Late Term and Child Loss

PgAL Check In

I hope this finds you all well and positive this week! If you have any questions you would like answered, please don't be shy! You can also ask the PAL ladies. Grow little ones, grow!

~ ~ ~ I'm hoping this is my last check in.  Is there anyone who would like to take over when Mrs. Nice is unavailable?

How far along are you?

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch?  Why?

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?
~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PgAL Check In

• @dixon813 All the best through the next week! Cant wait to see your LO safe and sound!!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    "Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you?

9 weeks 4 days. We are due November 10. I've been super nervous to intro until now (I still am) but these check ins are very helpful.

I have my 10 week appointment with OB next Wednesday. I graduated from my RE office this week. Baby was measuring a couple of days ahead which has never happened before. I will take the Harmony test soon and also schedule my NT scan. If the baby is healthy that will be a huge milestone for us since we lost our baby girl to a terminal diagnosis and have had another chromosomal loss along with others for unknown reasons.

I have been very nauseous which I will take any day! I am also very bloated. I can't seem to stomach sweet things right now but that doesn't mean I haven't been stuffing my face with everything else ;)

Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch? Why?

Yes we are staying with the same OB. We feel comfortable with her. She knows us and our history and feel like she is a great fit for us.

I feel so blessed to be pregnant again. I am so terrified of the genetic tests. I have been checking the baby's heart beat each day since last week which has been such a blessing but I just pray and pray for the health of this baby. The more we progress the closer to those scans we get and that makes me so nervous. I do feel really good about how this pregnancy has been going but we were completely blindsided before and I am terrified of that happening again.

If anyone has some prayers for our sweet baby that would be so much appreciated.

• @Dixon813 - ((hugs)) and I will be thinking of you this week!  Hopefully LO will be here soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • MCH77MCH77 member
    How far along are you?  4 weeks today

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?  First dr appointment is May 12. 

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?  Light cramps and back pain... just enough to make me anxious.

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch?  Why?  Stayed, I love him. 

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Wish I had a crystal ball to see how this ends.  Can't believe I have to make it through another 35 weeks.  UGH!

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• jess123456 I'm glad you can find baby's heartbeat at home - that has to be reassuring.  Continued prayers as you enter the time for genetic tests!

MCH77 ! Prayers for a healthy pregnancy.  I know what you mean about being pregnant for another 35 weeks... I was just telling DH and friends I've practically been pregnant for a year and a half.  And while I'm so blessed that this pregnancy has gone smoothly, I'm ready to be done being pregnant!

aragosta hoping that May 7th comes quickly!

~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • How far along are you? 17 weeks today

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Appt in two weeks

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I want watermelon and water lol

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch?  Same ob , shes great.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? staying positive,

i'm trying but its tough.

• XathXath member
    How far along are you? 35w1 day

We're having a baby tomorrow. I went in for my weekly NST today and we saw some concerns, so my MFM sent me to L&D. Baby hasn't grown in the last week and his heart rate kept dropping on the monitor. An US showed that the cord is wrapped around his neck and the placenta has further calcified to the point they're concerned it's not working well enough. So here I am. They're monitoring for 24 hours to do another round of steroids and start antibiotics for a sinus infection I have. Tomorrow I'm having a baby! Ack!

Not really.

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch? Why?

I stayed with the same practice. I really like them and they have my whole history. In fact, the doctor on call at the hospital this weekend is the same doctor who delivered my daughter, and she's being so sweet and considerate. My physical recovery from my last c-section was very smooth so I have complete confidence in her .

Freaked out a bit. I knew this week was going to be rough. My daughter was born at 35+6 and I was really hoping to make it further this time. I know that his odds are still very good and every baby is different, but she had even better odds and still died. I'm trying to stay calm, but I'm so nervous. I need him to be ok.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• How far along are you? 35w 5d

I have my last MFM appt on Monday babies will be here on 4/21

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? Just super sore and generally ready to see these babies.

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch? Why?
    We switched to the practice at the hospital we were sent to when I was in labor with Elliott and Ryland. The MFM we were sent to is an expert at preventing PTL in twins. And TBH we really blame one of the drs in our old practice for not recognizing the signs of PTL and possibly being able to prevent it.

We were just released from L&D this morning due to some BP issues. I'm so thankful to be able to spend the next 10 days home instead of there. Really looking forward to meeting these babies soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• @gertiebarden I will be praying for you guys!
  • @gertiebar - thinking of you!

DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • @gertiebarden All the best today. Praying for a healthy baby and mama!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• @gertiebarden many prayers to mama and baby!  Keep us posted!

jonahsma staying positive can be really difficult... one day at a time, right?!  Hugs!!

ajsweeton I'm glad you can rest at home for the next 10 days.

I didn't realize how many of us are so close to meeting our rainbows!!

• Hello. I'm 12 weeks along and everything that happens I compare to my pregnancy with my son. I lost my son Jacob to SIDS last July 7th. I'm struggling with emotions and guilt. Does anyone else here feel like that? I'm just so confused
  • @gertiebarden‌ Keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
  • @gertiebarden‌ Good luck! So excited for you to meet your baby.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @gertiebarden‌ I hope everything went well today. You and your LO are in my thoughts and prayers today.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

• XathXath member
    Hello. I'm 12 weeks along and everything that happens I compare to my pregnancy with my son. I lost my son Jacob to SIDS last July 7th. I'm struggling with emotions and guilt. Does anyone else here feel like that? I'm just so confused
    @kdurrett2012  I'm so sorry for the loss of your Jacob, and congratulations on your new baby.  Pregnancy after a loss is such an emotional roller coaster, and you'll likely feel a full gamut of emotions before your new LO is ready to join you on the outside.  I hope you find this community a good outlet to find the support you need.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
  • Congratulations @gertiebarden‌! He is beautiful. Prayers he keeps doing well.
  • So adorable!! @gertiebarden‌ praying for a speedy and uneventful NICU stay.

imageimage

• Sammy is absolutely perfect, @gertiebarden !!!  Continued prayers that his NICU stay is short.  Hope YOU are feeling well, mama!!

• Hello. I'm 12 weeks along and everything that happens I compare to my pregnancy with my son. I lost my son Jacob to SIDS last July 7th. I'm struggling with emotions and guilt. Does anyone else here feel like that? I'm just so confused
    I'm so sorry for your loss of Jacob - but I'm glad you've found this board and check in.  One thing I've had the hardest time with is struggling with missing my triplets SO much, yet knowing that if they were still alive we wouldn't be pregnant with this baby -- it's a lot too juggle, but remembering to take it one day, or one moment, at a time helps.

We're here for you however and whenever you need. 
  • @gertiebarden‌ -congratulations! He is beautiful!

• How far along are you?  26 weeks tomorrow!

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones?  Nothing in the near future. My next OB appt is on 4/23 and will also be my GTT (FX!) and my next u/s with MFM is 5/5.  I always hate waiting between appts!

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?  I've been craving mostly sweets.  I try to satisfy that craving with fruit, but definitely fall weak with all the Easter candy around!

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch?  Why?  I have stayed with my OB practice, mostly for the fact that they know my history first hand.  The thought of finding a new practice was really just overwhelming.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Just trying to balance my grief for Izzie with my joy for our new LO.  And just hoping we get to keep this LO.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers    
      *All AL Welcome*    imageimage

• MCH77MCH77 member
    Congrats! He is beautiful.

BFP #1 March 24, 2010; missed m/c May 26, 2010 @ 12w 4d; D&E May 28, 2010

BFP #2 Oct 20, 2010; My little boy was born on July 5, 2011

BFP #3 April 30, 2013; Chemical Pg May 5, 2013

BFP #4 Aug 22, 2013; It's a boy.  Loss discovered at 24 weeks on Jan 15, 2014 (cause CMV virus)    

<3 We love and miss you Timothy <3

BFP #5 April 6, 2014; missed m/c May 15, 2014 @ 9 weeks; Misoprostol May 15, 2014; D&C May June 3, 2014

• @Dixon813 I can't believe how close you are!  Thank you so much for doing the check-in during this time.  Good luck!

@gertiebarden So glad to see Sammy is here, and that you had such a caring team there for you.  I understand how hard this must be for you, who knows if it will ever really get easier, but I hope it does.  He is so adorable.  

How far along are you?  34+1 I can't believe I will hopefully have a living baby in about three weeks if not sooner.

I'm having twice weekly NST'S.  Just had one this morning, the test was non-reactive (he failed) it has been non-reactive at every test, so I have been getting BPP'S twice a week too.  
    As for milestones, next week it will be two years since Stella was born still.  I have really been feeling the sadness weighing heavily on my heart.  I have been extra emotional this whole month.  I just wish she was here.  I wish I could have both my children here with me.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions?  Really craving sweets.  

