C-sections
Options

debating

My 1st dd was c section because of being breech. So for this one I get to pick either c section or vbac. Part of me wants a c section cause I know what to expect and I get to pick the date. The other part of me wants a vbac to experience birth and that process. Has anyone else been in my situation. Which did you choose and why. TIA.

Re: debating

• Options
    We will chose a RCS for baby #2.  I had a really positive experience w/ my first scheduled c/s (due to breech baby) and I have no burning desire to have a vaginal birth whatsoever.  
    T & J 5.9.09
    MMC 2.12.11 @ 8w
    PVM 5.8.12
    GWM 3.17.15
    RPM 2.21.19

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I've had 2 csections and about to have a 3rd one. It's nice having the date set for my family to come help - taking care of kids with the newborn wasn't that stressful really, but I do have family help for the first 3 weeks. Once they left and I was on my own I felt fine/recovered (and could drive!) by then so it's worked out so far!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD was breech so We had a c-section. I would do it again.
  • Options
    Do you want to have more than two kids? 3+ c-sections start to carry some risk (as opposed to VBAC vs. one RCS). For me, I wanted to keep the option of a third open, but I didn't want to have three c-sections.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    tm599 said:
    We will chose a RCS for baby #2.  I had a really positive experience w/ my first scheduled c/s (due to breech baby) and I have no burning desire to have a vaginal birth whatsoever.  

This
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had planned to do a RCS with our second, because my first was an emergency c and I was really worried about trying to VBAC and having complications and needing another emergency c. I also liked that I knew what the recovery was like, and that I could plan it out bit more. Definitely talk with your doctor and do what feels best for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • Options
    I loved my first cs which was unplanned.  I didn't even consider vbac.  I did go into labor early but that didn't effect my being able to still have a rcs (had DS at 37wks, rcs was scheduled or 39)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I am having a repeat CS. Zero interest in vag delivery, and I am likely not a good candidate regardless but I didn't even bother exploring that. I had an easy recovery, and love knowing the end date/being able to plan care for our toddler. To be fair, my husband will be home on parental leave and my parents are nearby, so I am not worried about being able to recover properly.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• Options
    My son was breech and was born via c/s.  I am already planning a natural VBAC next time around.  I pray I never experience another c/s.  In most cases, a VBAC is safer than another major surgery.  Although, you have to do what you are most comfortable with.  
    PPD/PPA Mom...it has been super hard, but I'm making it! Slow steps...
    Mom to Carter (6), and Calianne (1).  
    Proud VBAC, natural birth, breastfeeding, cloth diapering momma!

• Options
    My DD was breech and i had a c/s with her and I am going for the same thing this time. I had a fantastic experience and don't see what more a Vaginal birth could possibly offer. I don't feel like I missed out on anything by having a c/s.
  • Options
    I had hoped for a Vbac with my second. Doctor was on board and i had a c/s scheduled 3 days after my due date just in case.
    I ended up having a c/s the week before due date after my blood pressure was spiking and he saw no reason to wait and risk things. The recovery with second and third was easier. Just hoping the 4th one is too!
    Good luck
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    My first was breech, too. I thought about it a lot, and decided to vbac. My c was great, no complications or major pain. I didn't get to see him right away--in fact , I saw him on our camera before seeing him in person first and that made me really sad. But, I was able to breastfeed in recovery without any issue. I was just so frustrated that I could move as fast as I wanted to after my first. And the thought of feeling that way with two kids made me really want to try for a vbac, especially since I don't have a lot of family close to me to help out. Complications with cesareans also increase a lot each time you have one, and that can limit how many kids you have. I also knew that finding a dr that would let you try for a vbac after 2 cesareans is really difficult to find, so this was my only chance to try it. I was able to vbac with my second and it was amazing. The feeling of her on my chest was indescribable and I am so glad I went thru with it and will definitely do it again with my 3rd. I could move around with no problems and could pick up both my kiddos without restriction. Www.vbacfacts.com is a great resource to consult. It doesn't push any agenda, only presents facts. There are risks either way, so you have to be comfortable with whatever
    decision you make. Best wishes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"