Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

6 month old only whines when I'm around

My son is generally a well behaved little guy. If I'm in the kitchen he's quiet, plays by himself, and chatters away to his toys and blows raspberries until the cows come home. But the second I walk into the room...watch out! If I'm in sight he starts to whine almost instantly, and it's CONSTANT. It doesn't matter what he's doing, he just starts whining. He's also just begun scooting. He will scoot to every single thing he wants...except me. If I walk away and say, "Come here Michael," he'll just lay on the floor and whine. He's more than capable of following me so I just walk away if he won't follow after a few months. To this day he has never followed me. If I put a toy on the other side of our apartment he'll go after it in a heart beat...but not me. I just don't get it. Any suggestions?? 

Re: 6 month old only whines when I'm around

• Options
    My almost 7month old also starts 'whining' the minute I get home from work. He currently stays at home with my niece---she said he's happy, cooing, blowing raspberries all day, but the minute I walk in the door he starts to get a little antsy.I assume it's because he wants me to love on him (which I do because I'm gone all day) but I have noticed the same thing. It's only with me, he's perfectly fine when his dad comes in. I just pick him up and immediately nurse him and then start to eat/make dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"