rest. Next morning I woke up at 6am complaining about leaking again. My nurse told me that I had peed myself but would get my doctor. Test came back positive this time. My baby A's bag had been ruptured for some time and his head was just blocking the fluid from leaking. I was induced within 3 hours and had my baby boys at 9:30 that night.

Long story, short-- if you think you are leaking, it is worth getting it checked out. Even multiple times.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"