Late Term and Child Loss

PAL Check-in

NoetholaNoethola member
edited April 2014 in Late Term and Child Loss
Welcome to the PAL check-in! Please feel free to ask questions (whether or not you are PAL) and get to know one another and the journey each person is on.

Congrats on our new babies!!!!!!!!!!!!: @dixon813 @ajsweeton @gertebarden

How old is/are your children? 

Do you have any upcoming milestones?

How has this week been for you?

QOTW: What is your favorite thing to do with your child/children?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

PS. Bonus points for pictures. :-)
Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

Re: PAL Check-in

• Loading the player...
  • @osuwifey09 Are you able to do couples counseling? I know grief counseling was helpful for you, perhaps it would be good to go? T&Ps. I am so sorry you have to deal with everything at once.
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• ~~lurking/looking forward to joining this check in~~

OSUWifey09
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Aubrey is nine months! Longer out than in... a little heart breaking. How time flies!

No upcoming milestones.

This week wasn't terrible. I'm having a hard time at school because a colleague is pregnant and was due two weeks before my edd for Riley, so she looks just like I should right now. I passed some diapers on to her that Aubrey had outgrown. I was holding onto them for Riley, but since we don't need them anymore they were just taking up space in her closet. It was a little sad.

My favorite thing to do with Aubrey is blew bubbles. She is amazed by them and lets out audible oohs and ahs when she sees them. It's so cute!

We picked up Riley's ashes from the funeral home this week. There was more than I expected. We're tossing around ideas of what to do with them. We had planned to spread them at his brothers grave, but then I found this company that makes glass beads with them. I would kind of like to do that and they only need a small amount, but part of me feels it's wrong tosplit them up. Has anyone done this? What are your thoughts?

Bonus picture of dd eating cheerios. Love this one!

• How old is/are your children? Emily is just over 3 weeks

Do you have any upcoming milestones?  Mother's Day.  We celebrated Kayla's first angelversary when Emily was 5 days old.

How has this week been for you?  Pretty good, we've gotten out for walks and she's been sleeping pretty well.

QOTW: What is your favorite thing to do with your child/children?  I love to snuggle on the couch.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  I know it's not permanent, but I've been so busy with Emily these first few weeks that I haven't had much time to think about or mourn Kayla very much.  This makes me feel like a terrible mom, like she's been replaced.  But I know once the hectic life of having a newborn calms down it will be different.

PS. Bonus points for pictures.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Noethola said:
    @osuwifey09 Are you able to do couples counseling? I know grief counseling was helpful for you, perhaps it would be good to go? T&Ps. I am so sorry you have to deal with everything at once.
    H is deployed right now, and he's on the total opposite schedule of me, so we're barely talking. I want us to do counseling, but it will probably have to wait until he gets home in August/September...and I'm not sure if our marriage can survive that long without counseling, honestly. He did say he's seeing his own counselor out there, and I've started counseling again as well to help me sort out my feelings about things. My hope is that we can arrange for some sort of Skype counseling while he's gone, but we'll see.

Thanks for the Ts and Ps, ladies. They mean a lot to me.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • L is almost 17 months old now. No upcoming milestones, aside from her 18 month b-day. This week is nice because I'm on Spring Break so I get to be home. My favorite thing to do with L is to read. She loves to point at the pictures and asks me to name things for her. She also has some Baby Signs books and she copies the signs...it's fun because she's learning how to talk and say some words.
    Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"