Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Working Moms: Sending older child to a summer camp

If you work full time, have you had the chance to send your older child to any sort of camp? DD1 (almost 4) currently takes ballet. I'm planning to move her to a different studio and the studio I'm looking at is offering a Frozen themed dance camp for a week. Problem is it's 9:30am - 12:30pm M-F. Do you just skip these sort of things (if you have no one to do drop off and pick-up) or do you adjust work hours to take and pick-up. All my girls currently go to daycare/preschool.

Re: Working Moms: Sending older child to a summer camp

• Options

I switched to a nanny when my older one started K and my little one was 1 1/2- most of it was for this reason. I only did full day camps/preschool, and couldn't do programs like this.

BUT if it just a week and you think she will LOVE it, can you take off a few days, or your DH or family so she can go?

• Options
    We've signed the kids up for a few half day camps over the summer. We signed them up with friends, and we're doing a mixture of H and I working half days, or swapping with parents of their friends. So two days they'll pick up and host a playdate, two days we'll pick up and host a playdate, etc.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a teacher so thankfully I don't have to worry about this, but since I started DD in daycare, she was 3 the 1st summer, I always feel bad about pulling her out.  There seems to be so many special activities and they're with their friends, I'd probably just leave her in daycare unless there was something really special she said she wanted to do.  I think camps like these are more for older kids.  Since she's starting a new studio she may not know may of the kids at the camp and may prefer to be with her daycare friends. 
  • Options
    We started DS at summer camp right before kindergarten to get him used to a full day of activities (we have full day kindergarten) and used to being around a larger group of kids.  He didn't like the camp so we are sending him to a couple different ones this year (five weeks at a full day camp and two weeks with my sister going to swim camp).  DD is 2 is still in FT daycare.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"