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch?  Why?  I stayed with the same healthcare system (same hospital) but changed OB practices.  I blame my old Dr. for not taking my concerns seriously last time.  The Dr. that was on call and delivered my daughter is now my regular OB.  She was there, she held my daughter, and knows exactly what I went through.  She has been so wonderful and helpful, I'm glad I switched.   

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  Hoping this baby keeps growing, he did have a drop in growth so I am so worried.  Also, thinking of my daughter and missing her with all of my heart.  

BFP #1 Jan. 2011 - mmc Mar. 2011 
    BFP #2 Aug. 2011 - My sleeping angel Stella, born April 21, 2012 
    BFP #3 Nov. 2012 - mmc Dec. 2012
    BFP #4 April 2013 - mc May 2013
    BFP #5 Sept. 2013 - EDD 5.24.14
  • I hope that things are going well with your sweet rainbow, @gertiebarden - congratulations!! I'm so glad he has a great team of doctors/nurses who are looking out for him.

Can't wait to see some of you on the PAL side...so many of you are having rainbows soon!
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love lurking this thread grow. I pray all of you lovely ladies have happy, healthy pregnancies that end with a beautiful rainbow.

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• @dixon813 Congratulations!  He is completely adorable. 
  • I hope you don't mind if I ask a question. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to post on its own.

I was told by my OB that we didn't have to wait. When we met with the MFM last week she said 6 months. So who should I listen to? I don't understand how 2 docs say different things. I was sort of in shock when she told me that and didn't ask any questions at the time. I plan on making a consult appt with my RE and get his opinion.

What were you all told?
  • @nohalo21- we lost our son at 39 weeks, 3 days due to a spontaneous maternal fetal hemorrhage. This is completely random and really rare so my OB and MFM told us that we could try again as soon as we feel comfortable but at least 6 months might be best for us emotionally. I would follow up and get some clarity from both of them on their recommendations. Good luck.
  • @Bgirma‌ - I'm sorry for your loss. I had a 2nd tri loss due to triploidy, Rare and not genetic. Her feeling was that it takes the body time to readjust, etc. I obviously want to do what is best for me and want to follow med advice. It's hard when you get two conflicting things. I put a call in to her but have yet to hear.

Another dumb question- is it cycles or months? I have PCOS and my cycles are wacky.
  • XathXath member
    edited April 2014
    @Dixon813‌ Congratulations!!!! What a handsome little dude!
  • @nohalo21‌ I am sorry you are getting conflicting answers. I lost my daughter at 20w4d due to IC and my dr told us to wait at least one cycle and he recommended 6 months for emotional reasons. It took 9 weeks for my period to return and then we decided to start trying as we felt emotionally ready. When you do talk to your drs I would ask them if they mean cycles or months.

@gertiebarden‌ and @Dixon813‌ congratulations on your rainbows!
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @Dixon813‌ congratulations!! He's so handsome and big!

imageimage

• @Dixon813‌ - congratulations! He is beautiful!

@nohalo21‌ - I am so sorry you are getting conflicting info. We were told to wait 6 months for physical reasons (I had a c-section) and were encouraged to wait a full year (for emotional and physical reasons, again because of the c-section). We are actually okay with waiting that long, and feel like we needed this time to really grieve for our little boy, and be sure that we are ready to try again. I hope you can get some clarification!

• All these pgal babies are so exciting! Congrats @dixon813 and @gertiebarden !! I can't wait to follow in your footsteps!

How far along are you? almost 22 weeks

Do you have any upcoming appointments or milestones? Just had an appointment with our MFM today and he seems to think all is well. He basically said if my condition is going to recur (and no one knows...) then I will still be fine until at least 32 weeks since it's a late 3rd trimester disease. But I guess I feel like each week gets me closer to the danger zone. Yikes.

Any pregnancy symptoms or pregnancy cravings or aversions? I feel a little worn out in general, but I am enjoying all the baby girl kicks.

QOTW: Have you stayed with your OB that delivered your angel(s) or did you switch?  Why?  We didn't feel that my OBs took any of my symptoms seriously, so we switched. After seeing the notes from my former doctors office, I was horrified. I saw 4 doctors rotating and their notes left out almost everything I said. So when I saw a different doctor the following week, they weren't able to connect any of the symptoms I reported. It still makes me sick to even think about it :(

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?  We just got back from a glorious week in Florida and now I'm ready for summer! Also, I just changed my picture to my little boy's feet. I hope it shows up soon!

first son stillborn 7/20/13 at 39 weeks due to Acute Fatty Liver of Pregnancy
    It's a girl! Baby Anna was born August 3, 2014!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"